Chapter 07

Living in Fears

 

“Victoria unnie!” Amber shouted at the incoming girl from the door.  This time Victoria decided to meet at a public place in the day time and getting rid of all the bodyguards. But of course Victoria isn’t by herself, her bodyguards were just watching after her from a far distance.

Victoria looked around the cafe once she heard her name and spotted Amber at the corner waving her hand. She walked up there and sat in front of Amber. They had a small how-are-you conversation. Once she was settled a waitress came over and she ordered a cappuccino then they waited until her ordered came to start the real talking about what happened in Shanghai.

“I was supposed to contact you earlier but I couldn’t spare some time. Anyways Henry have already reported back to me about the situation that happened in Shanghai and also about Lee Joon’s death.” Victoria said as she put two tea spoon of sugar and stirred her cup of cappuccino. She then continued “Did Lee Joon say anything before he died?” Lee Joon still has the 10 million worth of that was stolen from the Blue Dragons, to Victoria Lee Joon’s death wasn’t important but what he stolen was what Victoria needed back. She needs to find the drugs back so she could account with the elders in Blue Dragons.

Amber trailed the edge of the cup with her index finger while looking at it “Key was the last one with him and he’s been in a depression mood since Lee Joon’s death.” She then straighten her back up and leaned back on the chair.

Victoria nodded as she understood how Key is feeling. Amber have mention before that they dated when they were having a casual conversation. Losing someone you love is painful just like how she almost lost Nickhun. “Do you have any ideas what kind of people would have killed him?” Victoria tries moving to a different direction to investigate where the drugs must be hidden.

Swallowing down a mouth full of her favourite black coffee Amber replied “I don’t know but I don’t think Lee Joon’s death has anything to do with the cops or Black Tops.” To Amber Black Tops wouldn’t just killed Lee Joon like that they would at least take him back to their headquarter and torture him before killing him. It was also a mystery how Lee Joon could sneak off to Shanghai when all the Blue Dragons members were hunting him.

Victoria frowned, she leaned her elbow on the table and thinking aloud “Does that mean another group was after Lee Joon? Who could it be?” After a few seconds she leaned back and said “Amber you don’t need to worry about this yet. I’ll get Jonghyun and Henry to investigate on this. The cops are watching you at the moment so just do what you normally do.”

Amber nodded then for the hour they had a little friendly chat, talking about random things like Victoria’s puppy which was named ‘Babo Khun’, her only company whenever she feels lonely and when she thinks of her husband.

After parting with Victoria Amber decided to head back to Hearts early. Being absent at the club for a few days she really needs to catch up on all the paper works and think of ways to release all the ecstasy as soon as possible that was seated in her office’s safe. To her surprise she found Key already there taking care of the club. He was at the bar fixing up the alcohol bottles and refilling the empty bottles. Amber motioned towards the bar and sat on the stool in front of Key.

“Yo! I’ve created this new drink do you want to try it?” Key turned around once he heard someone sat down and he put on a smiley face.

Amber just nodded. She quietly observed Key as he mixed the drinks together trying to work out if he is really fine. Key concentrated on mixing the drink he placed the cream, amaretto, Baileys, Tia Maria and ice in the jug of a blender and blended it until it was smooth. Afterward he served in a glass cup placing chocolate topping on the top, the chocolate topping created a nice patterning which made the drink looks more attractive. Satisfied with the drink he mixed he smiled to himself as he placed it right in front of Amber.

“Try it. Creamy Mocha Cocktail, I think the girls would love it.” He winked.

Seeing Key’s expected face Amber just took the drink in hand and tasted it. It had a strong taste of mocha which she liked but also the taste of alcohol mixed together. She took another mouth full of it as she once tasted the drink again. Eyeing at Amber Key waited for Amber’s opinion.

“This is good!” Amber said with eyes widen. A smile was then formed on Key’s face as his release a sign of relief. “I see you’re completely fine now.” Amber finally able to spits the words that she wants to ask after observing Key’s actions.

