Chapter 10

Living in Fears

Krystal sighed as she walks through the hallway carrying a pile of books. Her mind was filled with Amber’s shadow and how they haven’t contact each other ever since the dinner.


“I thought we’re going to meet again...” Krystal mumbled under her breath.

“Looks like someone is depress from not seeing someone.” Sulli suddenly appeared out of nowhere next to Krystal which made Krystal jumped in surprise.

“Soojung tell me everything that happened during your dinner date, I was holding in not to ask you because I knew I would get too excited then I won’t be able to concentrate of my quiz.”

“It started off awkward...” Krystal then told briefly what happened during the dinner date she want to keep the details to herself only.

“Sorry Soojung I didn’t want to make it awkward for you.” Sulli apologised as she felt guilty for causing the awkwardness between the two.

Krystal didn’t blame Sulli for the awkwardness she know Sulli was just helping her out. She did get complemented from Amber on that night and they had a great time together.

They didn’t get to talk much and Sulli didn’t have time to hunt Krystal down for more information about the date since she was on the way to her next class. But she just couldn’t hold her curiosity in when she accidentally bump into Krystal. When Sulli left Krystal was back to her depressed self.

Suddenly she crashed something hard which felt like a human being, the pile of books she was holding drop onto the ground and she immediately apologised for her clumsiness. She quickly squad down to pick up the books and found the person she bumped onto was helping out. She finally look up and saw a familiar face.

“Thanks... You’re...?” Krystal couldn’t quite remember where she saw this guy but definitely have met him before.

“No worries. It’s my pleasure to help such a pretty girl.” The guy replied back while handing back her books that he picked up.

He smiled and went pass Krystal, Krystal froze on the spot still trying to remember where she have seen him. It took Krystal about 10 seconds to remember, when she did she immediately turn around and chase after the guy.

“Excuse you’re a friend of Amber, right?”

He stayed silent and studied at Krystal for a long 10 seconds.

“Krystal Jung?” Krystal was surprise that he knew her name but also mean Krystal didn’t get the wrong person.

The person suggested they go to the nearest cafe at uni to have a chat and of course Krystal did not refuse since if she wants to know more about Amber her only choice was to ask someone who is close with her. They sat down at an empty table and the person ordered to drinks for them.

“Oh I haven’t introduce myself yet, I’m Key. Amber’s best buddy!” Key said with enthusiasm.

“Nice meeting you, I’m Krystal.”

“I know.” Key smiled as he picks up his drink.

“Are you also a student here?” Krystal questioned.

“No, I just come here to find Amber and to meet new people.” Key replied back as he put on an amuse look.

“Ah I see...” Krystal then start fiddling with her cup she was having a hard time how to start questioning about Amber since this person may know everything.

Key leaned back as he enjoys the scene of Krystal struggling. He smiled then it turned out a big burst out laugh. He held on his stomach as he laughed his hardest while Krystal had a blank expression.

“Sorry... It’s just your expression just then was really cute.” Key tried to holds his laughter but fails to. “Sorry... You know Amber often tells me about you. No wait... More like I haunt her to tell me about it.”

“She did? What did she say about me?”

“A lot... But I can’t tell you, if you want to know you gotta ask her yourself.” Krystal showed a disappointed look, then Key continued “But I can help you.” Key knew they haven’t seen each other after that night, the thing he only can do to help was to make them meet again. Without telling Krystal how he can help Key dialled Amber’s number.

“Yah! I know you’re at uni now come to the Riverside cafe otherwise I’ll annoy the hell out of you tonight.” Without letting Amber to reply back he hung up.

Krystal blinked in surprise and during the time they wait for Amber to arrive they talked about random things but it still revolves around Amber.


Amber knew it’s really bad if Key annoys her so in her fastest pace she walks to the Riverside cafe. Once she got inside she spotted Key and Krystal together. She was shock, surprise and her heart skipped a beat. She wasn’t prepared to face Krystal again and of course she was still puzzled with her feelings. But nevertheless she walks up to the two who have spotted her ever since she step in the cafe.

“Gosh! What took you so long.” Key was the first to spoke, he jolt up from his seat and pulled Amber down to the seat beside Krystal. “Since you’re here I can go now, it was nice meeting you Krystal and Amber...” Key eyed Amber using Chinese so that Krystal doesn’t understand he gave Amber his last words “You got to fight for your own happiness.” Key’s words sank into Amber’s heart and those words somehow have encouraged Amber to speak her heart out.

“Eh... I just met Key oppa in the hallway today and somehow I remember he’s your friend and he...” Krystal started explaining how she was with Key but Amber had no intention to know and even cut her sentence off.

“Krystal there’s something I want to tell you.” Amber faced Krystal and finally got the courage to speak up.

Krystal’s heart began thumping rapidly, she is both excited and anticipated on what Amber is going to say. Hopefully it’ll be something like “I love you”, “I like you” or “Be my girlfriend”. Since the cafe was a bit noisy they left to a quieter place, a place where there’s nobody except the two.

“I don’t know how to describe what I’m feeling towards you but I felt warm and felt like I’m a better person whenever I’m with you.” Amber finally confessed her true feelings, after being said it wasn’t that hard to spit it out.

Krystal’s heart thumped even more rapidly, there weren’t any words like “love” or “like” but she felt butterflies in her stomach. The two just stared at each other with Amber eagerly waiting for an answer.

But when Amber didn’t receive any reply, she felt a tint of disappointment inside “Gah! You probably feel disgusted now about having such feeling for another girl but...”

Before Amber could finish her sentence Krystal took the initiative and pressed her lips onto Amber’s. The feelings that have been bottled up inside Krystal have finally exploded, she have been waiting to hear something like this ever since she confirmed her true feelings. Amber was taken aback from Krystal’s sudden action but after settling herself down she responded back the kiss. They hugged each other tightly and the kiss lasted for quite a long period without having any interruptions. Their lips separated and they panted heavily with eyes not leaving one another.

“I love you Amber.” Krystal confessed.

“Krystal...” Krystal immediately sealed Amber’s lips again with her own.

“I know you’re unsure what you’re feeling right now but I can wait and when you’re confident I want to hear those 3 words back.” Krystal smiled with her sweetest smile and the two hugged each other tightly again.