Chapter 18

Life As A TS Trainee

Daehyun's POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsB6E09Ypa0&feature=bf_next&list=ULiNhJUcTwtwg 15&-I Dream (Piano Ver.)

I walked up the steps to Mary's front door. I slowly inhaled and exhaled before knocking on it. After the second knock the door opened and appeared her grandmother. 
 
"Annyeonhasaeyo," I said, bowing to her. I looked at her then tried to peak behind her for Mary. 
 
"Do come in. It's cold out there," she said and stepped aside for me to enter. She led me to the living room and so I sat there, uncomfortable. "Are you here for Mary?"
 
"Yes, I am," I replied with a soft smile. 
 
"I'll go get her then," she said with a smile and left me alone. After a minute or two, Mary came out with a hoodie over her head, covering her eyes. She down next to me and hung her head low. 
 
"What are you doing here? Aren't you spending Christmas with the others?" she asked with a weak voice. 
 
"I wanted to give you something. My present to you," I said and handed her a pink bag with the music box in it. 
 
"Oppa, you didn't have to," she said gripping onto the bay's handles, like she was holding in her cry. 
 
"I know that Mary, but I just thought the music box would be perfect for you," I said, playing with my fingers. 
 
"Thank you then," she said and got up, but I grabbed her wrist before she could leave me. I got up and approached her, back hugging her by the waist. 
 
"Mary," I said in a hushed tone. "Jonghwan will be back, he just needs time."
 
"How did you know he's leaving?" she asked as I felt her tear drop onto my arm. 
 
"I bumped into him earlier," I replied, holding her tighter up against my chest. 
 
~~~FLASHBACK~~~
 
"What are you doing here?" Jonghwan asked, quickly wiping his tears away. 
 
"I wanted to give Mary a present," I said and tried to walk around him when he grabbed my arm. 
 
"Take care of her for me. Treat her well and love only her," he spoke with a soft, yet serious tone. "I'll be back, so take care of her for now."
 
I didn't know how to respond, so I nodded. He released my arm and patted my back. 
 
"I'm counting on you to watch over her, Youngjin and halmeoni," he said and walked away. 
 
~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~
 
"Daehyun, would you leave if you were in his position?" she asked as I didn't think about a question like that. 
 
"Leave? I wouldn't leave, but I'd give up the girl I fell in love with. If her heart doesn't choose me then why keep on trying when it'll never be me?" I said as she stayed quiet. "I'll just wish them the best and have to hope things work out between the two."
 
She turned around and hugged my waist, resting her head on my chest. "Not being in Jonghwan's position, but does her heart really choose me?"
 
"Yes," she confessed and hugged me tighter. I felt my heart race and my face blush. "I don't know why though."
 
I do. I hugged her closer to me and kissed her forehead. 
 
"Will you stay with me for the night? I don't want to be alone tonight," she said as I nodded. We went into her room and I tucked her in. "Sleep with me."
 
"Bwoh?" I questioned while rapidly blinking. 
 
"I don't mean it that way, I just want you to hold me while I sleep," she softly said as I swallowed hard. "It's okay f you don't want to."
 
I didn't want to turn her down because I know I wanted to sleep next to her, so brought my confidence up and slid next to her, holding her in my arms. She scooted closer and rested her head against my chest, making my heart beat faster than it usually does for her. 
 
"Oppa, goodnight," she said in a hushed tone. 
 
"Goodnight Mary," I responded and rested my chin on her head, slowly closing my eyes. 
 
Jonghwan's POV~
 
I wasn't far from Mary's house. I was close enough to see her bedroom light shut off. I know Daehyun will be able to treat you well.
 
I deeply exhaled and felt someone grab my shoulder. I glanced and saw Minwoo there with a worried expression on. 
 
"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" he asked as I nodded, but I knew it was wrong of me to do so. "How can you just lie to her and her family?"
 
"Don't put me on the guilt trip hyung," I said and tried to walk past him when he grabbed my arm. 
 
"You're just leaving them, like you're going to block them out from your life," he said as I shot him a look. "You're pretty much running away from them all because of your feelings for Mary."
 
"I'm not running away," I replied as he scoffed. 
 
"Then what are you doing?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 
 
He's right. What am I doing? I pulled his hand off my arm and bit my bottom lip. 
 
"Lets just go back to your place and unpack my stuff," I said and walked away with my hands in my pockets. 
 
"Jonghwan," he said, loud enough for me to hear. "If you really want to forget her and your feelings then just go to the US like what you told them."
 
I sighed and held in the tears, walking away without a word. I will learn to forget on my own even if I have to be in the same area as her.