Chapter 28

Life As A TS Trainee

3rd Person POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZsKNB98HQ Jieun-It's Cold

Mary looked up at Jonghwan with wide eyes as his lips turned into a soft smile. 
 
"O-oppa," she softly said. "When did you-"
 
Not letting her finish, he pulled her in for a hug; missing the feeling of her warmth. 
 
Daehyun ran as fast as he could to the park and once he did, his heart fell. He breathed heavily at the sight of Jonghwan and Mary hugging one another. Why is he here?
 
Mary gently pushed Jonghwan away from her and looked in his eyes. 
 
"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in the U.S?" she asked as Jonghwan let out a sigh. 
 
"I heard about halmeoni," he said, changing the subject. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to comfort you."
 
Mary swallowed her tears in and hung her head low. He caressed her face then cupped it in his hands, leaning down to her eye level. 
 
"I know you need me and I'm here now. I won't leave this time," he said as she looked him in the eyes. "I know Daehyun can't be they for you because of his busy schedule, so I'll be the one to take care of you."
 
He kissed her forehead and rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. "It's cold, lets get you home."
 
She nodded and so he held her hand, leading her back home. Daehyun hid behind a tree wide enough to cover him as they walked past. Once he was out from their sight, he took a few steps in front of him, looking at their backs walking away. He felt something wet roll down his cheek as he watched the two walk away. Daehyun walked back to the practice room, meeting with the others as they asked him questions. 
 
"Did you find her?"
 
"Where is she?"
 
"Did you call the police?"
 
"She's fine," Daehyun said with no emotion in it at all. Like a zombie, Daehyun dragged himself to a chair and flopped down on it. The others looked at him worried and confused. 
 
"What happened?" Jay asked as Daehyun shook his head, not wanting to talk about it. Jay sighed and looked at the others. "Well, I'm sure she returned home safely. It's getting late too and you all should be heading home as well."
 
They nodded and packed their stuff, leaving one by one. Jay and Daehyun were the only two left. 
 
"Wanna tell me what happened?" Jay asked Daehyun. He didn't reply, so Jay took it as a no. "Whatever it is, don't let it disturb you from your work. Don't want anymore stress, do you?"
 
Daehyun looked down to his hands that laid in his lap as Jay shook his head at him. "Well, you know your curfew. Lock up once you're done."
 
Mary's POV~
 
Jonghwan and I entered my house and saw appa in the living room. Once he saw me, he immediately hugged me. 
 
"I was worried about you. Why didn't let me know you were going out?" he asked as I felt bad. He released the hug and grabbed both my shoulders. "Did anything happen to you? Did anyone try to pick on you? Are you sick?"
 
"Appa, I'm fine. No need to worry about me," I said with a faint smile. He pulled me in for another hug. 
 
"Thank you Jonghwan for bring her back home," he said as I released the hug and looked at him then to Jonghwan. 
 
"You two know each other?" I asked as Jonghwan cleared his throat. Appa looked at me then to him. 
 
"I'll leave you two alone. Get a good rest," he said and kissed my head before heading to his room. I looked at Jonghwan as he let out a sigh. 
 
"I'll tuck you in," he said and followed me to my room. I laid in bed as he sat on the edge of the bed, brushing my hair back. 
 
"So do you want to tell me how you know appa?" I asked as I stopped and bit his bottom lip. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position. "You lied didn't you? You didn't go to the U.S did you?"
 
He hung his head low and played with his fingers. "I had a reason to lie."
 
"And what was that?" I asked. He looked at me and bit his bottom lip. I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. "It's fine. Don't tell me, but I still want to know how appa knows you. We may be childhood friends, but you never got to meet appa."
 
"I volunteer at the hospital, that's how I know him," Jonghwan said and explained it a bit more. I nodded at everything he said and felt my eyelids get heavy. 
 
"Close your eyes and rest well," Jonghwan softly said as he smiled a bit. He tucked me in and kissed my forehead, getting up from the bed. Before he could get any further away from me, I grabbed his sleeve. 
 
"Don't leave," I said as he looked at me, shocked. "I need you here oppa. First you left, Daehyun left then halmeoni. I don't think I can handle having anyone else walk out on me."
 
He smiled and sat back down on the edge of the bed. I scooted to make room for him on the bed. 
 
"Sleep her for the night," I said as his eyes traveled down to the open space. 
 
"But we'll-"
 
"We used to do this as kids, remember? Sleep in the bed?" I said as he lightly chuckled. 
 
"I remember, but we're adults now," he said as I pouted. 
 
"I won't do anything to you oppa," I said. He smiled and got in bed, but for some reason, it was different. The feeling of having him sleep next to me was different now. We both laid perfectly still, looking up at the ceiling. 
 
"Are you planning to go back to wherever you went?" I asked. 
 
"I don't know yet," he said. "For now, I'll stay for as long as you want me to."
 
I looked at him as he looked at me too, then smiled. I scooted closer to him and slept up against him, smelling his sweet fragrance. He turned to his side and hugged my waist as I laid my head in his chest. 
 
"Sleep tight," he said and let out one last sigh before it all went quiet, only hearing the crickets take over the silence. 
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
I held onto a pillow as I bit my nails. 
 
"Why is he back in Seoul? Is he planning on taking her back?" I questioned myself. "Who exactly does he think he is?"
 
"Nnn...Dae, shut up..." Youngjae muttered as I sat up and hit his chest with my pillow. I groaned and shot up. "What do you want?!?!?"
 
"What do you think the relationship is between the two? Why was he there with her? Why were they hugging?" I asked him as he rolled his eyes. 
 
"I don't know what you're talking about, but it doesn't concern any of us," he said while rubbing his eyes. "Now go to sleep, we have a photo shoot tomorrow."
 
"But I can't. I can't stop thinking about Mary," I softly said as he shook his head at me. 
 
"You must really love her huh?" he asked. I but my bottom lip and slowly nodded. "If you really love her then don't lose hope on her."
 
"But-"
 
"Ssshhhh," he said putting a finger up to my lips. "Just sleep, we can talk about it in the morning."
 
I blinked at him and nodded. He laid back in bed as I did too, but still my eyes wouldn't close. What should I do? Should I just continue to trust her and hope for the best or to leave and worry about my needs and self-satisfaction? Why couldn't the idol life be as easy as falling in love...What's more important too, my career or the girl I love? Either way, both will only bring stress to me.
 
Sorry!! I haven't been updating for awhile!! But I've just been LAZYY! Not a good thing >.< Haha, but hope the story is going well :)
Thanks for those who are enjoying it! Please subscribe and comment!^^ Hope you guys are having a WONDERFUL day!
 
 
AHHH~ I don't know if I can handle Daehyun anymore!! XD
image
 
 
Well, goodbye for now!
 
image