Chapter 16

Living in Fears

 

Ever since that night Amber didn’t come back to Krystal, no phone calls nor text messages. Whenever Krystal tried to call Amber, Amber would never pick up the phone. It’s been 2 days and Krystal was extremely worried if something had happened to Amber. After all Amber is a member of the Blue Dragons. But all she could do was waiting at her place for her girlfriend to come back.

 

The ringtone of Krystal’s phone was heard, running out from the bathroom Krystal immediately answers it.

 

“AMBER?” She shouted through the phone without even looking at the caller ID.

 

“…It’s me Donghae.”

 

“Oh… Oppa….” She answered in a depressed voice.

 

“Krystal come back home I know where you are. It’s not safe to be with Amber anymore so come back.” Donghae said in a worrisome tone.

 

“Oppa… what are you talking about?” Her voice trembled a little thinking what could have happened to Amber ever since she left that night.

 

Donghae sighed before telling his precious little cousin what is happening. “Everyone in Blue Dragons is hunting for her they want her dead.”

 

When she heard the last word she froze and the phone slid in between her face and hand before dropping onto the floor. Donghae’s voice echoed out from the speakers but Krystal was too shock to listen to anything else. The exact feeling and reaction happened again like the time she heard about Yiyun’s unconfirmed death.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

In the usual time Sulli was in Mr. Horvejkul’s room to give him the daily massage. While giving Mr. Horvejkul a massage on the arm Sulli kept looking at the door. She wondered if Mrs. Horvejkul, Victoria unnie is coming today. After seeing Victoria that day Sulli went to nurse Eunjeong and asked about her, according what nurse Eunjeong said Victoria usually comes every day to see her husband and it’s usually this time.

 

The daily massage routine was almost done and Sulli still see no sight of the older girl. She gently tucked Mr. Horvejkul’s right leg under the blanket before leaving the room with a depressing face.

 

“Maybe she didn’t remember me.” She mumbled to herself on the way to her next patient.

 

*Flashback*

 

It was Sulli’s first day as a trainee at the hospital. Her cheerful personality, cute face and her enthusiasm of working had already liked by all the staffs and patients. Since it was her first day her supervisor nurse Eunjeong went easy on her by not stressing the new trainee by giving her annoying patients which usually happens to trainees. Her shift ended quickly since she was enjoying it too much. With the other trainees and some senior nurses, they all went to a bar to celebrate the first day of the trainees.

 

Since some of the nurses still have shifts tomorrow so all they ordered was beer where the alcohol level is low. They were happily chit chatting trying to get to know each other better so they can communicate better during work. As time is ticking, one by one left the bar leaving Sulli and her supervisor nurse Eunjeong.

 

“Sulli are you sure you’re fine getting home by yourself I can ask my boyfriend to drive you home?” Nurse Eunjeong asks in a worrisome tone.

 

It was getting late and for a girl going home by herself was dangerous.

 

“I’ll be fine my house is far. I’ll call my father’s driver to pick me up.” Sulli smiled reassuring the older girl that she’s going to be fine.

 

As the caring senior Eunjeong was going to wait with Sulli until her father’s driver comes and pick her up but when her boyfriend calls Sulli quickly urges her senior to leave. With Sulli constant saying she’ll be fine and her boyfriend’s urging calls Eunjeong left the bar leaving Sulli alone. Since Sulli don’t have any shifts tomorrow so she ordered another bottle of beer while waiting for her ride. Half way of her drink two drunken guys came over and sandwiched Sulli.

 

“Hey pretty girl why so lonely? Why don’t you join us for a drink?” One of the guys said and puts his arm around Sulli’s shoulder.

 

Sulli didn’t say anything she tried pushing the guys away that kept rubbing against her but she lacks strength. They were making quite a scene at the bar but like something that happened every day, nobody cares and bothers to help. Sulli kept struggling and shouting “don’t” and “help” but it was useless. One of the guys even started caressing Sulli’s thigh but before the guy could go any further a strong hand grip that dirty hand.

 

“Hey … argh!!!!” Before that guy could finish off his sentence painful screams was coming from his mouth.

 

The guy who helped Sulli twisted his hand and pin the guy onto the sofa like a piece of cake. The other guy who sat next Sulli instantly became awake from being drunk. He had a frighten face and jump out of the couch running away. The guy let go of his hand and the other ran away immediately holding onto his sore arm. Sulli was stunned by the scene but immediately thanked her savoir.

 

“Don’t thank me thank my boss.” Taecyeon said and pointed at Victoria who has been sitting at the bar table the whole time.

 

Sulli followed Taecyeon’s pointed direction which led to a beautiful long hair women sitting by herself at the bar table. She slowly walks towards her real savoir.

 

“Thank you for saving me.” She bowed even though she was facing her back.

