Moment

In Between Love

[Note: Hi guys!!! Sorry for the late update... It took me along time to finish just this chapter but I hope you would like it...
ENJOY!!!]
:3




CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
[Moment]



The day went on smoothly. Both Dara and Seunghyun didn't talk about the earlier encounter and she liked it. She knew that Seunghyun would ask later but she didn't want to tell him anything. She planned to finish the work as fast as possible and leave Korea again. She should not let her and Jiyong crossed paths again.

Its dinner time and Dara decided to have dinner with Seunghyun and Daesung. The three of them had reserved in a French Restaurant. She was craving for French cuisine tonight and the guys agreed. They called Minzy to join but she refused since she was still with Ji-Eun and the latter won't let her go. With that, she suddenly missed her friends. They were inseparable before and now she could not even face Chaerin anymore.

"Dara, are you okay?" Daesung held her hand that was on the table.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled at him. He returned the smile and pulled his hand.

Daesung was still the sweet guy she knew. She was very thankful for him especially when he helped her from managing the company up to her personal struggles. She did try her best to direct her feelings to him but she was just lying to herself. She confined it to him and surprisingly he agreed to cancel the engagement and no longer insisted on it. She asked why but he never answered. They remained friends and would still help her like now.

"Yah! You two, I'm here if you have noticed." Seunghyun interrupted.

"You're such a nuisance, hyung." Daesung said while smirking at him.

"I just don't like the two of you being touchy and all. Get a room!" he retaliated and Dara just shook her head.

"Don't tell me you're jealous, hyung?" Daesung was strumming his fingers while looking intently at him. Dara was also waiting for his answer.

The guy seemed nervous but tried his best to conceal it. He was expert at that. "Why should I?"

"Yeah, Dae. Why should he?" Dara just chuckled and was not able to catch Seunghyun's eyes towards her but Dae saw it.

"You'll never know, Dara." Daesung was still staring at him while Seunghyun's gaze was already elsewhere. She just looked at the two confused.

"You two are ganging up on me again, aren't you?" she rolled her eyes. "Jeez, you’re all so nice."

They all laughed. Dinner was served and they were back conversing about business and the dinner went well. Daesung bid good-bye for he had his own car. The two rode silently until they reached Minzy's apartment.

"Goodnight, Dara." he greeted before she opened Minzy's room.

"Goodnight, Tabi." she faced him and he was also in front of his room.

Both of them didn't move and no one spoke a word again. He moved and was about to come near her but she opened the door and went inside. He just sighed and went to his room.

Meanwhile, Dara was still behind the door as she heard Tabi's door closed, that's when she moved to the bathroom to clean herself.

Inside, she looked at the mirror. "You're pathetic." she said at her refection.

A tear fell in her eye. She looked away and went out of the bathroom. She walked to the bed where Minzy was already asleep. She went in and tried to sleep but it was difficult for her. She then felt Minzy moved. She faced her and hugged her.

"Sleep now unnie. Goodnight." she said with eyes still close.

Dara smiled a little. She was thankful that her dongsaeng was there for her.

"Goodnight, Minzy, and thank you." she pulled her closer and succumbed to sleep.




Dara was very busy in her office. She had no time to lose to the point of not taking even a break. Her secretary already reminded her that it's already lunchbreak but she still didn't budge in her office.

"You could get sick of what you're doing, Dara." she looked up and she saw Daesung inside her office.

"I'm fine, Dae. I'm still not hungry." she said and went back to her papers.

"Are you that desperate to leave Seoul?" she stopped reading and faced him. His face reflected anger.

"Yes, I am. I want to get the hell out of this country! I don't want to feel stupid because of my decisions before. I don't want to be reminded of the things from before!" she shouted facing Daesung and tears were already falling. "I don't want to see him with the arms of another." she continued but with a soft voice and she was now helpless and it’s the first time she opened up to him.

No one talked after but her cries were still heard in the room.

