Chapter 1

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~ **Halmeoni means grandmother.**

I was standing on stage with all these chants and bright lights on me and my group. During the 2nd chorus it was my solo dance stage, so I nervously stood in the back to wait. I looked in the wave of jumping bodies to find one person, Youngjin. Looking through all these unfamiliar faces I finally found one that stood out to me. Youngjin was happily looking at me, proud. I gave a small wave and once my time was up, I was in the spotlight and did the routine I had come up with for this particular song not feeling a single bit of my nervousness take over. Once I started dancing, I felt powerful and alive especially when my brother was here to watch me and to give me strength. Suddenly I tripped on my foot and fell on the floor as the crowd grew silent, then laughter was heard followed by another. I closed my eyes in embarrassment and clenched my fists. 
 
"Noona..." I heard Youngjin's faint voice. "Noona..."
 
It grew louder and louder when I suddenly felt something jab my stomach. I immediately shot my eyes open and found myself in my room with Youngjin looking down at me while nibbling his silver spoon. 
 
"Noona, halmeoni told you to wake up and eat breakfast before you head off to the audition," he said as I widened my eyes and looked over to the clock that read 7:16AM. 
 
 
"Oh crap, I'm late!" I yelled and kicked the sheets off the bed. "Youngjin, prepare me a PB&J sandwich while I go get ready!"
 
"What am I, your slave?" he asked with a pout. 
 
"Just go," I said in a rush and slammed the bathroom door shut. "Ahh~ the last time I went late to an audition I was automatically disqualified. Hopefully this time I won't!"
 
After my daily routine, I quickly grabbed my backpack and the sandwich Youngjin made me, then kissed him and my grandmother's head before heading off. I ran to the bus stop and was just in time, before it left me. I bit my bottom lip and mouthed the words to the song I was auditioning with, which was Insooni's A Goose's Dream. Once I was in the area of the company, I ran into the building and bumped into a person. I was too much in a rush to say sorry or to even look up, instead I ran to the audtion waiting room which was filled with other teenagers; I wouldn't say I'm considered a teen anymore, more like a young adult. I took a seat and nervously fiddled with my fingers when a young girl came and sat next to me. 
 
"Nervous I'm guessing?" she asked as I gave a faint smile and nodded. "I am too. I've auditioned to so many companies, but was turned down by all. I just hope I don't fail this one."
 
"Same," I said as we both giggled. "My name's Mary by the way."
 
"I'm Hana," she replied and gave me a beautiful, perfect smile. "What companies did you try out for?"
 
"Well, I only auditioned to one and that one was SM," I said with a sheepish grin. She laughed and I swear it was the cutest thing ever. 
 
"I failed that entertainment too, but SM is a pretty hard company to get into," she said as I nodded. We chatted for a little longer when it was my turn to audtion. 
 
"Hwaiting!" she said and pumped her fist up as I giggled. 
 
"Thank you," I said and went to the room. I inhaled and exhaled deeply before turning the door knob and entering, seeing 3 judges I'm guessing. 
 
"Hello, you must be Kim Mary am I right?" the older one of the 3 asked as I shyly nodded. "You may begin then."
 
I cleared my throat and took in another deep breath before slowly letting it out. I began singing and at first it was shaky, but I was beginning to grow my confidence and sung louder with a stronger tone. The old man raised his hand to stop me from singing and they all smiled at me. 
 
"You have a beautiful voice," he said as I smiled and bowed. "Now let's see your dancing skills."
 
I loosened myself and the song began playing. I was doing a freestyle dance and I looked at the judges faces, they looked pretty amazed and I knew that I was in. Once the music had stopped, I was panting for air and looked at them for a response. 
 
"Thank you Mary. You may step out now," the old man said as I stood there dumbfounded. 
 
"T-that's it?" I asked as I mentally face-palmed myself on why I said that. They exchanged looks, then turned their attention to me. "Does that mean I didn't make it?"
 
The old man smiled and stood up walking over to me, "We'll contact you sometime today or tomorrow to talk to you about your training."
 
"So that means..." I said trailing off as he smiled and nodded. "AAHHHHHH~!"
 
He scrunched his face and plugged his ears as I gasped and apologized for screaming. I smiled widely and hugged him, thanking him a thousand times. 
 
"Congratulations Mary, you're one of the trainees in TS entertainment and you should at least get to know the CEO," he said as I let go and sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck. 
 
"And who may the CEO be?" I asked as he raised an eyebrow that said 'seriously child?' I gasped and widened my eyes. "Y-you're the...omg, you're....T-TaeSung, the CEO!!!"
 
He laughed and patted my back, "You may take this shock outside of the room while we continue with others' audition."
 
I frantically nodded and bowed, taking my leave. I met up with Hana as she grabbed both my shoulders.
 
"How did it go? Did it not go too well because you were sure taking a long time in there," she said as I hadn't closed my mouth yet. "Did you not get accepted."
 
I looked to her and a smile appeared on my face, "I'm a trainee!!!"
 
"Chincha?! Ahh~ congrats!!" she said and hugged me when her name was called. "Wish me luck."
 
"Hwaiting Hana," I said with aegyo and she entered the room. 
 
"Finally, I get to achieve my dream as a singer," I said and smiled to myself, feeling my heart race of happiness. I touched the necklace I received from a past friend, whom I haven't seen in years. "I wonder if he's been able to reach his goal and dream as a singer."