Chapter 11

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nHLrXuzmE Juniel-Illa Illa

Fall had finally come, but the sun was still out and shining brightly. I headed to practice with Youngjin as we saw Daehyun about to walk in. 
 
"Daehyun oppa!" I shouted his name as he stopped and turned around to see who had called his name. I shouted his name again and waved as he saw me and waved back. Youngjin slipped out of my hand and ran to him as I took my time to get to them. 
 
"You brought Youngjin back," he said while playing with his hair. "Did you bring any coloring books today?" 
 
"Hyung, I brought many books today~" Youngjin replied and was going to show him, but I stopped him since it would've been too much work to take all the books out when Daehyun was holding him. 
 
"Let's go inside. Don't wanna be late," I said and we walked in the building. Entering the practice room, everyone was heading out. 
 
"What's going on?" Daehyun asked as Yongguk was the closest to him. 
 
"Jay let us have the week off," he replied while packing his stuff up. 
 
"But Zelo invited us to his school festival, so we're going there," Jongup said with his adorable smile. 
 
"A festival?!" Youngjin exclaimed while squirming in Daehyun's arms. Hana took Youngjin from Daehyun and kissed his cheeks. 
 
"Yes a festival. You wanna come?" she asked as he nodded and so they went out the door as I went with the flow and followed along with Daehyun. 
 
"What's the theme for the festival?" I asked Zelo as he titled his head to think. 
 
"Uh, coffee house?" he said a bit unsure as I laughed. "It'll be fun though."
 
"I know, I've attended all my school festivals," I said and we took 2 separate vans there. Once we arrived at his school we were greeted by the students and the teachers there. They were wearing some colorful, funky clothing that didn't look that appealing, but it's a school festival, it's supposed to be this way.
 
"Noona, I want to win a fish," Youngjin said tugging at my sleeves. 
 
"This noona will take you," Hana said and he happily went with her. I was with the others as they slowly, one by one went their own ways. I was pretty much stuck alone with Daehyun. 
 
"Is there anything you want to do? Like play a few games, go on those little kiddie rides or eat?" he asked as I shook my head. He then stopped and his eyes lit up. "Cheesecakes~"
 
He skipped to a booth selling cheesecake and he looked like a little boy, a cute one. He was jumping in excitement while waiting in line. I giggled and joined him. 
 
"I'm guessing you like cheesecakes?" I asked as he nodded with such a huge grin. I smiled and he pretty much bought each and every single kind of cheesecake. We sat at a table and he began devouring them. He offered me some but I declined. 
 
"C'mon, here eat this strawberry cheesecake. I know it's your favorite," he said as I was surprised he knew. 
 
"How'd you know?" I asked as he blinked at me. 
 
"Uhhhh, Y-Youngjin told me," he said and gave me an uneasy laugh. I just went with the flow and ate the strawberry swirled cheesecake. I was eating when I noticed some people singing on stage. I read the banner that was behind it and saw that it was a free event. Anyone could just go up there and participate, so an idea popped up in my head. 
 
"Oppa, lets sing," I said as he stopped eating and blankly looked at me. "I want to improve my singing and stage fright, but I don't want to do it alone."
 
He looked up to the stage then back at me. "I can't sing after I just ate a while bunch of sweets. My voice will crack and sound gross."
 
"Please oppa," I said with aeygo. 
 
"This is the first time I've seen you do aeygo," he laughed. "But for you, I'll do it."
 
I jumped in joy and dragged him with me. By the time we reached the steps to the stage, I immediately backed out. 
 
"You told me to do this with you and you back out on me?" he asked as I puffed my cheeks out. He held my hand and pulled me in stage. "We'll sing the song we sung at the banquet."
 
One of the MC came up to us and asked us what sing we were singing. Daehyun handed the guy his iPod and soon enough the song began playing. Daehyun leaned in and whispered, "Don't feel pressure to be good. Just sing with your heart and if you have to, just look at me."
 
