Distance

People Change and Happens

Seung Hyun woke up to an empty bed and he should have known Ji Yong would leave.  He is proven wrong when he hears noise in his house and the thought that maybe he hasn't left yet fills him with joy. He opens the door and the aroma of food hits him. He walks out into the kitchen and the sight I front has him grinning from ear to ear. Ji Yong is still unaware of his presence and he continues to cook.
"Hotteok, “Seung Hyun says as he comes closer to look into the pan. Ji Yong jumps at his voice and nods; a slight frown forming on his lips.
"I'm sorry, I thought you wouldn't mind" he says.
" of course I don't mind, unless you're excluding me." Seung Hyun reassures him. But something is off, Ji Yong seems cold. And Seung Hyun knows something is coming.

Ji places a Hotteok on his plate. Seung Hyun hesitates to start eating it.

“Sorry it’s the only thing I kind of know how to make,” he says without looking up.

“He watches Ji Yong bite into his hotteok and he too starts to eat. The sugary warmness in the center isn’t enough to distract him from the way Ji Yong is acting. They finish eating in silence and once their done Seung Hyun picks up the dishes.

“I thought you would leave.” he says when his back is turned and Ji Yong can’t see his face.

“That’s kind of hard to do when; I don’t know where my clothes or shoes are. They weren’t where we usually put them when the group visits.”

So, that was the only thing holding him back. Seung Hyun’s stomach sinks after hearing that. He didn’t stay because he wanted to but, because he couldn’t leave. Seung Hyun answers coldly “they’re in my closet; I didn’t think you would mind.”

Ji Yong sighs not bothering to reply and heads to Seung Hyun's room. He knows where Seung Hyun's closet is; he has just never been in there; not since he first came to see the house with the rest of the group and everything was still empty. He opens the door; suits after suits line up the walls until he looks at the other half and it’s empty, except for his own clothes and shoes. It kind of freaks him out. Seung Hyun has a lot of clothes, why is this side empty? Then it hits him maybe Seung Hyun has been waiting for someone to share his life with. Maybe it isn’t him; he is not good enough fill up this empty space. Maybe Seung Hyun is confused and this space isn’t meant to be his. What hurts most is the thought that maybe Seung Hyun has been looking for someone and it wasn’t meant to be him. He leaves the closet as fast as he can. He changes into his clothes and takes his shoes. Ji goes back to the dining table where Seung Hyun is still sitting. He doesn’t look up he just sits there.

“I think I should go to the dorm, Young Bae must be worried,” Ji Yong says in an indifferent tone, “but before that I have something to ask of you, I think that the reason we are feeling like this is because we’ve been seeing each other too much.”

“What are you trying to say, that we should stop seeing each other? You just said you love me last night”

“I know what I said, I just think I’m confused and so are you. I think it’s best to see each other the least possible; At least for two months or so.”

Seung Hyun gives a sad laugh, “you’re pushing me away again” He raises his cold eyes to look at Ji Yong, “If that is what you want then fine but it won’t help. These feelings won’t go away and I’m not confused.”

“Good bye hyung,” Ji Yong says tiredly as he walks to the entrance and puts on his shoes leaving Seung Hyun in a confused state of mind. Why did he decide to walk away if he admitted to having the same feelings? Just like that when he finally thought he had the love of his life the younger man walked away once again.

………………………………………………………………………………………..

 A week has gone by and Seung Hyun broke his promise, he went to Ji Yong’s concert he would have kept on going just to get a glimpse of him but, if Ji Yong wanted space he was going to give it to him Maybe he came on to him to fast but Seung Hyun had already waited years to be with him. He felt that his life was wasting away with each day he wasn’t with Ji. He figured Ji Yong kicking of his world tour would be a good excuse to see him at a distance. It worked but he was a bit disappointed that Ji Yong didn’t confront him about showing up. If he had been angry or at least annoyed he would know he was still on his mind.

