Chapter 7

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8VGsE4ijA K.will-Girl meets love

"Oppa, what are you doing back in Korea?" I asked as he smiled. 
 
"What? Can I not come back?" he asked as I giggled. 
 
"Jonghwan-ah, why didn't you call ahead of time? I would've prepared your favorite food," my grandmother said with a warm smile. 
 
"I wanted to surprise you all, so I came," he said. I smiled and hugged him again. "I've miss you all."
 
"We missed you too," I said and hugged him tighter. 
 
"Are you alone or are your parents here as well?" my grandmother asked. 
 
"My parents are here too. We're officially moving back," he said with a smile. 
 
"Hyung, you should come and color with me," Youngjin said from the coffee table. Jonghwan and I went and colored with him when Jonghwan brought up my trainee life. 
 
"It's harder than I'd expected it to be, but I chose this path so I have to deal with it," I said as he ruffled my hair. 
 
"I'm glad to hear that you finally achieved your dream as a singer," he said with a smile. 
 
"Well technically not yet. I'm just a trainee," I said and continued coloring my princess picture. 
 
"Hyung are you going to be sleeping over?" Youngjin asked as we both exchanged looks. 
 
"Youngjin, he can't sleep over. He has to go back home to his mommy and daddy," I said as Youngjin pouted. 
 
"It's fine Mary," Jonghwan said and looked to Youngjin. "I'll sleep over for the night. As long as I'm sleeping with my favorite buddy in the whole entire world."
 
"Yes!" Youngjin shouted and ran to his room and shouted, "I'll fix my bed for you!"
 
We both giggled and looked at each other. 
 
"You don't mind me sleeping over right?" he asked as I shook my head, saying it was fine with me. Youngjin usually sleeps with my grandmother, but tonight it'll just be the two of them while my grandmother slept with me. 
 
"Mary, do you mind checking up on the two?" she asked as I nodded and scooted out of the bed. I went into the room next door and slowly opened the door to see the night light on. I saw Jonghwan reading to Youngjin, which gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I smiled and saw Youngjin with closed eyes while Jonghwan continued reading. He saw me and gave me a soft, warm smile. I walked up to them and helped him tuck Youngjin in. 
 
"Let's go talk outside," Jonghwan whispered and kissed Youngjin's forehead as I did too and followed behind. We sat in the little dining room and drunk warm milk. 
 
"Ever since you left, Youngjin's been less active," I said as he felt a bit guilty. "But it didn't take him long to be his normal self again."
 
"That's good," he softly said and twirled his spoon in his drink. "How've you been?"
 
"Well you should know by now," I said. We sat in silence and silently drunk our milk. 
 
"Who was the guy with you?" he then asked breaking the ice. 
 
"Oh, Daehyun? He's a label mate," I replied as he nodded. "He's a really good friend."
 
"He seems like a nice guy," he replied with a faint smile. We talked for another hour or so when I thought it was time for me to sleep, since I'd be waking up early for training. 
 
"Goodnight oppa," I said with a soft smile. I twisted the door knob when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him as he leaned down. 
 
"Goodnight Mary," he said and kissed my cheek, which caught me by surprise. "I'll see you in the morning."
 
He went into Youngjin's room as I stood there, frozen. I gently touched the spot he kissed me and felt my face heat up. I smiled and went into my room, sliding into my bed and fell asleep. 
 
---NEXT DAY---
 
I woke up an hour early, hoping to not be late this time. I made myself some breakfast when I heard Youngjin's door open. I turned around to see a half asleep Jonghwan with Youngjin by his side. 
 
"Why are you two up so early?" I asked, surprised. 
 
"We promised each other that we'd see you off," Youngjin said with a tired, raspy voice. Jonghwan nodded and they both headed into the bathroom together as I giggled and shook my head at them. I cooked some more food for them and we began eating together. 
 
"Noona, will Daehyun hyung be at the bus stop today?" Youngjin asked. 
 
"I don't know, most likely he will," I said with a smile and brushed his hair back. I looked at my watch and got up, "Well we should get going."
 
I quickly washed the dishes and we headed out to the bus stop. I saw a familiar figure up ahead and knew it was Daehyun. 
 
"Daehyun hyung~!" Youngjin shouted and ran to him. He picked him up and began tickling him. Jonghwan and I made our way up to them and Daehyun set him down. 
 
"Hey, I'm Jonghwan," he said with a wave. 
 
"I-I'm Daehyun," he said and politely bowed. The atmosphere was a bit awkward as silence took over. 
 
"Daehyun hyung, when will we draw together again?" Youngjin asked as Daehyun bent down to his level. 
 
"Whenever you want to then I'd be more than happy to draw with you again," he said with his perfect smile. It wasn't long before the bus came and we both got on. 
 
"Bye noona and Daehyun hyung!" Youngjin shouted with a wave. Jonghwan just waved with a smile and the bus drove off. I was sitting next to Daehyun and we chatted for a bit. 
 
"Is that your childhood friend Jonghwan?" he asked as I nodded. "He seems like a nice guy."
 
"That's ironic because he said the exact same thing about you," I said as he chuckled. Soon we reached our stop and headed up to the practice room. 
 
"Okay guys we have a mission for these next 2 weeks," Jay said, clapping his hands together. We all turned our attentions to him as he continued. "These next two weeks we'll be composing our own songs-"
 
"Tch, this will be easy," Yongguk said as Jay smirked. 
 
"That's why you'll be working alone since we have an odd number," he said as Yongguk mentally whined to himself. "We will have a pairing of opposite genders and I've already partnered you up."
 
He took out a clip board and flipped through the pages. "Youngjae and Jihye are together. Himchan and Hana, Jongup and Eunmi. Hyemi and Zelo. Last, but not least Daehyun and Mary."
 
I honestly wasn't surprised I was with Daehyun as he looked like he shared the same feelings. "Again, you will be given 2 weeks to come up with self-composed lyrics."
 
"This should be easy," Daehyun mouthed as he was on the other side of me. 
 
"Oh and as for the two people who always show up late, this will be your punishment. You two will have to compose lyrics and music to go along with it. Not only that, but if its a dance song then you're gonna have to make up a routine. If it's a ballad, then sing your heart out and also you two will be performing for the TS Entertainment anniversary dinner," he said with a smirk. 
 
"BWOH?!" Daehyun and I yelled with wide eyes. This is so not going to be easy!