Chapter 22

Life As A TS Trainee

3rd Person POV~ **Eomeoni means mother formally speaking**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFJ_XtbwXc&feature=channel&list=UL Luna&Krystal-Calling Out

Mary pretty much had restless nights, always thinking about her grandmother's health and for trainee 24/7. She was on her way to the bus stop, but suddenly saw a familiar figure up ahead. It looked a lot like Jonghwan, but she let the idea go because he went back to the US, as she thought. She walked away to the bus stop, seeing Daehyun swaying back and forth on his heels, with his hands in his pockets. Mary softly smiled and approached him.

"Oppa," Mary said, making him turn to look at her. He smiled and waved.

"Good morning Mary," Daehyun said with a sweet smile. "Why aren't you wearing a scarf? It's cold."

He took off his scarf and wrapped it around her neck. "Thank you."

The bus came and they got on, sitting in silence the whole ride there.

------

Jonghwan walked around the streets of Seoul when he saw the bus go past, seeing Mary's face looking tired through the window. His heart broke a bit, but he wasn't able to do anything. I wonder how she's doing...

"Let's get going to the hospital Jonghwan," Minwoo said with bags of junk food. "The kids are waiting for us."

He nodded and they both headed to the hospital because they were volunteering there with the others. They entered the hospital and went straight into the playroom, where all the kids were.

"Hyung, look what I made you," a sweet boy said to Jonghwan, handing him a macaronni necklace.

"Uwah, thank you Shin," Jonghwan said while ruffling his hair, then lightly pecked his head. "I'll cherish it."

"Oppa, I made this for you too," a chubby, cute girl said handing Jonghwan a beaded braclete with his name on it.

"Awwh~ my Minju is too cute!" Jonghwan said and hugged her tight. "Oppa, will wear it everyday."

The girl kissed him on the cheek and ran off blushing. He chuckled when he saw an elder, who looked familiar to him. They both had eye contact and widened their eyes.

"Halmeoni..." Jonghwan softly said as she too was speechless.

------

"Mary, do it properly," Jay firmly said to her. She was sweating heavyly and was deeply breathing. "Start from the start again."

She obeyed and did the routine again, but with less power because she had lost all her energy to continue.

"Are you tired?" Jay asked her, putting his hands on his hips.

"No, I'm not," she softly said, avoiding eye contact.

"Then do it properly," he said and replayed the music. The other members stood on the sidelines, watching her.

"Did something happen to her?" Jihye whispered to Hana, worried.

"I don't know. She's been awfully quiet and distant lately. Even when I text her, she only replies with one word like 'okay' or 'I guess,'" Hand whispered back while observing her best friend. "I'm worried about her."

"We all are," Jihye replied and sighed.

"Forget it, just rest," Jay said giving up on Mary and left the practice room. Mary had sweat now dripping from her forehead and everything just seemed blurry to her. She took a seat and drunk a whole bottle of water in one chug.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Hyemi asked her, handing her a towel to wipe the sweat. Mary nodded and stared at the floor. "Just know we're always here for you."

She stayed quiet as Hyemi left to the other unnies. "I think we all should get a little vacation. I think we all need one, don't you think?"

"As much as we want to, we can't," Jihye replied. "We're preparing to debut this December after B.A.P finishes up their last promotion sometime in November."

"Debut?" the others asked as Jihye nodded.

"I've been informed about it already. Sometime next week we'll all discuss it as a group," she explained and looked at Mary. "The CEO plans to focus on B.A.P for most of this year."

--------

"It's official. January 26th is our debut date," Yongguk said to the other members. "Starting tomorrow, we'll start recording for our single album. We've been practicing for a good week and a half now on who gets what part. We should be set to go on recording and as for cheography, we still need more work."

The boys silently nodded. "I know we're all tired and exhausted, but our debut is coming up soon. We have to continue to work hard and show that we have potential."

"Easy for you to say, you've at least debuted 3 times," Youngjae muttered. Yongguk rolled his eyes and deeply inhaled, slowly exhaling.

"Let's just work hard. We're already this far, we can't give up now," Yongguk said and clapped his hands. "C'mon guys, let's start practice now."

Everyone got off from their seats except for Daehyun. He couldn't think of anything and of anyone else, other than Mary. She's been acting differently lately...things must be really bad for her.

"Daehyun, stop daydreaming and lets get to work," Yongguk demanded and so he got off his chair and stretched.

-------

"Why did you lie to us?" halmeoni asked Jonghwan as they were sitting in the hospital's cafeteria.

"I had no choice but to lie," he replied.

"But why? Did we do something wrong?" she asked him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Of course not, it's just...personal problems," he answered, looking down to his hands that laid in his lap. "How are you by the way?"

"Me? I could be better," she replied with a soft smile. "I don't have much time to live."

"Don't say that halmeoni," Jonghwan softly said.

"Then what am I suppose to say?" halmeoni softly laughed. "Jonghwan-ah, everyone lives and dies. My time is coming to an end and I have to accept that."

"Does Mary know?" he asked as she shook her head.

"I don't think she does, but I'll have to tell her sooner or later," she replied and had tears in her eyes.

"How is she anyways?" Jonghwan asked with a curious look. Halmeoni looked down to the cup of hot tea and sighed.

"She's been training so hard that she's barely home. I'm not even able to ask how her day is or how training went anymore. Once she comes home, she's exhausted and falls right asleep," she explained. "Sometimes I just want her to quit, but that wouldn't be right. She's already made it this far, she can't just quit now because of me."

Jonghwan stayed quiet and stared at his hands when someone walked up to them.

"Eomeoni," Doctor Kim said looking at her then to Jonghwan. "Oh, am I interrupting?"

"Eomeoni?" Jonghwan questioned, looking at Doctor Kim then to halmeoni. "What's going on?"

"Jonghwan, this is my one and only son, Minhyun," she answered as Jonghwan was processing some things in his head.

"If he's your only son then does that mean he's Mary's..." Jonghwan slowly said and rounded his eyes.