Chapter 31

Life As A TS Trainee

3rd Person POV~

Mary had been practicing non-stop ever since she got back to her trainee life. It was the middle of summer now and the air was full of fresh smells. Secret had been busy with preparations for their comeback and BAP have also been busy with non-stop comebacks. During Mary's free time she either practiced harder or composed lyrics of remembrance of halmeoni and her trainee life.

"Let's just relax today, shall we?" Jay asked us while they were still stretching. "I think you guys have been working hard enough that you guys need a day of rest."

"But what about our debut?" Jihye asked.

"It's not until December, we still have time," Jay said with a smile and left the room. They all exchanged looks and didn't know what to do.

"I think we should continue to practice. This is our practice room, so no one will need it. We need more practice than we do of rest," Jihye said as they nodded.

"Can we at least get some snacks to eat?" Hyemi asked as the girls chuckled at her.

"After our practice today, I'll treat us for something delicious so work hard, got it?"

"YES~!" they all shouted at the leader.

"Then let's start!" Jihye shouted with a smile and blasted up the music. Jay looked through the little window and smiled.

"They must really want to become one of the best girl groups out there," he said, smiling to himself.

"What are you looking at?" Daehyun asked walking by.

"They have potential dont' they?" Jay asked as Daehyun looked throught the little window on the door to see Mary and her members practicing.

"Brings me back to the old days," Daehyun said with a smile. "I'm sure they'll get far."

"I know it," Jay said proud and looked at Daehyun. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing?"

"Yeah, but I want to stay for a bit and monitor them," Daehyun answered and shooed Jay away. Mary had noticed Daehyun at the door and smiled. He returned a smile and stayed just for a bit longer. Practice hard like this everyday then you'll be able to fully accomplish our promise and make halmeoni proud of you.

 

Mary's POV~
 
"Okay guys, lets wrap it up for today and finish up tomorrow," Jihye said breathing heavily. We all nodded and drunk a ton of water while packing up. Soon then the door opened and appeared Daehyun, making my heart pound of happiness. 
 
"Ouuu~ look who's here Mary," Hana sung and swayed past me. I giggled and looked up at Daehyun as he smiled too. 
 
"Please lock up after yourself Mary," Jihye said leaving with the others. I continued to pack up my duffle bag when Daehyun grabbed my hand. 
 
"I'll do it for you," he said with a sweet smile, making me blush like the old days. 
 
"It's fine oppa, I can do it," I said, but he shook a finger at me and put all my clothes in the bag. 
 
"I understand you're a girl, but why do you bring so many clothes for training?" Daehyun asked, now jamming all my clothes in my bag. 
 
"I may be a girl, but I do sweat a lot," I replied as he laughed. He swung the bag over his shoulder and held my hand, leading me out. 
 
"How's training?" he asked once we left the building. 
 
"It's great," I answered with a smile. "How's the idol life?"
 
"Tiring," he answered with a pout. "You don't know how much I want to see you, but I can't."
 
"Aigoo, this boy," I laughed and gently hit his head. 
 
"Well, I guess I'm gonna get going," he said and waved me good bye as I met up with Jonghwan. I opened the passenger door as he stopped me from going in. 
 
"Aren't you missing something?" he asked, making me blink at him. 
 
"What?" I asked looking at myself. 
 
"Isn't that your bag Daehyun's carrying?" he asked while rubbing his chin with a grin. I gasped and looked back to Daehyun, but he was gone. 
 
"What do I do?! Everything's in there!" I shouted, pulling my hair. He laughed and patted my back. 
 
"Go before the bus leaves," Jonghwan said and pushed me away, closing the passenger door. "Or before Daehyun leaves."
 
I looked back at him as he smiled and shooed me away. "Thanks for coming all the way here just to tell me this."
 
He knew I was saying it in a teasing manner and answered, "No problem. I'd go everywhere you go just to tell you you're missing something."
 
I stuck my tongue out at him and walked off. "You're better off running to the bus stop, it comes in 5 minutes and leaves right away!"
 
I heard him and took his advice, so I ran. The bus stop, honestly, wasn't that far actually, but the bus did come once I got there. I got on an saw Daehyun sitting all the way at the back. I walked up to him, breathless, and sat down. 
 
"You finally noticed," he said with a smirky smile. 
 
"You did it on purpose, huh?" I asked as he chuckled and looked at me. 
 
"Did what on purpose?" he asked all innocently and cute, making me cringe a bit. I giggled when he held my hand, making me blush once again. He pressed his nose against my cheek, then lightly kissed me. "Not only did I want to see you, but I wanted to kiss you again."
 
"That wasn't an actual kiss," I said as he smirked. "I shouldn't have said that..."
 
He leaned over me and gently laid his lips on mine, making my heart beat fast. The kiss then got deeper and a bit more rough, but it ended soon as the bus came to our stop. We both got off while handing hands. 
 
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow," he said, giving me a peck in the lips. 
 
"Maybe," I replied and lightly squeezed his hand before walking our own ways when I forgot something. "Oh, oppa!"
 
He turned around and looked at me. "My bag."
 
He sighed and smiled, "I was hoping you'd come all the way to the dorm and spend the night with me."
 
I rolled my eyes and took the bag from him. "Keep dreaming."
 
"I will," he said with a wink and we waved each other goodbye. Appa's house wasn't far from halmeoni's, so it wasn't a long walk home. I got home and saw appa and Youngjin asleep on the couch. I smiled and got a blanket to cover them. I turned off the TV and left the kitchen light on, heading into my room. I could still feel my face hot, red and my heart still pounding against my chest. I placed my hand over my chest when I felt a necklace. I smiled at the memories and rubbed the charm between my thumb and pointing finger. 
 
"Just a few more months then I'll be able to debut."