Chapter 6

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

K.Will-My Heart Is Beating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZX22FK5mSY

I went into the practice room to see no one in yet. Am I early today?
 
Jay came in and gave me a shocked look. "What are you doing here?"
 
"What do you mean by that? We practice today," I said as he chuckled. 
 
"Not today. If you were paying any attention to what I was saying last night and not at Daehyun, we're not rehearsing because of other preparations," he explained as I felt my face blush in embarrassment. "You've got the day off."
 
I smiled and bowed goodbye when something came up. "Is it okay if I practice by myself then? I mean, I could use some extra time to practice my vocals."
 
"Sure, but this room is being used at 4pm so be out by then," he said and left. I stretched first, so I can dance first then work on my vocals. I the music and began dancing the routine Jay had just taught us. It's already been a month of my trainee days and yet I wasn't used to all the dancing. I danced for a good 3 hours and decided to work on my vocals. Vocals wasn't really my thing, so every time I would sing I'd crack. 
 
"Don't force it out," I heard someone say from behind. I turned around and saw Daehyun with a soft look. "It won't come out if you force it. It'll hurt your vocal cord too if you force it."
 
I cleared my throat and turned off the music with silence taking over. He turned the music back on and began singing. I was singing Mi's I Can't, but he changed the pitch and sung it lower; pretty much 4men's I Can't. I was surprised at how amazing he sounded, it was my first time hearing him sing too. 
 
"Uwah~ you're really good!" I exclaimed as he chuckled. "When you sing the high notes, you look so relax and calm."
 
"That's how it's supposed to be. You have to relax your voice," he said with a soft smile. "Did you even warm up before you began singing?"
 
I totally forgot and laughed uneasily, "No, not really."
 
He chuckled and shook his head at me. He began doing some lip warm ups and gestured me to follow. I followed what he did and boy did I look ridiculous doing it. "Don't tense up and loosen yourself up, even if you look like a total dork."
 
"What are you trying to say?" I asked with a pout. He chuckled and pinched my cheeks. 
 
"Nothing, now lets work on breathing," he said and began inhaling slowly. I followed him and soon then I was actually becoming better and singing with a full tone. "You're getting better."
 
"All thanks to you," I said and thanked him. I looked at the clock and gasped. "We should be going. Someone else will be using this room."
 
I packed my stuff and walked out with Daehyun. "Let's say we grab something to eat."
 
I nodded and we headed to a restaurant. We sat across each other in an awkward atmosphere. We ordered our food and silently sat still. 
 
"So Daehyun-ssi, what are your hobbies?" I asked breaking the ice. He sipped the straw of his drink and narrowed his eyes to think. 
 
"I like to draw and play soccer," he replied as I gave a soft smile. "What about you?"
 
"I don't really have a hobby other than dancing and singing, even though I ," I said with a sheepish smile. He slightly smiled and just stared me in the eyes. His eyes were so soft and beautiful, I just couldn't resist it. 
 
"You're an amazing dancer and singer Mary," he said. "You're not like any of the other girl trainees I've seen. You're different and very talented."
 
I felt myself blush and sipped my smoothie when our food came. 
 
"How's Youngjin?" he then asked. 
 
"He's good, still the same the last time you saw him," I said as he smiled. "He wants to see you again."
 
"Really?" he asked as I nodded. "You should bring him back to the company then, so we can hang out."
 
"I'd like to, but I feel like he burdening you all," I said as he shook his head. 
 
"They all like him, they don't mind it at all. Jay would always bring his son, but he grew tired of seeing us everyday and never came back," he explained as I laughed. 
 
"We'll see," I said and ate my food as the atmosphere wasn't awkward anymore; it was comfortable. We decided to take a little walk after dinner you could say and walked by a park. 
 
Daehyun's POV~
 
"Ahh~ I remember this park," she said with a bright smile and ran to the swing set. I followed behind her and smiled as she swung herself. "I would always come here when I was down. I met a little boy here too; he's the reason I wanted to be a singer."
 
My heart raced, happy she remembered. I sat on the empty swing next to her and used my heels to swing myself. "Do you remember his name?"
 
"His name? I don't really remember," she said with a pout. "It was Daejun or something, I know it started with a D."
 
I sighed in disappointment, but I let it go knowing that soon enough it'll pop up in her mind. She then touched a charm on her necklace and I notice it was the necklace I gave her. Even up till now she's been wearing it.
 
"Who gave you that necklace?" I asked pointing to it as she smiled. 
 
"The boy I met here at the park. We made a promise to become singers and exchanged our valuables to remind ourselves of our promise," she explained as I smiled. "I wonder if he was able to become a singer or at least a trainee like me."
 
*He did and he's right here next to you.* I played with my fingers when she got up and went over to the slide. She kneeled down and scooted under the slide, sitting down on the dirt. 
 
"This place brings back so much memories," she said with a soft smile. "After all the years I've spent with this park, I only remember about it till now."
 
I sat down next to her and grabbed a stick, writing my name in the dirt over and over again on purpose. Of course she didn't notice and just rested her chin on her arms that were folded over her knees. 
 
"Do you think you'll ever meet that boy again?" I asked as she shrugged. 
 
"Hopefully. I really want to hear him sing again, especially that song we both made together," she said with a soft smile. "It went something like this."
 
She began humming that familiar tune and closed her eyes, swaying to it. I smiled and felt a bit of warmth in me. I looked at her beautiful side profile and felt my heart race, seeing her like that. I wanted to hum along with her, but I held back and let her do it herself. She finished and looked at me with a soft look. 
 
"That was really good, what's the title of the song?" I asked as she shrugged. 
 
"We didn't give a title to it yet, but once we meet again we'll both think of one. We didn't even write lyrics for it, but it'll all happen once we see each other again," she said and played in the dirt. I looked at my watch and got out from under the slide. 
 
"It's getting late, I think we should get going," I said as she got up and we began walking to the bus stop. The bus arrived and we got it, sitting in silence when I heard her humming to a song she was listening to. It was K. Will's My Heart Is Beating. I silently chuckled and just watched her hum it with a smile. She looked at me and smiled, "Daehyun-ssi, it's our stop."
 
I hadn't noticed that it was already at our stop and so I got up and we both headed out. I walked her to the steps when I saw a boy stand there, she seemed to have noticed too. We both exchanged looks and walked closer as she gasped. 
 
"Jonghwan?!" she exclaimed and ran to hug him. I felt my heart slowly break as she was smiling and hugging him. I guess it'll take longer for to remember me now that he's back from the U.S.
 
I looked down to the ground and walked away when she called my name and I heard her footsteps running to me. I turned around to see her smiling, that I knew wasn't meant for me, but for Jonghwan. 
 
"Thank you for walking me home. I'll see you tomorrow at practice," she said and ran back to him. I watched the two enter her house and I walked home silently, a bit saddened.