Chapter 25

Life As A TS Trainee

3rd Person POV~


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rid5Ph8qRQ&feature=related SHINee-Quasimodo

It's been 3 days since Mary had been in the hospital and she still hasn't woken up yet. Her father watched over her every night as Daehyun thought of her. 
 
"Hyung, we don't have a schedule today, right?" Daehyun asked his manager as he looked at his calendar. 
 
"Nope, today you're free," the manager said. "Why? Do you want to see Mary?"
 
Daehyun smiled and nodded. "Can we go?"
 
"Of course. I'm sure the others want to go too," his manager said and told the others. 
 
----------
 
Jonghwan went to see Mary at the hospital for the first time. He sighed and set his banquet of flower on the table. 
 
"I leave you for a few weeks and this is what happens?" Jonghwan mumbled while looking at her peaceful figure. He went up to her and brushed her hair out of her face. "You probably got a shock from the news about your father."
 
Of course there was no reply from her, only the beeping of the heart monitor and the clock ticking. Jonghwan had other things he had to take care of, so he kissed Mary's forehead and left the room. Once he entered the elevator, BAP had come out from the other one. Daehyun's heart was racing because he got to see her again after 3 days. He pretty much ran to the room. 
 
"Yah, Jung Daehyun! Haven't you heard of no running in the hallways?" Yongguk called out to him. 
 
"Haven't you heard of inside voice?" Youngjae stated as the leader narrowed his eyes at him. They all entered the room to see Mary sleeping stil and a banquet of flowers on her table.
 
"Who bought these?" Zelo asked while smelling the flowers. "Uwah~ they smell really good."
 
Daehyun sat down next to Mary and caressed her face. Yongguk looked at the two and smiled. "We'll leave you two alone."
 
"What? But hyung-"
 
"Of course we'll come back to see her, but let's leave Daehyun and Mary alone," Yongguk said, cutting off the two maknaes. They obediently nodded and left the room. Daehyun watched the door close, then turned his gaze to Mary's face.
 
"Are you getting any better?" Daehyun softly asked, brushing her hair out from her face. "You don't look as pale anymore, so that means you are."
 
There was no response from her. He grabbed her hand and placed them in his hands. "When will you wake up? I miss you, I miss hearing your voice, I miss those big, round eyes of yours. You will wake up, right?"
 
It wasn't long when the door flung open and appeared Youngjin. "Youngjin, what are you doing here?"
 
"Appa, where's appa?!" he asked with teary eyes.
 
"I don't know. Why? What's wrong?" Daehyun asked, standing up from his chair. Youngin didn't say anything and ran out the door to find Doctor Kim. Daehyun looked down at Mary, then ran after Youngjin, bumping into s.
 
"Daehyun, where are you going?! YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!" Yongguk shouted as Daehyun continued to run after Youngjin.
 
"Jongup and Zelo, stay here with Mary," Yongguk said and ran after Daehyun with Himchan and Youngjae following behind.
 
"Appa!" Youngjin shouted in the hallways.
 
"Youngjin!" Daehyun shouted after him. Youngjin continued to shout when Doctor Kim came out from his office.
 
"Youngjin, what's wrong?" he asked, kneeling down to his level.
 
"H-halmeoni...she fell down. She won't open her eyes!" Youngjin panicked, while crying.
 
"H-halmeoni won't open her eyes?" Doctor Kim asked as Youngjin nodded. His heart was panicing and so he ran to his car, forgetting Youngjin behind. Daehyun had caught up with Youngjin and grabbed his shoulder.
 
"Youngjin-ah...What's the matter? Why were you shouting for your dad?" Daehyun asked, breathing heavily. Youngjin looked up to Daehyun and cried.
 
"Halmeoni's dying," Youngjin cried in Daehyun's arms. Daehyun couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Halmeoni's dying hyung!"
 
"She's not, she's just sick Youngjin," Daehyun said with tears and held onto Youngjin.
 