We were still holding hands, so I tightened mine on his. Hwaiting Mary. You can do this, if you can't then you might as well give up the dream to become a singer.
 
I sung my part perfectly as he did too when the bridge came. I felt my heart pound of nervousness, especially when the long, high note was coming up. I felt Daehyun's hand tighten on mine, telling me it was okay to make a mistake, so I did all the best that I could to sing it. I sung that high note like it was nothing as I mentally jumped in joy. Daehyun and I looked at each other surprised and a smile appeared on our faces. After the song ended, we got off stage and I began spazzing. 
 
"That was amazing Mary," Daehyun said and pulled me in for a hug, which took me by surprise. 
 
"Thank you," I responded and hugged him back. 
 
"Omg!! Mary that was outstanding!!!!!" I heard Hana's voice from behind. I released the hug and saw the others walking towards us. The only ones running was my members and Youngjin. They gave me a group hug and gave me compliments. 
 
"I didn't know you were that good noona," Youngjin said with an amazed smile. 
 
"It's all thanks to Daehyun for improving me," I said while looking at him. He smiled and patted my back. 
 
"Oh~ noona, I won a goldfish. I named him Jonghyun," he said while lifting up a bag with the goldfish in it. 
 
"Jonghyun?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised. 
 
"Yep. I didn't know if I wanted to call it Jonghwan or Daehyun, so I took both their names and took Jonghyun," he said with a cute smile. I giggled and gently pinched his cheeks. 
 
"Why didn't you name it after me?" I asked. 
 
"Because its a boy, not a girl," he said with a cute, angry pout. "And because I like both my hyungs, I couldn't choose just one."
 
"Well I feel honored to have a goldfish named after me," Daehyun said with a smile and brushed Youngjin's hair back. 
 
"Noona, you were good on stage," Zelo said with a smile that showed his dimple. "My friends think you're a good singer too, they said you'll get far in the music industry."
 
"Awwh, that's nice of them to say so," I said and we enjoyed the rest of today as a big group when the festival came to an end.
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
"Hyung, you taking Mary and Youngjin home?" Zelo asked as I nodded.
 
"I think it's better if we drop them off. It's a long bus ride back to their neighborhood," Yongguk said as he opened the driver's door. 
 
"It's okay Yongguk, we have all night to get home," Mary said with a soft smile. 
 
"I think it's better for you two that we send you home," Yongguk said and pretty much forced them in the van. It was pretty crowded. Yongguk being our driver was in the front with Himchan. In the upper part of the car was Jongup and Zelo while I was pretty much on Youngjae as Youngjin sat on Mary's lap. I played a few games here and there with the younger ones when I saw Mary's head slowly fall. She was sitting next to Youngjae, so I pushed him to the side, now sitting next to her. I set Youngjin on my lap to get into a better position to play with Jongup and Zelo as I gently laid her head on my shoulder. I could feel Youngjae's eyes on me, but I didn't care and brushed her hair out of her face. We reached their house and Yongguk took Youngjin first as I tried to wake Mary up. She slowly fluttered her eyes open and rubbed her eyes. 
 
"Oppa, are we home already?" she asked as I nodded. I got out of the car with her and walked her up the steps, meeting up with Yongguk, who was holding Youngjin who was sleeping. "Thank you for the ride Yongguk oppa."
 
"No problem. Get a good rest," he replied and handed Youngjin to her. 
 
"Goodnight you guys," she said as I followed behind him down the steps. I stopped at the bottom and looked up to see her enter her house. 
 
"C'mon, let's go home," Yongguk said with a grin and wrapped his arm around my neck. "The sooner we get home to sleep, the sooner you can dream about her."
 
"Oh shut up," I said and playfully pushed him to the side. 
 
"Bwoh? Did you just tell hyung to shut up?" he asked in a funny, higher pitch tone as I laughed and we entered the car, heading home. Yongguk was correct, I did dream about Mary in a good way.