Chapter 4

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BHf4co19YM

It was the weekend and I had training to go to. I began packing my duffle bag when my grandmother handed me Youngjin's angry bird backpack. 
 
"There was a change of shift, so I have to go to work. You don't mind taking Youngjin with you right?" she asked with a tired look. 
 
"Yeah, that's fine with me, but don't you think you're working too hard? You look tired and you only had 3 hours of sleep," I said concerned.
 
"Don't worry about me and just take care of him," she said and grabbed  her lunch bag. 
 
"If you need to rest then rest!" I shouted out to her as she walked out the door. I went into Youngjin's room and woke him up since training was starting early. "Get up kiddo and let's get going."
 
"Where are we going?" he asked as I picked out his clothes. 
 
"Just get up, I don't want to be late today," I said. Once I packed his bag, we headed out to the bus stop and saw Daehyun up ahead. I felt my heart race nervously as we approached him. He was listening to his music, so he didn't notice us there. The bus came and we got on, sitting in front of him. 
 
"Mary?" he asked. I didn't turn around until Youngjin tugged my sleeve. 
 
"He's talking to you," he said as I face-palmed myself. 
 
"You take this bus route too?" Daehyun asked as I turned to face him and nodded. His smile was just so perfect. 
 
"Noona, is he your boyfriend?" Youngjin asked as I covered his mouth. He was muffling under my hand when it got sweaty, so I pulled it away. "I thought you and Jonghwan hyung were dating."
 
"Youngjin-ah, I'm not dating any of the two. Daehyun here is a label mate and Jonghwan is just my close, childhood friend," I explained as I heard Daehyun chuckle. This guy is so weird. I fixed Youngjin's hair and held his hand once the bus came to our stop. We got off and entered the building. 
 
"Why are you bringing a child here?" Daehyun asked once we got in the elevator. 
 
"This child happens to be my brother and he's here because there's no one home to watch him," I said. We stopped at the second level and more trainees entered the elevator, so I was pretty much pressed against Daehyun. I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. I held onto Youngjin's hand tighter, not wanting to lose him and because I was so nervous being so close to Daehyun. 
 
"Noona, you're hurting me," Youngjin whispered as I loosened my grip and apologized. Once it reached the 4th floor, we exited and boy was it hard to push through all those people. 
 
"Finally," I said once I was out and walked away when I noticed I left empty handed. "Oh no, where's Youngjin?"
 
I looked around me then looked to the elevator as it closed, only seeing a bit of Youngjin. I bit my bottom lip and ran to the stairs. I noticed that Daehyun didn't follow behind either, so he had to be with Youngjin. After running down the flight of stairs, I reached the lobby and searched for them. I looked at the little cafe to see Daehyun and Youngjin coming out, holding hands. I ran to him an immediately hugged him. 
 
"I was scared for awhile," I said as I held him tight. 
 
"It's fine noona, at least Daehyun hyung was with me," he said as I looked up at him. "He even bought me a brownie."
 
I got up and fixed my wrinkled shirt before thanking him. 
 
"Let's get going before we get a little scolding from Jay," Daehyun said with a smile and grabbed Youngjin's hand, walking off. I followed behind and took an empty elevator up. Once we entered the room, all eyes were set on us. 
 
"Why are you two always the late ones?" Jay asked with an eyebrow raised while crossing his arms. I bowed and apologized as Daehyun just stood there looking all cool. 
 
"Unnie, is that your brother?" Hyemi asked as I nodded. "KYA~~ he's adorable!"
 
All the girls were all over Youngjin as he blushed. I warmed up on my own when I could feel his eyes on me. Seriously, what is up with this kid?
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
I watched Mary stretch when Youngjae poked my side. 
 
"He's not your child is he?" he asked as I scoffed at him in disbelief. "You two looked so good together, like a happy family."
 
"Shut up will you," I said and gently punched his arm. I guess I punched harder than I thought when he shouted, "Oww!!"
 
It wasn't long before training started and of course Jay being bias, he had ladies go first. I looked to Youngjin as he had a little coloring book with him, so I decided to join him since it looked pretty entertaining. 
 
"What are you coloring there?" I asked as he pretty much scribbled the whole page. 
 
"Angry birds," he said as he colored the book on his lap. I took the book from him and grabbed his hand, lifting him off the chair. I went into the recording studio, which was just next door and set the book on a table. I picked him up and set him on a chair, sitting down next to him. 
 
"Can I draw with you?" I asked as he nodded and handed me his bag of coloring pencils. "Which picture should I color?"
 
"This one," he said and pointed to a picture of the red bird, flying to hit the chubby pigs. "Make it look good."
 
I smiled and began coloring when a name popped up in my head. "So Youngjin, who's Jonghwan?"
 
"Jonghwan hyung?" he asked as I nodded. "He's noona's boyfriend."
 
"Is he really?" I asked as he nodded. "But in the bus she said he was just a close friend."
 
"I don't know then, but hyung always bought noona whatever she wanted. She always hated it though, but he didn't care. He was always there for her when she was always sad," Youngjin explained as I had stopped coloring to hear what he had to say. 
 
"Where is he now?" I asked as he stopped and tapped the blue color pencil on his chin. 
 
"He's in New York, I think. I don't know," he replied and continued to draw. 
 
"Does she have any other childhood friend? Another boy?" I then asked as he shook his head. "She never talks about another boy she met long ago?"
 
"I only know Jonghwan hyung," he said as I felt a little bit of disappointment in me. "Oh wait~ there was this boy she talked about. He gave her the necklace she has now, he's also the reason she wanted to become a singer."
 
I felt my heart lift and my face light up, "Does she know who he is?"
 
"Uh.....she doesn't remember him and his name. She said they only met for a day, so she doesn't remember," he said and handed me his picture he colored. "Do you like my coloring?"
 
"I love it! It's better than mine," I said and ruffled his hair. 
 
"You didn't even color the bird right! It's red not pink!" he scolded as I laughed at him. "You have to use red!"
 
He handed me a red color pencil and I began coloring as he did too. He then began humming to a familiar tune and soon then I followed along. 
 
"Hyung, you know the song too?" he asked as I nodded. "Noona would always sing me this song, but I never got the title of it."
 
"There is no title to it, yet," I said and smiled widely to myself. She still remembers the song we both made.
 
"Hey, it's our turn. Lets go," Yongguk said coming into the studio. Mary stood at the doorway as Yongguk left the room. She looked so exhausted, but that's how training is. 
 
"Thanks for watching him," she said with a smile and sat down next to Youngjin. 
 
"Noona, look what I colored," he said and showed her his picture. 
 
"It's beautiful," she said and ruffled his hair. I smiled at their interaction and headed out the door to the practice room. 
 
"You trying to get close to her little brother, so you can get closer to her?" Youngjae asked as if I was using Youngjin. I chuckled at him while shaking my head and practice began.