Remorse

In Between Love
[Note: First, this is just a short chapter but it took me long to finish it... I will say sorry in advance of the typos and grammars... Also, I may not be able to capture the right emotions of the character... I'm very sorry... Hope you would enjoy this...]





CHAPTER NINE
[Remorse]



I didn’t know how I managed to take Bom home. I was not on my mind even when I put Bom on her bed. She immediately slept but still holding my hand tightly. She begged me not to tell this to anyone even to her parents. I did refuse for what happened to her was inhumane but she even wept more than before. I kept on asking reasons why she won't but she just shook her head hard.

I looked at my friend again. I could already hear her steady breathing but I could still feel her occasional squeeze on my hand. I sighed deeply. I remembered I hadn't called Jiyong yet. I fished out my phone on my bag and there were a lot of missed calls and SMS from him. My other hand was still with Bom but I was able to press Jiyong's number.

With only one ring, Jiyong quickly answered. "Oh God! I was so worried! What happened? Where are you now?"

I smiled at his reaction. "I'm in Bom's place now. Something just happened that's why she needed me there. You don't need to worry that much. E-everything's fine here." I know my voice cracked. I hoped he didn't notice it.

I heard him sigh. Uh-oh... "I understand that you won't tell me anything. Just remember that I'll always be here for you even for Bom or Chaerin, okay?"

A tear dropped on my cheek and sobbed gently. I tried to suppress the sound but knowing Jiyong, he could easily read everything about me. "Sshh baby...Be strong, okay? You can fight this. I know you can." I was still sobbing endlessly. "Sshh Baby... Come on now... Do you want me to come there?"

I was about to say yes but my gaze went to Bom's sleeping form. As much as I want to be beside him now, Bom won't like it if someone sees her like this. "No, I'm alright now. Thank you so much, Ji."

"All for you, baby. Just call me if you're at home later, okay?" he said.

"Okay though I'm not sure if I could go home later." I looked at Bom when she jerked a little bit.

"I understand. Get some enough rest, okay?" There goes her father.

"Yeah appa!" I heard him laughed.

"Seriously baby. Take care, okay? I love you." Seriously, even though he's been saying that for couple of time already, my heart still skips a beat hearing him say that.

"I love you too, Ji. Bye..." I hanged up. I was all smile when I heard someone clearing its throat. I looked up from where I seated and saw Bom gawking at me. Gosh! She heard me.

"H-how l-long have you been awake?" I knew there's bright crimson red on my cheeks. I fanned myself and realized I could use both of my hands now.

She smiled a bit then turned her gaze up to the ceiling of her room.

"Dara, don't let anyone know about what happened today." her face was blank when saying this.

"Bommie, we should inform this to the police so that ba$tard will pay for this." I kneeled on the floor and faced her.

She took a glance at me with the same face. "Dara, if this thing leaks out, it's not just him who will suffer but me as well. Also, my family will be devastated with the scandal. I can't do that to them."

Tears were already streaming on my eyes again. "And you will choose to shut up and let him loose out there and maybe he will do the same to others?!" my fist balled picturing the guy in my mind.

She smiled bitterly. "Dara, the reason he did this was because he can't get you."

My sob stopped and looked at her shockingly. "What?" I heard myself asking.

She stared for a second then went back to the ceiling. "Nick loves you and not me. He is always been in love with you."

I was frozen on spot. I could not utter a single word and just stared at my best friend.

"Well, he once loved me but because of my constant rejection he gave up. That's where you came up. He felt a chance with me with your help but as time passes, his feelings directed to you. The clueless you are, didn't have any idea. He too was in denial but later on he acknowledged it but was too late. You already have Jiyong." I saw her smiled bitterly again upon mentioning Jiyong's name.

I backed away from the bed and slumped myself on the floor. "You like Jiyong?" It was not a question but more of a statement.

That's when her tears fell. "The first time I saw him." I heard her say. I went farther away until I felt the wall on my back.

