Chapter 27

Life As A TS Trainee

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCbK-f2_oyw K.Will-You Are Love

3rd Person POV~
 
It was the day of Mary's grandmother's funeral and she didn't want to go at all. She just wanted to stay home, alone. 
 
"Mary, lets get going," her father said, buttoning his shirt. She sat in the corner on her bed with her knees tucked up to her chest. He sighed and walked towards her and sat on the edge of the bed, looking at her. "Do you not want to go? This will be the last time you see her."
 
She sat there quietly and so he got up, shutting the door behind him. Mary deeply exhaled and got up to get dressed. 
 
----------
 
They arrived at the graveyard and saw the others there. Hana ran up to Mary and pulled her in for a hug. 
 
"Mary," she softly said. Mary looked at all the people crowding the coffin. 
 
Jonghwan had heard about her grandmother and was also at the graveyard, but he kept his distance. 
 
Mary walked up to the coffin and a sermon began, but all she heard was the wind blowing, making the leaves rustle. Daehyun looked at her from the opposite side and debated if he wanted to sit next to her and comfort her or to leave her alone. Daehyun could only then watch her from where he was standing, just like how Jonghwan could only watch her from afar. After the funeral, everyone had gone separate ways for they had another schedule to attend. 
 
"Lets go home Mary," her father said while holding Youngjin in his arms. She nodded and slowly walked back to the car, glancing back to see the coffin being put underground. 
 
Jonghwan followed Mary home with his car and sat outside of her house once he had arrived. Maybe it's time I show myself and comfort her.
 
Mary went straight into her room and sat up against the bed board with her knees tucked up to her chest. There was a knock at the door and her father entered. 
 
"I talked to Jay earlier today. He said you can continue your training next week. He said you may need some private training since you've been one for almost a month and a half now," he said as Mary had forgotten that she was even a trainee. "I have to go work now. Check up on Youngjin once in awhile and I made dinner, so eat it while its still warm, kay?"
 
She quietly nodded and closed her eyes for a bit. Doctor Kim looked at her and sighed, going back to Youngjin's room to check up on him. He kissed Youngjin's forehead and left the house to see Jonghwan walking around. 
 
"Jonghwan?" he asked as Jonghwan turned around startled. "What are you down here?"
 
"Oh, I uhm...I was just walking by," he said with a sheepish smile.
 
"Were you here to check up on Mary?" Doctor Kim asked as Jonghwan bit his bottom lip. "She'll be fine, but checking up on her once in awhile would be good."
 
Jonghwan nodded and bowed to Doctor Kim, watching him drive off. Jonghwan looked back at the house and leaned against his car, just looking at the house. 
 
----------
 
After an hour, Mary went to check up on Youngjin to see him sound asleep. She sighed and went to sit down on the edge of the bed, brushing his hair back. Why is it so easy for you to not feel this sadness?
 
Mary stayed in his room for a few more minutes before leaving the house to get some fresh air. Jonghwan had fallen asleep too in his car when he heard the gate close. He rubbed his eyes and saw Mary walking away, so he followed her by foot.  Mary walked around when she saw the park she grew up with. She looked around to see if there was anyone there and walked towards it. She sat under the slide and grabbed a stick, making stick figures when she came upon one she thought looked a bit like Daehyun. 
 
"Daehyun...why do I only think about you until now?" she softly asked herself with a tear splattering in the dirt. "I need you..."
 
After a never ending night of work, Doctor Kim returned home to see the food untouched. He furrowed his eyebrows and went into Mary's room to see her gone. "Where did she go?"
 
He went to check in Youngjin's room to only see him sleeping, making Doctor Kim worry. He immediately called Jay first. 
 
"Hello?" answered Jay. 
 
"Have you seen Mary? Did she show up at practice at all today?" Doctor Kim asked. 
 
---In Practice Room---
 
Jay looked at everyone in the room and shook his head. "She didn't show up at all."
 
"She's not home either..." Doctor Kim replied. "She's not with Daehyun?"
 
"No, Daehyun's here with us," Jay said as Daehyun looked up from his book. 
 
"Chincha?" Doctor Kim asked. He slowly exhaled and said, "thank you anyways. I'll go look for her."
 
"We'll help too," Jay said and hung up. 
 
"What's wrong? Why was my name brought up?" Daehyun asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 
 
"Mary's missing," Jay answered. As soon as Daehyun heard, he ran out the door to look for her. The others had also left the building to find her. 
 
"Mary!" Daehyun shouted, running around everywhere. He stopped to catch his breathe when he knew where she could've gone. "The park!"
 
He ran as fast as he could to the park. "Please be there."
 
Mary sat under the slide, touching the necklace she received from Daehyun as a child. She rubbed her tired eyes and decided it was time to go back, so she got up and wasn't expecting to see him.