Chapter 29

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glxj4evAo_Q Apink-Bubibu

Today I was going back to the company to start my training. I haven't been in contact with Daehyun, or anyone from the company in general, but having Jonghwan by my side again was all I needed. I walked out the door and saw Jonghwan standing at the end of the street, kicking at the ground. 
 
"Oppa!" I shouted his name as he turned to me and smiled. I approached him and smiled. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I came to drop you off. Instead of taking the bus, I'll be your personal taxi," he said pointing to his car. 
 
"You don't have to-"
 
"I know Mary, but it's the least I can do for you," he said and grabbed my hand, leading me to his car. He opened the passenger's door and stepped to the side for me to get in. It was a 10 minute drive to the company, since I was now living closer to it. 
 
"Thank you for the ride," I said and unbuckled my seatbelt, grabbing the door handle when he grabbed my wrist. 
 
"I'll be back 10pm, so wait for me. I'll buy dinner on the way too," he said with a warm smile and let me go. "Have fun now and work hard."
 
I nodded and got out of the car, walking into the building. I pressed the up button for the elevator and once it opened, BAP appeared. 
 
"Oh, noona. You're back," Zelo said with a sweet smile. 
 
"It's nice to see you again Mary," Yongguk said, ruffling my hair. 
 
"Same here," I replied and made room for them to get out of the elevator. I met eyes with Daehyun and smiled as he returned a half smile. 
 
"Welcome back Mary," he softly said and walked away with the others. I watched him leave out the doors as the elevator closed my sight of him. I took in a deep breath and released it, looking at the number go up. I reached my level and got off, heading straight to the practice room. I entered and it was pitch black when a glow was shown in the middle of the room. I approached it and suddenly the lights with the girls cheering. 
 
"Welcome back Mary!!!" they chorused while throwing confetti in the air. I giggled and felt touched. Hana hugged me tight and deeply exhaled. 
 
"Ahh~ you don't know how much I've missed you best friend," she said and released the hug. "It's been so boing here without you."
 
"You've missed a lot of info too," Jihye said with a warm smile. "But we'll figure something out."
 
"Unnie, I made this for you," Hyemi said, handing me a CD. "It's all the dances we learned. I recorded them for you."
 
"Awwh, thank you," I said and hugged her. 
 
"Blow your candles out before the wax gets on the cake~" Eunmi said as I giggled and blew them out. They cheered and clapped as Jay walked in. 
 
"Awwh, I missed out," he said with a pout. "Well, it's good to have you back Mary."
 
"It feels good to be back," I said and stretched my arm up. "You don't know how much I've missed the smell of this room."
 
"What? Sweat?" Hana asked with a eyebrow raised as I shook my head. 
 
"The smell of hard work and dreams," I said and smiled. 
 
"Shall we continue to accomplish this dream then and make it smell better?" Jay asked as I nodded and so training began. 
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
I watched the girls practice from outside of their room and laid my eyes only on Mary. 
 
"You miss her y wave don't you?" Youngjae asked, doing a wave himself. I rolled my eyes and pushed him as he blinked up at me. I narrowed my eyes at him then looked back to Mary, who was sweating. "Her sweating turns you on doesn't it?"
 
"Aish!" I smacked his head as he hissed in pain and pouted at me. "Say another word and you'll get it tonight!"
 
He nodded and looked through the door to them as I did too. Seeing her dance again makes me happy. Her hard work and her commitment after her grandmother's death.
 
I smiled to myself when someone knocked my head with Youngjae's. 
 
"YAH!" we both shouted at each other then looked behind us to see Yongguk with an eyebrow raised. 
 
"What are you two doing?" he asked as I cleared my throat. 
 
"We were just-"
 
"Stalking," Youngjae with a smile, pointing his finger at me. "He was stalking Mary and dragged me along."
 
I looked at him then to Yongguk shaking my hands in front of me. "I wasn't stalking and I didn't drag him with me. He joined me himself."
 
Yongguk chuckled and shook his head walking away. "Hurry up with what you guys were doing and head up to the practice room. We have practice."
 
We both nodded and watched him turn the corner, once he did I immediately turned back to the door. As I did, Mary and I had eye contact, making my heart race. I jumped startled by the sudden feeling too and so I ran away with Youngjae following behind. 
 