“Honestly I’m not but I had enough of being all gloomy. I’ve encountered many difficulties in my life already and I still can happily move on. So dude don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” Key gave Amber a reassuring smile and a pat on the shoulder.

“Enough of me let’s talk about you. Who’s Krystal? I saw a new name on your contact list.” His smile was now turned into a devilish smirk.

Amber cursed under her breath as she assumes Key must have looked at her phone again. This action of his wasn’t something new, it happened before but luckily there wasn’t anything private that Amber couldn’t let him know. Speaking of Krystal it has been 4 days already since she last saw her. It then strikes in her head that she forgot to call Krystal for the dinner she promised to take her. The things she had to settle back down had just occupied her whole brain.

“Crap! I forgot to call her.” Amber accidentally said it a loud letting all the employees to hear her, they all stopped their actions and turned to where the sound came from.

“Oh no... Better call her now she might think you’re not interested in her anymore.” Key smirked as he pushes Amber away from the bar. It’s not easy for Amber to open up her heart for someone that is why up to now Amber has never tasted love before. Although there are many girls who have flaunt over Amber but they never succeed in taking her heart. Key sensed this girl name Krystal might be a special one.

Amber then head back to her office where she could fine quietness, she took her phone out and scrolled her long list of contacts then stopped on the name “Krystal”. She felt a little nervous, she wasn’t prepared at all and she didn’t know what to say either when the call connects. She paused on the call button for a few seconds before pressing it with her thumb.

----------------------------------------------

It has been 4 days already since the meeting with Amber, after parting Krystal could never get her mind off her phone. She became quite sensitive with ringtones whenever she hears one ringing even if it’s not her own ringtone. Every time she would feel a little disappointment whenever she looks at her own phone finding that she had no calls, no text message or no missed calls.

She grabbed the phone tightly as she sighed heavily.

“Am I just getting a little too impatient? It’s just 4 days. Maybe she’s busy and forgot to call me.” She made excuses for Amber and tried thinking positively not wanting the negatives to overtake her thoughts. She threw her phone down beside her and dropped her body down on her bed. She buried her head in her pillow and muffled her hair as she let out a small scream through the pillow. Suddenly her phone rang. Her body quickly jolt up and reached for the ringing phone. Without looking at the caller Id she immediately pressed the answer button.

“Hello!” She said with an excited tone.

“Hey Soojung! It’s me Sulli, are you free now do you want to go shopping together?” Immediately Krystal drop her body back down with disappointment.

“Soojung? You there?” Sulli questioned as there was no responses.

“I’m here and yes I am free right now.”

After hanging the phone up Krystal dragged her disappointed body up and got changed into her outgoing clothing. She just randomly picked an oversize t-shirt, black short jeans and a pair of sneakers. She got to the meeting up destination which was the shopping centre, there she saw Sulli wearing a pretty light blue dress with some random patterns and flats since she’s already tall enough.

“Soojung!” Sulli shouted in excitement once she saw the girl she’s meeting.

“Hey Sulli can you stop calling me Soojung it feels weird. I haven’t been called that for years.” Krystal walked up to where Sulli was and was uncomfortable about hearing her old name being called.

“Alright... Alright... Let’s go shopping!” Sulli laughed and dragged Krystal by the arm to the store that she saw which was on sale.

They shopped for a total of 5 hours, for each store they at least stayed for 30 minutes. But it was more of a shopping day for Sulli rather than Krystal as Krystal was just being drag by the arm whenever Sulli had finish looking at one store. Sulli was the one hands filled with shopping bags while Krystal hands were empty except for her handbag. It’s not like Krystal doesn’t like shopping in fact she love it but her mind was occupied with something else and she kept glancing at her phone every minute. Sulli finally got exhausted and suggested to take a rest at a restaurant and to eat something as she burned a lot of energy from walking and carrying all those shopping bags. They entered a Korean restaurant and took a seat near the windows where they could observe the pedestrians. Sulli sat down and immediately drop her shopping bags on the floor and quickly headed for the water that the waitress gave. She thirstily gulp a cup of water down her thirsty throat in one go.

