Chapter 12

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRepEvMyv0o  Apink-Like A Dream

Today was the last day of my break and I was spending it with Jonghwan. I was heading out when Youngjin grabbed my pant leg. 
 
"Noona, where are you going?" he asked as I was debating to lie or not, but with him I never lie unless I have to. 
 
"I'm going to see Jonghwan oppa," I replied seeing his eyes brighten up. 
 
"Can I come too?" he then asked as I bit my bottom lip. 
 
"Uh, if you want too..." I said trailing off as he was already putting on his shoes. We walked out the door when I saw Daehyun at the bottom steps with his hood up, hands in his pockets and kicking the floor. He looked like a stalker actually. 
 
"Oppa," I said walking down the steps. He looked up and smiled, waving at me. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out or something," he said with a sheepish smile. 
 
"I'm, uh going to see Jonghwan right now," I said a bit guilty rejecting him. 
 
"Oh really? That's fine," he said in a disappointed voice and slowly walked away when Youngjin called out his name. 
 
"Hyung~ I'll play with you!" he shouted and ran to him. I ran after Youngjin as Daehyun picked him up. "Noona, is it okay if I play with Daehyun?"
 
"Uh, if its okay with him then I guess," I said as Youngjin shouted a yes. 
 
"I'll take care of him and bring him back before 9pm," Daehyun said and set him down. 
 
"Are you sure? I mean I can take him with me and Jongwan," I said as he shook his head. 
 
"You two can have some time alone. I think you two need it since you haven't been able to hang out with him," he said and walked away with Youngjin. I sighed and went to meet up with Jonghwan. 
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
"Hyung, what were you planning on doing today with noona?" Youngjin asked as I shrugged. 
 
"I don't know.  Go see a movie or just get something to eat," I said as he nodded. "What do you want to do today?"
 
"I want to go to a zoo," he happily said. I laughed and agreed with him. We both took a taxi there and waited in line to get tickets to enter. After getting our tickets, we entered and looked at every single animal. We watched some shows and rode on some kiddie rides. 
 
"Let's go get something to eat, what do you say?" I asked as he nodded and we headed out. 
 
Mary's POV~
 
Jonghwan and I went to the Han River after seeing a movie and we just walked around. Our arms brushed against each others and I could feel him glancing down at me. 
 
"So, who's watching Youngjin?" he asked breaking the silence. 
 
"Daehyun oppa," I replied and silence took over again. 
 
"You must be close to him," he then said as we stopped to look at the calm river flowing. 
 
"Yeah, you can say so. He was the one who helped me on my vocals. He's a great singer like you," I said as he smiled down at me. 
 
"But I'm better right?" he teased, making me laugh. "Are you close to the other members?"
 
"Yongguk and them?" I asked as he nodded. "Not really. Its almost been 2 months of training, but we don't have much time to interact with each other. Daehyun's the only one I personally know."
 
"I see..." he said with a soft voice. "I guess he treats you well."
 
"He does. He's like that with everyone though, always considerate," I said and slowly inhaled the breeze that passed. "He gives off this familiar warm feeling, it's like I've known him for years."
 
We stood in silence only hearing the voices of by passers and the city. Slowly, the sun was setting and we decided to head home. By the time we reached the door steps, Daehyun was there with Youngjin, sleeping in his arms. I went up to him and took Youngjin. 
 
"Thanks for watching him," I said as he smiled and nodded. "How was it?"
 
"It was tiring, but I had a great time with him," Daehyun said. "I wouldn't mind hanging out with him more than you."
 
"Bwoh?" I asked as he chuckled. 
 
"I'm just kidding," he said and ruffled my hair. "I'll see you tomorrow."
 
He walked off when I called out his name. He stopped and glanced back. "Come in for a bit."
 
He smiled and shook his head. "I've got to head back to the dorm. I don't want a scolding from Manager Kang."
 
"You sure?" I asked as he nodded and waved me off, disappearing. I just stood there looking at where Daehyun had left when Jonghwan snapped his finger, bringing me back to my senses. 
 
"We should put him in bed. It's cold out here," Jonghwan said and we headed into my house. We tucked Youngjin in my bed and just sat on the edge of the bed. 
 
"It seems like I've been replaced by him," Jonghwan said while gently brushing Youngjin's hair out of his face. 
 
"Replace? By Daehyun?" I questioned as he gave a faint smile and looked down to the ground. He sighed and got off the bed. 
 
"I'll get going," he said and walked to the door when he stopped and slowly turned to look at me. "I'm still your favorite oppa, right?"
 
"Of course you are," I said with a smile. He gave me a satisfied smile and left. I looked at Youngjin's sleeping figure when I decided to go check up on my grandmother. I stood outside of her door and slowly twisted the knob to hear sniffling inside. 
 
"Halmeoni," I softly said, tip-toeing into her room. She was under her blanket and I knew she was crying. "Halmeoni, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"
 
I sat on the edge of her bed and soothed her back as it was tureen away from me. She didn't reply and I've learned to not pressure someone to get something out from them. I then scooted next to her and hugged her, sleeping next to her. 
 
"Whatever it is, you can't hide it long from us. We have to know sooner or later halmeoni," I softly said and held her tighter to feel her body tremble.