 

“Come sit here.” Victoria patted the stool next to her.

 

Sulli hesitated a bit before taking a move and sat on the stool beside Victoria. Slowly she turns her head sideway looking at her face. She was stunned by her beautiful side profile and she couldn’t take her eyes off that face.

 

Victoria poured another glass of her already opened red wine and slides the glass to Sulli. “Here.” She said facing the girl this time.

 

Sulli took the glass of wine and drank it. They were enjoying the chit chatting together. After a few glasses Sulli begin to feel light headed and whatever happened afterward she had no idea. All she knows was she woke up with a heavy headache, muscle pain, and her clothes scattered everywhere on the floor. But no one was in the room except herself. She looks around and found a piece of paper.

 

Something happened so I had to leave before you could wake up.

But anyways last night was fun.

 

It was short and simple, no name and no contact number.  Sulli scrunched the piece of paper and threw it on the floor. Yes, she knows what it means when someone just left without leaving any information of them it means they won’t meet again.

 

 

 

Sulli continued her days as a trainee her workload has gotten heavier that she even forgot what happened that night and the face of that girl she slept with. Her good performance has earned Eunjeong’s trust to handling more patients to her. She was assigned to take care of a patient who is in coma for 2 years but she never thought this patient would bring her to seeing that person again.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Sulli thought it was just a night with Victoria and nothing else. But when she saw her again and heard about her from other nurses Sulli couldn’t help herself but to be curious about this mysterious girl she slept with.

 

She cannot deny the fact that she wants to see her again.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Krystal woke up with puffy red swollen eyes again she got up from the spacious bed that used to be occupied by another girl. She’s been sobbing for days waiting for Amber to come back and disconnected with the outside world. She didn’t attend to any classes and didn’t answer any phone calls. Even if the door bell continued to ring Krystal ignored it. But she know it’s time to stop not only she’s hurting herself more but she’s also hurting the ones that care about her like her parents and Donghae.

 

She drag her legs to the bathroom, looking in the mirror she saw her terrible pale face still stained with tears from last night. She quickly washes her face and washes herself up ready to go to class.

 

When she got to class all her friends gathered around her with a wide smile. They were so happy to see Krystal since Krystal was absent during the days she hurt her ankle and the recent absents. Seeing how everyone cared about her she manage to force a smile.

 

Even though Krystal was attending her class but her heart and mind wasn’t present. She was still thinking about Amber and how she can find her where about. Class ended as Krystal’s mind was occupied with Amber. Her other classes end up being the same. She wasn’t herself the entire day. When her last class ended she quickly pack her books away and left the university. Amber never really mentions any of her friends before and the only one she could go to is Key. She head straight to Hearts, the place she first met Amber and Key. She entered the club eying the bar but no sight of Key, she then walks up the stairs and from a distance she peeked in the office. No one was there. She stayed at the club for a few hours and left disappointedly.

 

Traveling back to Amber’s apartment when she was outside she suddenly found the door slightly opened. She clearly remembered that she has locked it properly. She quickly barge inside and found everything messed up. Sofa was flipped upside down, cushions were rip and thrown on the floor. The drawers in the kitchen were opened and food was scattered everywhere.  She quickly ran to the bedroom and found it messier than the living room. All the clothes were messily scattered on the floor and the drawers were all opened. It seem like a burglar have entered the house. Krystal didn’t know what to do it’s her first time encountered such situation. The first person she thought of calling for help was Donghae.

 

An hour later Donghae came along with a few policemen following behind him.

 

“Krystal, are you hurt?” Donghae asked with a worrisome face.

 

Krystal shook her head. The police then asked Krystal a few questions about the situation. While Krystal was waiting for Donghae to arrive she has checked that all her expensive belongings and cash are still there and nothing was missing.  Since this is Amber’s apartment Donghae have already guessed that the burglar is not after the money but something else important. It must be related to the recent events that happened in Blue Dragons.

 

They left the place after a few hours of speculation and questioning. Donghae tried convincing Krystal to go back home but Krystal intend to stay and wait for Amber. Staying at Amber’s apartment is already unsafe but no matter what Donghae said Krystal wouldn’t listen. So Donghae just left and hope he’ll convince Krystal again after the girl has calm down.

 

Once the place is back to Krystal herself, she slowly picks everything up and tidies the mess. She starts cleaning the bedroom first since she’ll be sleeping there. She picks up the clean clothes of hers and Amber’s and neatly putting them back in the wardrobe. When all the clothes are tidied neatly she starts tidying the drawers. In the drawers was some old photos of Amber and Key, looking at the photos a sudden smile appeared on Krystal’s face. She neatly places them back in one pile and then she saw a box. Causally she opened it but was astonished by the item inside.