"Daehyun!" Yongguk's voice boomed from the hallway. They had caught up to Daehyun and Youngjin. "Why were you running? And Youngjin, why are you here?"
 
"Hyung, take care of Youngjin. I'll be back," Daehyun said and ran.
 
"YAH! DAEHYUN!" Yongguk called out after him. Yongguk sighed and looked down to Youngjin, who was crying. He hugged Youngjin and rubbed his back, calming him down. "Do you want to tell me, what's happening?"
 
----------
 
Doctor Kim arrived at the house and ran in to see his mother on the floor. He immediately kneeled down besides her and did what he needed to do. In relief, she was still breathing, but he knew it would only last for a few days. He quietly cried and held her in his arms.
 
"Eomeoni," he softly cried, rocking back and forth. Soon then Daehyun ran in and stopped once he saw Doctor Kim. He looked back and saw Daehyun standing by the door.
 
"Who are you?" he asked as Daehyun, looked down and cleared his throat. "Are you perhaps the boy Mary met at the park?"
 
Daehyun slowly nodded and looked at Doctor Kim. "Why are you here?"
 
"Like you...I was worried," Daehyun replied as Doctor Kim nodded.
 
"Help me carry her to my car," Doctor Kim said and so Daehyun did. They laid her in the back seat and Doctor Kim got in the driver's seat. Daehyun just stood there. "Are you not getting in? We are going to the same place, right?"
 
Daehyun just looked at Doctor Kim, then slowly got in. He then drove off and the atmosphere was a bit awkward. They drove back to the hospital in complete silence.
 
----------
 
Zelo and Jongup sat in Mary's room, playing rock, paper, scissors when they heard a groan. They blinked at each other, then turned to look at Mary. She moved a bit, which made them jump up from their seat.
 
"Noona!" they both said and ran to her side.
 
"Are you feeling better?" Zelo asked.
 
"Do you feel pain?" Jongup asked as Mary, slowly opened her eyes.
 
"Zelo? Jonguppie?" she asked, only seeing their faces blur.
 
"Yes, it's us noona," Jongup said. "Junhong-ah, call Yongguk."
 
"Where's Daehyun?" Mary asked as Jongup exchanged looks with Zelo.
 
"He ran off. We don't know where he is," Jongup replied as Mary couldn't move. She could still feel her head hurt and her body hot.
 
"Can you give me a cup of water?" Mary asked as Jongup nodded.
 
----------
 
"Mary's awake," Yongguk said while reading a text from Zelo. "C'mon, let's got."
 
"Does Daehyun know?" Youngjae asked. Yongguk shook his head.
 
"Most likely not, he did run off," Yongguk said and held onto Youngjin's hand. "Shall we go see your noona?"
 
Youngjin nodded and so they headed to her room. Once they entered, Youngjin ran up to her. "Noona!"
 
She was sitting up and hugged Youngjin. "Where's appa and halmeoni?"
 
Youngjin looked up at Mary, then to his hyungs. "Should I tell her?"
 
Yongguk swallowed and nodded. Youngjin looked at Mary and sighed, "Halmeoni is sick."
 
"Sick?" Mary asked as Youngjin nodded. "How sick?"
 
"Mary..." Daehyun's voice was heard from the doorway. He entered and hung his head low. "Halmeoni...she can't fight her sickness for long..."
 
"What are you trying to say Daehyun?" she asked, with tears filling her eyes. Daehyun deeply exhaled and held onto his tears.
 
"What do you think I'm trying to say?" he asked as Mary shook her head.
 
"She can't...She can't!!" Mary shouted with tears falling down. Daehyun stared at Mary as she covered her face.
 
"Men live and die..." Daehyun said, trailing off. "You have to accept it Mary."
 
She tried to say something, but only cried harder. Daehyun went up to her and embraced her.
 
I didn't want to wake up to hear this. I didn't want to wake up at all!