He broke the silence. "If you love him so much, why did you leave him and accepted my proposal?" He seemed cool about it but his voice betrayed him.

She looked up to him again. "Because I had to." She wiped her tears but new tears would just replace it.

"I won't ask anymore. I already heard what I needed to know." Dae said. He was about to exit when he heard her again.

"I'm sorry, Dae, and I'm sorry for using you." Well, he already knew about that but it pained more now that it came straight from her.

"I chose to be used so don't take all the blame for it." he said but still on his back. He didn't want her to see his state.

"Still, I'm sorry." she said softly.

He no longer answered and walked out of the door. When he was outside, he was greeted by Chaerin.

"Chaerin, how long have you been here?" he was shock to see her in this very moment. He already knew of some parts of what happened the other night and he was right when Dara's friends will soon seek for her.

"Longer to hear everything." she said with a calm face. This was what he liked about Chaerin but at the same time hated it. She always looked cool to everything even if all were in a mess already.

He heaved a sigh. "I guess no need for me to explain my side. You already heard it." he stepped in the side for her to enter. "Now it's your turn to seek the truth since I could not squeeze it out from her."

He then started to walk when Chaerin called him. "Thanks Dae for being there for her. I was not able to be there for her before."

He smiled and continued his way.

Chaerin inhaled deep first before coming inside.



Chaerin saw Dara facing her window behind her table. The latter was not able to feel her coming inside. She was just silent and just observed her. Dara was on her deep thoughts and she kept on sighing.

"That's like the 10th time you sigh ever since I got here." CL no longer kept her silence.

Dara swiftly turned around and was shock to see her bestfriend in the office.

"H-how d-did you get in?" she paled seeing her.

"Through the door of course, dork." CL said then helped herself inside the room. She sat down on the couch and she was looking at Dara with an unreadable expression.

"I know that. I'm not stupid, Ms. Know-it-all." Dara retaliated and made a face.

Chaerin suddenly burst out laughing that confused her. "Yah! What are you laughing at?!"

Chaerin tried to suppress her laugh but she failed miserably.

"Gosh! You just went here to laugh at me? Fine! Suit yourself." Dara turned back and would step outside when two arms suddenly wrapped around her shoulder.

Chaerin was hugging her on the back. "Pabo!" Dara reacted on this and was about to wiggle herself out when she heard her again. "I missed you so much, Dara-yah. I missed my very bestfriend."

And with that, the tears that were already dried up started to fall again with that simple gesture. Dara hold unto CL's arms on her shoulder tightly and bowed down.

"I'm sorry CL-roo... I missed you, too... so much." and for the first time, she heard the toughest girl she knew cried her eyes out. She tried to face her but CL stopped her.

"No, I don't want you to see me like this. I'm the tough one, remember?" Chaerin said while still crying behind her. Dara nodded and just let her.

After a moment of endless crying, Chaerin cleared and was still on Dara's back, she finally asked the question. "What happened three years ago, Dara? Please tell me."

Dara knows that this time would come and unfortunately, she's still not ready to say it and besides, she promised Bom to keep it a secret.

She finally faced Chaerin and held her hands. "CL, I won't answer that question but rest assured, I will not go without telling you again."

Chaerin let out a chuckle and shook her head. "Still as stubborn as ever. You do know, everything will be revealed in time and even if you won't tell me now, someone will."

"Don't dig up anymore. It's best left hidden." Dara said while looking away from Chaerin.

"I'm not just concern about you, Dara. I'm also worried about my cousin. Even if he won't say it anymore, he is still hurt from your decision before. I know you saw him already and by the looks of it, it was not a good reunion. I don't want to see two of my favorite people to get hurt." Chaerin had all the answers before but this certain problem was out of reach for her.

Dara didn't comment of what she said. She sat on the couch and covered her face. "I still love him, CL. God, I want to go back to the time that we're happy but I just can't." She started crying again.

Chaerin sat next to her and hugged her on the side. "Then tell him that before it's too late."

