Spreading Rumors

People Change and Happens

Seung Hyun stands in front of the mirror at the set of the movie. The day after tomorrow he has a concert. He wants to see Ji Yong, He really wants to, but when he does he can't speak. And Seung Hyun knows Ji thinks he is mad or being cold but he isn't. As a friend he feels guilty because at the thought of Ji’s relationship with Seungri being over he can't help but hope that maybe Ji Yong will see his feelings for him.

Seung Hyun's attention is grabbed when Ji Yong's name is mentioned by the two assistants at the corner of the room. He listens closely,

"I swear I heard it from the actor himself, she leans in closer but the talk is still loud enough to hear. Choi's group mate that Kwon Ji Yong kid is gay."

"Ommo," the other replies.

“Yeah turns out he is in a relationship with Choi Jong Hoon. I always thought he was gay I just thought it would be that Seungri kid, now they seem close."

“no it can't be you must of heard wrong, don't go around spreading false rumors unless you want to be fired."

"Hey, I'm just repeating what I heard besides it’s not like I would spread it around and seem like a lying fool to everyone."

Seung Hyun’s heart drops to the floor. It can't be true, as far as he knows Ji Yong has not interacted with Jong Hoon besides the simple hello. But the thought of it being true breaks his heart. He grabs his phone to ask Ji Yong but stops himself when he realizes that he has no right to be jealous or ask for an explanation. After all, even his confession was rejected. The more he thinks about the rumor the more he finds it impossible.

It's before the concert they have a rehearsal and Seung Hyun goes to Ji Yong. He looks at him from afar. He is concentrated his eyebrows creased and Seung Hyun can't help but smile when he sees his bottom lip stick out at a complicated move. Then Ji Yong looks towards him and they lock eyes. Seung Hyun would not be able to look away even if he wanted to. Ji Yong might be bad for his health because each time Seung Hyun looks at Ji in the eyes his breath hitches and his chest hurts. Before, Seung Hyun thought that there as only so much he could take before his heart started collapsing under his love for Ji Yong. Well, he hasn't died yet but, it still hurts. Seung Hyun says he doesn't know then it started but he does. He told Ji Yong he didn't so that he wouldn't have to explain that after Ji called him, when they met again, he fell instantly. It might have been Ji’s light brown eyes or his smile but, Seung Hyun blames it on their shared passion for music and because Ji said he needed him when he wasn't sure he was good enough to be along his side. He blames it on the fact that he didn't give up on him after he was turned down. It really touched Seung Hyun’s heart. It was then that Seung Hyun lost weight; he did it to be with Ji Yong. But Seung Hyun couldn't possibly tell him that.

 

…………………………………………………………….

 

Ji Yong knows Seungri has heard the rumor about him and Jong Hoon. At first Ji Yong doesn't understand why he keeps quiet. But then it dawns on him that maybe he really is trying this time. Or that he thought the rumor was twisted up from being him to Ji. It doesn't matter because in a few days Seungri is going to find out at their concert.

  They rehearse the day before the concert although they have everything perfected. He practices his solo then he feels that prickling on his neck, someone’s watching him he turns and it's Seung Hyun. He is smiling at him but that smile fades when their eyes meet.  Ji Yong can’t tell if his heart beating because of the rehearsal or if it’s because of Seung Hyun’s intense stare. Ji Yong looks away but, he can still feel Seung Hyun’s eyes on him.

When they are done with rehearsal Young Bae stands next to him while Seungri talks on the phone. Daesung talks to Seung Hyun and brings out smiles Ji Yong wishes he could bring out. But he knows he can't after what he did. Somehow Seung Hyun and he are the last ones to leave. Seungri left a short while after talking on the phone. Ji Yong is nervous; he hasn't been alone with Seung Hyun in a long time. And he jumps when his deep voice unexpectedly calls out his name.

He looks at Ji Yong with, a hurt look, no, a pleading look, but then it quickly disappears.

“Never mind,” he says as he walks up to Ji Yong. He hands him a water bottle and ruffles his hair, something he has not done since Ji became group leader. And, before Ji can stop himself, he leans into the touch and closes his eyes. He wishes he could go back to those days when he could look at his hyung normally without having his heart jump at the sound of his voice, without watching everything he does as discreetly as possible, without wishing he was Daesung so he could be normal and have that kind of close relationship. Ji wishes Seung Hyun would smile at him like he used to.

He feels Seung Hyun’s fingers trace down to his cheek and then they are withdrawn and he opens his eyes to see why. Why did he remove his hand?

Just as that question leaves his head Seung Hyun turns around and smiles, but it’s not the smile Ji Yong wanted and it hurts it really hurts. Ji Yong knows he has feelings for Seung Hyun he just wishes they would go away. Maybe then he could stay away. Maybe then he could be normal with his hyung. Ji Yong slowly brings up his hand to his cheek and sighs, he already misses Seung Hyun’s touch, he can’t help it.