"Yah, what's the rush?" he asked. I ignored him and reached the elevator. 
 
"She didn't see me right?" I asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"What are you talking about?" he asked with an annoyed tone and entered the elevator. I bit my bottom lip as I stood up against the wall, thinking. 
 
"Just go talk to her like the old days, why are you being like this?" he asked.
 
Mary's POV~
 
I scratched my head thinking of why Daehyun suddenly ran like that. Was he spying on me?
 
I giggled at the thought of it when Jay snapped me back to reality. 
 
"You're gonna have to keep up with us," he said with an exhausted smile and turned up the music. 
 
----------
 
I was the last to leave the practice room when I heard someone singing in the recording studio. I smiled and walked towards it, missing that voice. I peaked in and saw Daehyun singing in there with so much emotions, like the first time I met him. 
 
"Can I help you?" he asked as I had finally noticed he had stopped singing. 
 
"Oh, I didn't mean to disturb you," I said with a faint smile with him returning a soft one. 
 
"It's fine, but you shouldn't be here this late at night," he said as I blinked at him. 
 
"Nor should you..." I said with an eyebrow raised, making him chuckle. He approached me, then stopped, close enough to feel each other's body heat. 
 
"Then we should get going," he said and ruffled my hair. He turned off the music and grabbed his bag, stopping at the door to look at me. "Are you not coming? You'll get in trouble if you stay any longer."
 
"Oh, yeah..." I quietly said and followed him out the company. We walked out and saw Jonghwan leaning against the hood of his car with arms crossed, patiently waiting. 
 
"I guess we're going separate ways," Daehyun said and walked the opposite direction when I grabbed his hand. I honestly didn't know what I was doing by grabbing his hand, I just wanted to do it. 
 
"Is there something wrong?" he asked looking down at me. I blinked and looked down to the ground, slowly releasing his hand. 
 
"Uhh, I just-"
 
Before I could finish he pulled me in for a hug. "I know...I've missed you too."
 
He released the hug and held both my shoulders, smiling down at me. "Stay strong and smile, even after all that's happened."
 
I nodded and watched him leave, then made my way to Jonghwan. He smiled and looked past me to Daehyun. 
 
"I promised you I'd buy dinner so let's get going," Jonghwan said now looking at me with a smile. He grabbed my bad and threw it in the trunk as I entered the car. "So, how was it going back?"
 
"It felt refreshing you can say," I said smiling to myself while looking out the window. "Jihye told me that we're debuting in December with the group name called D. Diamonds."
 
"What does the D stand for?" he asked, glancing over to me.
 
"December is what it stands for, the month of our debut," I said as he nodded in understanding. "CEO Taesung already decided on our roles while I was still at the hospital."
 
"And what would your role be?"
 
"Me? I'm the main dancer, vocalist and visual," I answered.
 
"Visual?" he laughed as I gave him a face.
 
"Yah," I glared at him and crossed my arms. "Am I not pretty?"
 
He turned his laugh into a chuckled and looked at me for a bit. "You're nothing close to pretty. You're beyond beautiful."
 
I smiled at him and continued to look out the window, soon arriving at a restaurant. We both headed in and sat down at a table by the window and ordered our food.
 
"Since you're debuting this year, are you happy?" he asked as I nodded, sipping my drink.
 
"I want to make halmeoni proud along with Daehyun and I've come this far too, so of course I'm happy," I replied. "I wouldn't think I'd debut this early too."
 
He smiled and twirled his straw in his drink. "I understand you making halmeoni proud, but what does Daehyun have to do with it?"
 
I blinked at him then smiled at the memories. "He was the reason why I became a singer in the first place. Remember when you asked me about this necklace?"
 
I touched the charm as he nodded, saying he remembered. "This is his and the teddy I got when I was a kid, I gave to him. It's our way of motivating each other without having to see one another."
 
"I see," he softly said and continued to twirl his straw. "You two were probably childhood lovers too then..."
 
"Well, you can so," I replied with a smile and looked down to my hands, playing with my fingers. "Oppa, can I ask you something?"
 
"Sure, go ahead," he said as I deeply inhaled.
 
"Do you...do you still like me?" I asked with my heart beating fast. He seemed to have felt the same too because he stiffened and just stared at his glass of water. "Do you?"