Acting for a Bigger Audience

People Change and Happens

Ji Yong walked back stage they just finished their encore and his tired but happy. He isn't ready for Jong Hoon to come crashing into him yelling "Yonggie" but, he hugs back when his worn out brain processes it is part of the plan. Not even a minute later. Seungri comes and stares at them with a confused look.

“I heard you were here, did you want to talk to me?"

Jong Hoon gives a small laugh, “no I came to support Yonggie?”

“What do you mean?"

“Come on let's go to the dressing room Jong Hoon." Ji Yong seizes his hand and tugs him.

" you can't leave without explaining to me," Seungri is starting to get irritated, Ji can tell by the way his stare burns into his back as they enter their dressing room.

"I asked you a question," Seungri asks as he lets himself in.

Ji Yong rolls his eyes and smiles, “I owe you no explanation. You could say that Jong Hoon and I are friends."

“Aw, come one Yonggie we're more than that."

Ji Yong sees a flicker of hurt in Seungri’s angry eyes, “I guess the rumors were true then."

“Don’t be too upset Seunggie," Jong Hoon walks to Seungri and places his hand on his shoulder but it is instantly shaken off, “you see, what you did to us brought us closer. We’re just friends ... With benefits."

“Seungri makes his way to Ji Yong and grabs him by the arms," please Ji tell me this isn’t true. Tell me it's a joke that you didn't sleep with anyone but me."

Ji yong has to be strong he can't let the hurt in Seungri’s eyes get to him and make him regret his decision. Ji Yong pries Seungri's hands off himself.

“Why so serious Seungri," Ji says smiling, “it’s no big deal, it's not like I have feelings for him he's just a friend whom I had extremely good with. Don't worry it was when our relationship was bad ... " Ji places his index finger under his chin and lifts his face so that he is looking directly into his eyes, "or was it."

Seungri raises his hand at him, but Ji Yong doesn’t back of he doesn’t even flinch, not after last time. Jong Hoon moves to stand next to him letting him know he has his back; that they are in this together.

“What were you going to do? Hit me, why? It's no big deal, you did it to. "

“Do you expect our relationship to just go on like you didn't cheat?” Seungri shouts as he glares at Ji Yong.

“Why not, wasn't that what you expected from me, when you cheated? Why can't I expect the same from you?”

Seungri looks down wounded by Ji Yong's words. A flicker of guilt goes through Ji Yong because he knows what it feels to be there. He knows what it feels to be cheated on, to feel worthless. But he forgets that guilt rapidly when he remembers who exactly but him through that.  He knows that Seungri needs to feel like he and Jong Hoon did so that he doesn't repeat his actions.

“Don’t worry Seungri I don't expect this relationship to go anywhere. It ends here."

Ji watches as Seungri’s hurt eyes turn to the door and he pauses in his steps. Ji brings his eyes from Seungri to the door to see Seung Hyun in the room along with Dae and Bae. Seungri walks around them and out the room and Ji can only stare back at Seung Hyun who is looking at him with anger. Ji walks to him intending to tell him that everything is made up.

"Hyung," Ji reaches his hand out to touch his shoulder but Seung Hyun backs up before he can touch him. Ji Yong's heart clenches when Seung Hyun disappears behind the door without even turning back.

He screwed up again and he knows it. Seung Hyun must really hate him now. He snaps out of his thoughts when Dae squeezes his shoulder and speaks," me and Bae are going to look for them ok?"

“Ok," Ji manages to respond in a small to get out before they leave.

He turns to see Jong Hoon staring at him.

"I didn't know someone else was involved."

“What?" Ji responds not quite understanding what he means.

“Never mind, I'm sorry it didn't turn out as calmly as we hoped.  If you need me call me maybe, if you're feeling down we can go have fun."

“It’s fine, I need to rest anyways, they'll get over it.”

 Ji heads to his hotel room and he can't help but recall Seung Hyun's angry eyes. Before he knows it tears are running down his face as he undresses. He walks to the bathroom and showers letting his tears mix with the water while he thinks about how pathetic he is. He really hates being this weak. In the end Seungri is right no one loves him and no one will ever. Eventually his tears cease he gets out of the shower and he wipes the fogged up mirror. He stares at himself for a while looking at his red eyes. He finally puts on his boxers and his rope. Just as he is about to lie down he hears loud banging at the door. It can only be a drunken Seungri.

Ji Yong is forcibly pushed against the wall. And for a moment he is scared. He is staring into Seung Hyun’s dark, hurt eyes. But his fear vanishes when Seung Hyun’s eyes soften and he speaks, his breath consisting of the smell of alcohol.

“You’ve been crying why?"

Ji Yong can't answer and he can't look at those eyes.

Drunken Seung Hyun seems to regain his anger, "why! Why did you sleep with him why?"

And Ji can't answer; he can't swallow the lump in his throat.

“Please Ji; tell me you didn’t do it. Did it really happen?”

“y-yes, I’m sorry I slept with Jong Hoon,” Ji tremblingly answers without looking up. It was so much easier lying to Seungri. When it’s Seung Hyun he can’t, that doesn’t mean he isn’t going to try.

“You couldn’t have, I don’t believe you. Tell me the truth,” Seung Hyun pleads as he rests his head on the crook of Ji Yong’s neck. And that’s when Ji realizes that Seung Hyun isn’t mad as a best friend for him or Seungri. That’s when he realizes Seung Hyun is hurting. But it can’t be possible; Seung Hyun doesn’t like him like that. He just wants the truth.

“Yes I-I slept with Jong Hoon,” Ji answers because maybe there the possibility that Seung Hyun is mad as Seungri’s hyung. He’s afraid of what might happen if he answers no. he knows that Seung Hyun will remember at least part of this encounter. If he answers no will Seung Hyun see him as a liar? Will he completely lose his trust? Will he hate him more than he already does?

“Please tell me you didn’t, even if you did, it hurts Ji, it hurts so much. I already had to watch you with one of my best friends. Seung Hyun leans his body against him. Why can’t it be me, I love you. Why can’t you love me back?

Ji’s heart clenches and all he can think about is the slight possibility Seung Hyun loving him too even if he doesn’t mean it, even if he is dreaming. Even if he takes it back again, “I didn’t, I promise I didn’t sleep with him it was a lie.”

Seung Hyun embraces him tightly him. He wishes he could tell if Seung Hyun forgave and believed him but he can’t tell. All he can feel are Seung Hyun’s hands clinching to his bathrobe and Ji brings his own unsteady hands up to hug Seung Hyun.