"Nick saw that I have feelings with Jiyong so he asked me for alliance. I was blinded by my feelings that I tend to agree with him." I don't know how much strength and courage to still hearing this story but I still could not move so I had no choice but to continue listening.

"Do you know how much I hated you?" that snapped me from my little misery and glanced at her. She was still on her position but her eyes read anger and hate. 'Bom hated me? Why?'

"Why?" I managed to ask despite the heavy feeling in my heart.

"Because you already have everything. Money, beauty, intelligence, friends, heck! Even my parents." she bitterly chuckled. "And now love."

"Bommie, what are you talking about? I didn't steal your parents from you?" I stood up from my location but I felt my knees will squirm any time soon.

"You might think you didn't but you did. My parents kept on comparing me to you ever since we're young. Dara this, Dara that, you should be more like Dara. I'm already sick of it!" her fist balled tightly. I, on the other hand, could not digest the revelation.

"Bom, you're my best friend..." I said to her but more like convincing myself.

She smirked. "Yes, we were. As time passes, I no longer felt it. When your mother died, everything changed. I saw the obvious biasness from my mom's treatment. You're the only one she sees." she laughed again. "I even think that you're her daughter than me." Finally, she looked at me but I wish she didn't because I could not take the piercing look she gave.

"I'm sorry Bom... I-I didn't know you felt that on me. After my mom died, auntie became like a mom to me. It didn't occur to me that you were already hurting..." I looked away from her and tears were again falling. In my life, I had never thought of hurting the people I love but unconsciously, I was already doing it. How selfish I was!

Still sobbing, I was able to reach her and kneeled in front of her. I took her hands while she was looking away from me. "Bommie, what should I do to correct this? I'll do anything just to bring back the friendship we had? I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose anyone again."

"And you want me to lose someone instead?" she snapped back her gaze on me and this time sat down facing me with a glare.

"No, Bom! It's not like that!" I tried to hold on to her but she kept on slapping it away.

"Get out!" she shouted and pointed at the door.

"Bom, no! Please!!!" I begged her.

"I said GET OUT! I rather choose being alone than have you! GET OUT!" her eyes said it all. There was too much hatred that I found it scary. I stood up and went to the door.

Before getting out, I looked back at her. "Bommie-ah, I'll do everything for us to be friends again."

"Then bring back everything you stole from me." she said without looking at me.

"How?" I asked though in my heart I may not going to take it.

"Give me Jiyong." This time she looked at me and I could now see her begging. "Please Dara... Give him to me and I'll forget everything. We will be back like the old days." she leaned forward on her bed and held on to the side of it. "Please Dara...Please..." she was crying again.

I should have not asked. I should have just shut my mouth and walked out of the door and leave everything to mend itself. But would it really mend itself? Now I'm feeling more remorseful than ever will. Now, I have to choose and choosing was the last thing I wanted. I never wanted to be torn between love and friendship. That's the reason why I never let myself get attracted to any of my friends’ suitors or boyfriends because I don't want to choose. But it all boils down to this. My best friend for ever since I could remember but secretly hated me or my boyfriend whom I just dated for a week but been my stalker for a year and secretly loving me all this time. What to choose? Friendship or love?

Bom was still sobbing and looking at her pitiful state made me want to pounder myself to even have to think. I crossed the distance between the two of us and caressed her cheeks. I cleared her hair curtaining her face and cleaned her messy mascara. Tears were falling again on my eyes but I still looked at her straightly. "Just give me three days. Three days, Bom, only three days." I have decided and I know I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life but I have to do this.

She nodded and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, Dara." she said in a soft voice.

'I'm sorry Jiyong...' I thought as more tears ran down my face.


 

~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~
Don't kill me!!! =((
I love Bom but I want her to have another role...
This will be the start of their struggles...
What will Dara do with the three days deadline?
How will Jiyong react to this??
Where is Chaerin when you needed her the most?? Aishh...

Please do comment!!!
Thanks for reading!!!
:3