It is another two and a half weeks before they meet again. Not alone though, it was obvious by the look Ji Yong had that he didn’t know that he was going to be there. Daesung invited them both and Young Bae unknowing of what was truly going on but sensing something was wrong. Seung Hyun wouldn’t even look at Ji Yong and as much as Ji Yong tried to look away he couldn’t. He was hurt by Seung Hyun's cold behavior but he knew it was his fault.

Half way through their reunion Bae left and only then did Dae get up and confront them, “I don’t know what happened between you guys but, it’s awkward. If you guys are mad at each other, fix it. I just want everyone to be happy again. I’m sorry guys I have to go. Just fix it!”

With that he left Ji Yong and Seung Hyun drowning in their awkward silence. Seung Hyun got up and bowed to Ji Yong.

“Where are you going?” Ji Yong asked as he stood.

“You asked for two months and not even one has gone by”

Ji Yong didn’t respond he just looked down. He was the one who asked for some distance he was ok until he saw him again. Yes, he missed the guy but only now did he realize how much he really missed him. He was Skinnier, colder, but just as beautiful. He doesn’t want him to leave the pain in his chest returns it’s the same pain he felt the day he left Seung Hyun's house. The same pain he got after he saw that empty part of the closet and realized that maybe he wasn’t good enough to be with Seung Hyun.

 “Goodbye” he replies because he asked for distance and his pride doesn’t allow him to beg like his heart wants him to. Ji Yong watches Seung Hyun's back as he walks away half hoping he would just turn around and come back for him. He isn’t stupid though and he knows his hyung isn’t coming back. He knows that it would have to be him this time; he would have to be the one to go to Seung Hyun, but he isn’t sure he can.

A couple of hours later he finds himself at Seung Hyun's front door. He’s been there for at least five minutes but he can’t bring himself to knock. He in a deep breath, this is it, he’s going to knock. Just as he is, Seung Hyun's deep voice startles him from behind.

“Ji Yong? What are you doing here?” Seung Hyun says in surprise a little regretful when he sees the other man jump at his voice. There is a long silence where Ji Yong just stares at the ground. “How long have you been waiting”

“Um not long” Ji Yong says in a soft tone.

“Come in,” Seung Hyun says once he unlocks the door. He should tell the guy to go away, he should act cold but the look on Ji Yong doesn’t allow him too, “sorry I went to get some stuff”

He stands at the door but  Ji Yong doesn’t step in until he pulls him in. something is telling him not to let him go; not to bring up the fact that Ji Yong asked for distance yet, he is here.  But Seung Hyun's heart and stupid pride wants to know, “so, why are you here if you asked for distance.”

“I-I don’t know I should go I’m sorry.” Ji Yong replies. And if Seung Hyun did not hold him back he would have left.”

“Why are you here?”

“I missed you,” Ji Yong says hoping that that’s enough and the other won’t ask anymore.

Seung Hyun doesn’t need anymore, this is what he wants. It’s only a matter of time before Ji yon realizes that this isn’t any mistake, they are in love.

“I’m going to japan soon for the tour and I figured that would give us enough time to get things cleared out if that’s ok with you.”

Seung Hyun doesn’t fight it he’ll take as much as he can get because he knows what it’s like to be without Ji Yong and this tour is only going to make it more painfully longer.

Seung Hyun smiles and asks if Ji Yong wants a beer because maybe if he’s lucky after watching movies and drinking Ji Yong won’t be sober enough to go home and he’ll stay over.

“Sure” Ji Yong replies with a smile. He takes a seat next to his hyung who just returned with a pack of beer from the fridge. They watch movies and talk never about their feelings. They avoid it because neither of them wants to ruin the moment. The house fills with laughter and Seung Hyun loves it, he loves Ji Yong's laughter, there’s no one who can make his home feel more complete like Ji Yong can.

.

.

.

.

A\N: sorry its been long T-T

    * sorry for the boring chapter too , love you all <3