"I can't Chaerin. I just can't." she sobbed more. Chaerin was already itching to slap Dara for her to realize how wrong she was.

What's stopping her? Why is it so difficult for her to follow her heart? Who or what made her like this? Those were the questions that been running to Chaerin's mind.

"If you won't tell me, then I have to find ways." Chaerin stood up leaving Dara still crying on her office.

"Why did I ever come back?" Dara regretfully asked.





Dara was already exhausted and it was still afternoon. The confrontation between her, Dae and with Chaerin plus the earlier talk with Bom sapped all her energy and another one would make her lose consciousness. So before all that happens, she already decided to go home. She didn't bother to call up Seunghyun to send her home for she didn't want to bother him on he's meeting. She just asked her secretary to fetch her a cab.

"Minah, just update me of the meeting. I'm sorry if I have to leave early." Dara said to her secretary.

"No, it’s okay, Ms. Dara. You should need some rest since you looked pale already." Dara nodded and went in the cab.

"Where to, ma'am?" the driver asked.

She was contemplating if she would go back to Minzy's apartment but if she wanted to fully take a rest without someone to bother her, she needed to be alone for a moment.

She took her address in her bag and passed it to him. "Take me here."

That's right, she could take a rest to her house. Her memories with her mom were no longer a burden to her. She long had forgiven her mom in leaving her without telling her of the situation. She already knew the sacrifices her mom took just to leave her with everything. She was very thankful for her mom and it took her years to realize that.

Soon after, the cab stopped in front of her house.


"Ms. Sandara?" a man on his 50's greeted her when she rang the door. It's funny that she didn't have a key on her own house.

"Hi Mr. Choi!" she smiled after seeing him. "I miss you!" the old man was caught by surprise when she suddenly launched herself to him without warning.

"Ms. Sandara, it's really you!" he hugged back. She missed the old man so much. He became her father figure ever since her dad died.

"Yes, I am." she was already on tears when she pulled back. "You still look dashing as ever."

The old man was also in tears. "Thank you but you became like your mom- very pretty."

"Thank you, Mr. Choi." she wiped the tears on her cheeks and so was he.

"Are you gonna stay? I'll cook your favorites." he asked while assisting her to go inside.

The house was still the same and she liked it. It brought back memories.

"Yes, I am. Thank you for that. I'll just be staying in my room, Mr. Choi." she said and started her tracks to her room.

"Okay, I'll just call you when dinner's ready." he said and went to the kitchen.

She went inside in her room and just like the other parts of the house, her room was left untouched. She finally felt at home.

She sent a message to Minzy, Dae, and Tabi where she was for them not to get worried. After that, she went on a shower and straight to bed.

Because of today's event, within a second her body touched the mattress, she already fell asleep.



Dara woke up and found that it was already dark outside her window. She glanced at her clock and it was already nine o'clock! She remembered that Mr. Choi would cook her dinner but wondered why he didn't wake her up when she told him to.

Lazily, she stood up from her bed and went out of her room. The whole house was already dark and she assumed that Mr. Choi was already asleep on his quarter. She was kinda thirsty so she decided to go down the kitchen. She didn't mind to turn on the lights since she may wake up the old butler.

She was finished drinking when she realized that there were still foods on the dining table. Mr. Choi must had assumed that she will wake up when she gets hungry.

She was not that hungry but it would be rude not to eat what was prepared for her. She pre-heated the food then went back to the table with only a candle she lit on as light of the room.

'Candle light dinner... hehehe... The only missing is my date. Where could he be?' she chuckled with the thought. It's been a while since she joked to herself. She usually did it before and her friends would usually scold her for that since she looked crazy.

Remembering her friends brought back pain again in her heart. She missed them so much even when Bom said she hated her. She still could reminisce the fun times with them especially when they were still younger.

She could no longer swallow the foods. It was such a waste on Mr. Choi's efforts to make dinner and to think it was her favorite. So, to make it up, she cleaned the table and did the dishes. She was used to it already when she was in Paris.