“What’s wrong Krystal? Are you sick or something?” Sulli finally asked, she notice Krystal wasn’t feeling right when they met but Sulli ignored it as she was eager to shop.

“It’s nothing I’m just not in the mood.” She had her hand under her chin and elbow leaned on the table.

“Why? Waiting for your boyfriend to call?” Sulli teased as she notices Krystal kept glancing at her phone when they were shopping.

Sulli’s question startled Krystal, she jumped out of her position looking shocked “What are you talking about I don’t have a boyfriend.” She stuttered a little. She then calmed down thinking why is she reacting like Amber is her boyfriend?

Whether Krystal was telling the truth or not, Sulli didn’t care but she sensed that Krystal might be in love from all the little reactions she saw earlier. She eyed at Krystal with a your-in-love look which made Krystal feels uncomfortable. Krystal tried looking at the menu so she could avoid Sulli’s stares and it worked as the menu covered her entire face. Sulli wasn’t going to let her go that easily but before she could start teasing the girl again her phone rang. Krystal jolted as she threw the menu away, the menu landed straight in front of Sulli. Krystal hurriedly reached for her phone in her handbag and pressed the answer button once she got a hold of her phone.

“Hello!?” Krystal had the same expression she had earlier when answering Sulli’s call.

“My baby cousin! How are you, want to dinner with me tonight?” Jessica shouted through the phone on the opposite side.

Again, Krystal was disappointed. She sighed and replied back “Sorry I can’t tonight.” With that she ended the conversation with Jessica. She sighed once again as she placed her phone on the table.

“Aww... Not the person you want?” Sulli questioned in a teasing way. She couldn’t help but to put on this amusing grin on her face when she saw Krystal’s disappointing face.

Krystal’s phone rang again, this time Krystal didn’t react like how she was before she can’t handle another disappointment, so instead she lazily grabbed the phone and answered it with a dead voice.

“Hi, this is um... Amber.” Upon hearing Amber’s voice Krystal immediately straighten her back.

“Amber! Ah... Hi.” Krystal tried not to sound too happy like she’s been longing for her call.

“Sorry I called late I had things to handle so...”

“It’s okay, I understand.”

There was a few seconds of silence as Amber was thinking how she should start off the sentence inviting the girl to dinner and Krystal was waiting for Amber to speak. “Yeah, remember I still owe you dinner as an apology, are you available this Saturday night?” The tomboy finally put her words into sentence.

The grin on Krystal’s face unintentionally formed as her inner self was jumping up and down in enjoyment. Bitting on her lips trying to stop herself looking too happy in front of Sulli she replied “Saturday is fine.”

“That’s cool. How about 6am and you text me your address and I’ll come to pick you up?”

She could her heart pounding rapidly while listening to Amber’s husky voice “Okay.” That was all she could say before ending the conversation. The grin spreading across her face could not be stopped anymore so she just let it out.

“So the guy is called Amber huh? But isn’t that kind of a girly name for a guy? And is he American? He got an English name.” Sulli bombarded Krystal with questions immediately.

Krystal never thought about Amber’s name maybe she got used to having friends with English names so she didn’t think much about it. Now that Sulli mentioned it maybe she could start off a conversation with this question on the night they meet.

Sulli clicked her fingers in front of Krystal’s face trying to bring her back to reality. “Heeellloooo!! Krystal back to earth please!”

“Ah, Sorry.... I dozed off.”

“You didn’t answer my questions.”

“Amber is a girl and she’s just a friend.” Krystal denies the fact she has feelings for this tomboy because she wouldn’t want Sulli to think weirdly of her.

“You don’t have to hide it, I have an open mind I can accept friends who are lesbian.” Sulli showed her usual smile which gave Krystal a feeling that it’s not weird to love a girl.

“Alright Soojung, let’s order and then more shopping. You got to pick a new dress for the date.” The girl punched her fist in the air and Krystal pouted hearing her old name again.

Sulli was still the same old Jinri.