 

“This is…” She picks up the familiar necklace and ring out from the box.

 

“Oh my god!” She covers with her hands.

 

“Yiyun…”

 

Tears starts flowing out from her two eyes and many thoughts ran through inside her head. She wants to see Amber immediately and ask her questions about this necklace. Is Yiyun still alive? Yiyun is Amber? Those sorts of questions kept popping up in Krystal’s mind.  There are no words for Krystal to describe what she’s feeling right now. She held tight onto the necklace and tries to calm herself down in thinking properly. Suddenly she remembered that day when she brought Amber to visit Sister Mary, after coming back from the bathroom she saw Amber’s eyes all red. She was about to ask what happened but only to be interrupted by Sister Mary enthusiasm greeting then the question just slips out from her head.

 

Krystal quickly wipes the tears away from her face, grabbing her handbag and safely putting the necklace inside she immediately head out to the door. She needs to find out the truth and the only person she could ask right now is Sister Mary. She ignored how late it was at this time and proceeds to find Sister Mary. Outside on the street she stood there alone waiting for a taxi to pass by but unfortunately it was too late and not even one single car was seen driving. She quickly took her phone out there was no one else but Donghae she could call. Thirty minutes later Donghae came and Krystal quickly hops inside. They reach to Sister Mary’s house faster than usual since the road is pretty much empty. Krystal kept banging on the door until Sister Mary opens it.

 

“Sister Mary please tells me honestly is Amber Yiyun?” She eagerly asks.

 

Sister Mary was now wide awake from the sudden question that she promised to keep. “Come in first and we’ll talk about it.” She welcomed Krystal and Donghae inside since it’s cold outside.

 

The two walk inside and sat at the dining table. Sister Mary poured two glass of warm water and hand them to Krystal and Donghae.

 

“Tell me Sister Mary. Is it true that Amber is Yiyun?” Krystal eagerly asked. The tears she’s been holding back starts flowing again.

 

Seeing the tears coming out from the poor girl Sister Mary quickly handed a tissue to the girl. She sighed before speaking. “The truth cannot be hidden anymore.”

 

“Yes, Amber is Yiyun and Yiyun is Amber.” Sister Mary finally said.

 

“Why? Why didn’t she tell me? Why didn’t you tell me?” Krystal cried louder. She was grabbing onto Sister Mary’s shoulders shaking her back and forth.

 

“Krystal calm down you’re hurting Sister Mary.” Donghae finally spoke and moved Krystal’s hands away from Sister Mary.

 

“I guess she wants to wait for the right time to tell you. Yiyun loves you a lot otherwise she wouldn’t give up that spot for you.” Sister Mary held tight onto Krystal’s hands trying to calm the young girl down.

 

“What spot? What are you talking about?” Krystal suddenly stops crying and look up facing Sister Mary with a confused look.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Looks like it’s just myself now.” Yiyun sighed as she whispered to herself and a drop of tear fell down.

 

Sister Mary approached Yiyun and hugged her tightly. She patted the girl’s head and sighed. “You’re such a silly girl.”

 

“Why did you beg Mr. And Mrs. Jung to adopt Soojung you know they were actually interested in adopting you first?”

 

The truth was Mr. And Mrs. Jung was in a dilemma in whether choosing Yiyun or Soojung. Yiyun portrayed as a strong girl which earned the like from Mr. Jung. While Soojung was cute like a little princess that earned the like from Mrs. Jung. Adopting the two was impossible for them so they can only choose one out of the two.

 

While the adults was discussing at the office during class time, on the way back from the bathroom Yiyun overheard their conversation. From that moment onwards Yiyun has made up her mind in begging them to adopt Soojung. As much as it hurts to be parting away from Soojung, her beloved Soojung, but it was only for the best for them two.

 

“I just want Soojung to live a happy life.” Yiyun softly spoke trying to hold her tears.

 

Sister Mary was shock by the words she heard from this girl. Although Yiyun is still young but never she thought she’s that considerate to Soojung.

 

Yiyun must love Soojung a lot.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

More tears kept flowing out and she can feel her heart aching from the words Sister Mary said. Inside her heart she starts blaming herself for causing Amber into such situation. If it weren’t for herself Amber wouldn’t have to suffer in China. If it weren’t for herself Amber wouldn’t had to join Blue Dragons and if it weren’t for herself Amber would live a happy life.

 

The truth has finally revealed.

 

Krystal collapsed on the table crying her heart out.

 

“This time I’m not going to leave you.” Those words suddenly echoed in Krystal’s head again. She remembered Amber said those words when everyone was escaping away from My Heaven. Although Amber could run away but she stayed behind with her. Now that Krystal knows Amber is Yiyun she finally understood the meaning of those words.

 

Only if she knew earlier maybe everything might turn out differently.