After she did the dishes and put the remaining foods in the fridge, she went back to her room. She was able to rest for a long time so she was no longer sleepy.

"Now, what to do?" This what she hated. Doing nothing meant thinking a lot and thinking would only lead to another batch of pain for her. So before she could think, she got her phone to check her messages.

There were a lot of missed calls from Tabi and Minzy. Daesung only messaged her to take care. There were a lot of updates from her secretary and she didn't bother to call since there were no problems. Chaerin also sent a text telling her to meet up tomorrow. She replied yes and the place. There was an unknown message and her heart suddenly beat fast.

'Could it be?' She shook her head for its impossible.

She opened the message but it was only blank. It got her curious and since she's not doing anything, she sent in a message.

[Who's this?] She waited for the reply but it was already five minutes but there's none. 'Maybe it was a wrong send.'

She was about to put her phone on the table when her phone rang. It's the unknown number.

"Hello?" she answered after the continuous ringing.

No one answered on the other line.

"Hello? Who's this?" she asked but only the breathing of the other line that could be heard.

"I'm sorry but if you won't speak, I'll just put this down." she threatened but her phone was still on her ear.

She waited for a minute but still no answer. 'Gosh, I'm getting pissed already.' So she dropped the call.

She was thinking again of what to do when her phone rang again and it's the same caller.

"Hello?" she answered again and still nothing. She was slowly losing her patience so she ended the call again.

"What's up with this prank caller?! If they don't have anything better to do, do something else to themselves and not bother other people!" That didn't turn out good but she didn't care. She was already pissed that she shouted her heart out.

"Ms. Dara?" She wide-eyed when she heard Mr. Choi outside her door.

Great, she had woken up the old man. Did she really have to shout like that?

She opened the door and she was greeted by the old man's worried face.

"Are you okay, Ms. Dara?" he asked as if in panic.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Choi, for the noise. I was not thinking straight. I'm sorry for bothering your sleep." She bowed down to say sorry.

Mr. Choi felt relieved that nothing happened t her young mistress. "I was so worried when you suddenly shouted from up here. I thought someone barged in your room."

"I'm sorry again, Mr. Choi." she kept on bowing to him.

He smiled at her. He's happy that his young mistress was still the same. "Have you eaten your dinner, Ms. Dara? I called on your room but you didn’t answer me so I thought you were really tired so I just let you be."

"I’m sorry about that. Yes, I’m done. I didn't bother you so I took the liberty of rummaging the kitchen." she smiled at him.

"You should have woken me up to help you in the kitchen." he said bowing.

"No, Mr. Choi, it's okay. I was used to doing those stuffs back in Paris so no need to help me and besides, I know you're tired form the whole day's work." she held his hands.

"It's my pleasure to serve you, Ms. Dara." he looked up again and smiled at her. He was really like her father and she's glad that he never got tired of serving her and her mom before.

He was about to walk away when she called him. "Thank you for the food. I loved it." he smiled again and bowed before going down.

She was still smiling when she closed the door but soon faded when her phone rang again. Her temper rose again.

"Yah! Will you please stop bothering me!" she shouted even without looking who's the caller.

"Dara?" it was Seunghyun.

"Tabi? Oh my gosh! I'm sorry for shouting at you. I thought you're a prank caller." she said and lowered her voice.

"Prank caller?" he asked.

"Yes, someone kept on calling me yet he won't speak when I answered it. It irritated me." she heard him sigh.

"Yah! What's with the sigh?" she asked.

"Yah! Why aren't you answering my call earlier? It got me worried that if Daesung didn't stop me, I was about to go there!" his voice was so loud that she put away the phone from her ears.

"Do you have to shout?!" I asked shouting.

"You started it!" still shouting.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I fell asleep and when I woke up, it's already 9PM and went straight to the kitchen. I only checked my phone after that." I explained.

"Oh, okay. Are you safe there? Should I come over there?" his voice sound worried. "Ouch!" she heard him and she can also hear Minzy's voice in the background.

"Yes, it's my house Seunghyun, nothing bad will happen to me here." Dara answered with amusement.

"But still, no one's safe even on their own houses nowadays." he kept on insisting and earned another slap from Minzy.

"Oppa! It will be a danger if you're there." she heard Minzy said.

"Yah! I'm no lunatic, kid!" he told Minzy.

She was laughing to herself now because of the two.

"Unnie, just take care of yourself there. I'll tie down oppa as to not bother you anymore." Minzy said.

"Yah!" Seunghyun shouted at Minzy. She just chuckled at them.

"Bye unnie." Minzy's voice was now clear. She got the phone from Tabi because she could hear the two bickering on the other line.

"Yah! Who said to say goodbye?" Tabi asked in the background but was then cut off by Minzy.

She was glad for Minzy understood her need to think by herself. She was still active that she decided to get out for a while in her veranda to breathe some fresh air. She unconsciously brought with her the phone that she got startled when it rang again.

"Hello?" The moment she answered, a strong wind passed by that made her shiver. 'I should have brought my blanket.'

She was about to turn around when she heard his voice. "Where are you going?"

She froze and turned around but there's no one behind her and that's when she realized that her phone was still on her ears.

"J-Jiyong?" coldness forgotten and was replaced by her heart racing.

She heard silence again. She looked at her screen and it's still on. She was not hallucinating for she really heard his voice.

"Ji?" she asked again but there's none again.

She sighed and was about to go in again when she heard him again. "Don't."

She was now certain he was only nearby and he could see her. She didn't turn around but was stayed glued on her spot.

"Ji..." I said in whisper. She stayed there for God knew how long when she suddenly felt two arms circling on her waist.

She held her breath for she smelled his familiar scent. Jiyong buried his face on her hair and smelled her scent as well. She was like a stone for she could not move a bit.

They stayed like that for a long time and no one seemed like to move.

"Ji-". She started but he hushed her.

"Just stay like this...please..." he said in a husky voice.

She should say no, stop him from doing anything more, for this was all wrong but she's a fool if she say she didn't like it for at this very moment she wanted time to stop. She wanted to forget the promise she had with Bom and the thought of him hating her. She wanted to be true to herself more than anything. She loves this man so much that she felt like dying when she left her.

Her hand moved and put it over Jiyong's hands on her waist not to pull away but held it like the way he was holding her.

"I'm so sorry..." she said for the nth time but it was the first time to him.

She felt him tighten her hold on her but she didn't complain. His face was now buried on her neck and she had to tilt her head on the side to give him space.

"Ji?" she turned to him and he let her be. They were now facing each other. Jiyong's hands were still on her waist. She hesitated on cupping his face and she did in the end.

Their eyes met and unlike the night before, his eyes were gentle and in longing. Tears were welling up again on her eyes. She saw him moved down to her face and soon after she felt his lips on hers. Her eyes closed and at the same time tears rolled down to her cheeks.

He felt her tears and pulled away. Her eyes were still close. He wiped the tears on her cheeks and she slowly opened her eyes. How he missed her so much. No matter how hard he tried to hate her, he could not still do it and just seeing her like this made him want to hug her tight and never let her go. He didn't care if she loves someone else. He'll see to it that she'll love him again just like before.

"I miss you so much, butterfly." he whispered to her.

And again, tears flooded her eyes and with that he leaned on again for another deep kiss. This was the time for them not to think of anything. This is the moment for them to forget the things outside this room. The promises, the people involved, and the circumstances should be put to the side for a moment. Let them face the problems tomorrow for tonight, it's all about them.



 


~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~
Hi guys!!!
Thank you for reading and I hope you like it...
:03

Shout out to all my readers
and those who do comment every update...
I'm so grateful for it!!!


Thanks for the love and support!!!
:mikadance:


Please do comment...
:izzaemo: