Chapter 15

Living in Fears

 

In Victoria’s office at the Blue Dragons’ headquarter the boss of Blue Dragons has gather her men for a sudden meeting. Amber, Key and Jonghyun all gathered around.

 

“I’m leaving to Thailand today. I got news Kim Tae Woo has headed to Thailand. I bet he’s going to see my father and the elders of Blue Dragons convincing them to take my position away.” Victoria said.

 

The time has finally arrived that Kim Tae Woo taking action of his master plan to pull Victoria down from the leader position and making it his.

 

“I’ve already order some men to keep a close eye on Jaebeom and his men.” Victoria said.

 

In Key’s mind he was debating whether he should tell Victoria about the key but at the end he couldn’t say it not until he confirm that is related to the missing drugs.

 

“What about the drugs?” Amber said waiting for the orders.

 

“Since the situation turns out to this it’s not about the drugs anymore. Whether we find the drugs back or not Kim Tae Woo will still use this excuse to pull me down.”

 

“So?” She asks in confusion.

 

“Just resume your daily routine. But at the same time be cautious.” Victoria said.

 

When neither of them has any more questions Victoria grabbed her handbag and jacket leaving Amber and the rest behind. Taecyeon who was guarding the entrance follow behind once Victoria left the office.

 

Victoria didn’t head straight to the airport after she left the office instead she went to the hospital to bid goodbye to her husband. Walking through the familiar corridor and entering the room where her husband is. She saw an unfamiliar nurse massaging his husband.

 

“Who are you and where is nurse Eunjeong?” Victoria asks with a little annoyance.

 

The nurse immediately drop what she was doing, standing straight up immediately she bowed to the women.

 

“You must be Mrs. Horvejkul. I’m Choi Sulli a new trainee nurse here. I’ll be taking care of Mr. Horvejkul along with nurse Eunjeong.” She quickly introduces herself while bowing at the same time. When she finally had a good look at the girl in front the smile fade away. She thought she has forgotten that face already but it seem like all her memories are back.

 

Upon seeing the girl’s face Victoria’s eye widen in shock. That adorable face how could she have forgot. She immediately hideaway her shock expression with a smile and pretend it’s their first time meeting.

 

“Just call me Victoria.” She said in a calm expression.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Amber had head back to her own apartment after the meeting since there wasn’t any class today she decides to have a rest. Lying on her own bed she thought about Victoria whether she’ll be okay fighting by herself in Thailand. As a habit Amber fiddle with her necklace while her mind wonder off. Suddenly the necklace broke with just a little pull. Amber quickly sat up from her lying position staring blankly at the broken necklace. She began to worry as there’s a saying she learnt in China, if something important broke it could mean a sign of something bad will happen. Amber quickly shook the thought away she doesn’t want this little thing to affect her. She stood up and carefully places the broken necklace along with the ring in a small empty box in the drawer. Afterward Amber heard her phone rang. Looking at the caller ID a smile crept on her face.

 

“Hello?” She answered still with a sweet smile pasted on her face.

 

“Amber can I come to your place?” That was the first thing the girl said.

 

Amber didn’t know why but she didn’t reject her girlfriend and told the address to her. About 30 minutes later her door bell rang. She got up from lying on her bed and reach for the door. She opened it revealing her beautiful girlfriend standing outside carrying a big sport bag. Krystal smacks her lips onto the tomboy’s lips and invited herself inside. She places the big sport bag down and plumped herself on the sofa resting her sore arms.

 

“What is inside this big bag?” Amber closes the door and sat beside her girlfriend.

 

“Can I stay here for a few days?” Krystal hugged Amber and said it in a cute voice.

 

“What happened?” Amber questioned in a worried voice.

 

“Nothing happened. I just want to stay with you for a few days.” She pouted. “Please… just for a few days?” She pleaded and said it in a cute voice again.

 

Amber couldn’t handle the overflowing cuteness from her girlfriend and she just couldn’t say no either. She nodded agreeing to let her stay and Krystal jumped in joy. She quickly climbs on Amber’s lap placing kisses all over her face. The last place her lips landed on was Amber’s lips and once the two pair of lips touched Amber deepens it making a long lasting kiss.

 

“Do your parents know you’re staying here?” Amber questioned once their kiss broke.

 

“Kind of…” Her eyes rolled from left to right and Amber shot her a tell-me-the-truth look. She then continued “I told my parents that I’m staying at Sulli’s place for a few days.” She pokes her tongue out.

 

Amber chuckled and pinched the cheeky girl’s nose. She then pulls her girlfriend in for another long passionate kiss.

 

To Amber life hasn’t been this great before, spending the day with Krystal made her forget everything that she was worrying about. Her world is now only consists of herself and Krystal. Every day they wake up from hugging each other, Krystal would then cook breakfast and Amber would wash up. Then they both would head out to uni and at night Amber would be at Hearts sometimes Krystal would even tag along.

 

Unknowingly days had just simply past like that. Amber stood behind the kitchen bench staring at her beautiful girlfriend’s back as the girl is cooking dinner. She cannot express her happiness she’s feeling right now, they seem like a newlywed couple. It suddenly hit her that they only went out on a date once and it was one awkward date with the two dressing differently for different occasions. Amber move from her sitting position and crept behind Krystal’s back, she then hugged the figure who was immerse in her cooking.

 

“Let’s go on a date tomorrow.” The tomboy said while tightening her grip.

 

“Why all of a sudden?” The girl questioned. Sure she is happy and excited for a date but as she knows Amber isn’t the romantic type to suddenly ask for a date.

 

“Why? You don’t want to? I just thought we haven’t been on a date ever since that awkward one.”

 

Krystal chuckled as she recalls the events. She remembered she was wearing a gorgeous dress that Sulli helped to pick while Amber wore so casually. The awkwardness they felt when both met eying the different clothing. Seeing her girlfriend’s reaction Amber knew she must be thinking of the first date they had and how awkward it was.

 

“It’s decided then it’s a date tomorrow at 6pm. Dress nicely.” Amber especially mention on the dressing code making sure the two are compatible to whatever restaurant they are attending.

 

Krystal flashed an exciting smile when she heard those words. She has been longing for a date with her girlfriend for a long time but things kept happening that she didn’t have a chance to voice it out. The two ate their dinner in joy and slept early hugging each other waiting for the exciting date to come.

 

Krystal woke up earlier than usual usually she would lie in bed snuggling close to Amber until time is running out. She quickly washes herself and made breakfast for the two. When she finished she went back in the room to stare at the still sleeping tomboy. She stared at her for a while before landing a peck on her lips. Knowing her girlfriend is up and staring at her, the tomboy quickly made a move throwing her arms around the younger girl’s waist. Using all her strength she throws the girl on top of her, Krystal let out a giggle as she faces the charming tomboy.

 

“Morning!” They both said at the same time which led them giggling.

 

Amber tries to lean in for a morning kiss but was block by Krystal’s hands.

 

“You need to brush your teeth first.” The younger said still hands covering .

 

Amber groaned as for not getting the kiss but immediately wake up and rush to the bathroom. Krystal followed close behind with her hands wrap around the tomboy’s waist. She observed her girlfriend brushing her teeth. Once Amber was done she immediately turns around crashing her lips on her girlfriend’s. They had a good long kiss until Krystal pulls away.

 

“The breakfast is going to get cold.” She said and grabs Amber’s hand pulling her out of the bathroom.

 

The two sat and ate breakfast together with a lot of chit chatting going on about today’s date. Amber still kept a secret in what’s going to happen tonight even though Krystal tried her best to get some information out. After breakfast Krystal cleaned the dishes whereas Amber getting ready for class. Krystal didn’t have class today so after she send Amber off, she decide to go shopping for a dress. She firstly called Sulli seeing if her good friend is available to shop with her since last time she helped her pick a dress. But to her disappointment Sulli had to work at the hospital and her shift will not end until 5pm. Which left Krystal shopping alone, she roam around all different boutique and finally found a satisfying dress.

 

Unlike last time where Krystal was panicking this time she divided her time evenly. She got ready before 5:30pm and was excitedly waiting for Amber to come back.

 

At 5:50pm Krystal finally heard clattering noises from the keys and the door opened revealing her handsome girlfriend already dressed up. She stood up looking at her girlfriend from head to toe. She changed her hairstyle, before where it’s brownish blonde have now become black. Moving downward Amber wore a plain black t-shirt inside with a black blazer jacket outside. Simple yet looking smart, she then continued moving down she wore a dark navy blue skinny jeans with black leather boots. Although the outfit is simple but she loves it. It was now Amber’s turn to look at her girlfriend, the younger girl curled her hair a little so it’s not just plain and straight. Underneath the black jacket she wore a dark blue dress. The dress wrapped nicely on her body showing her curves but Amber frowned when she saw how short the dress was which shows off her long slender legs. Looking further down the younger girl wore a pair of blue heels matching the colour of her dress.

 

Picking up her handbag on the sofa Krystal walks closer to Amber and spun around in 360 degrees. “How do I look?” She questioned eager to hear the compliments from the tomboy.

 

“You look really pretty and… y.” Amber said and trails her eyes down the legs again.

 

Krystal follows Amber’s eyes that landed on her overly exposed legs she chuckled and skipped towards the tomboy placing a light kiss on her cheek. “You look so handsome and I love the hair.”

 

The two then took off holding each other hands. When they arrive outside Krystal was stunned with the car. Instead of the old light grey Honda Civic in front of her was an Italian branded car, Alfa Romeo also in her favourite colour red.

 

“Where did you get this expensive car?” She questioned with eyes still widen.

 

“Well I can’t afford to buy such an expensive car but I can still afford to borrow it for a day.” The tomboy said while opening the passenger seat door.

 

Krystal step inside the car with a wide smile, Amber gently closed the door and took the driver seat. She starts the engine and drove to the destination. Krystal was still clueless and excited in what other surprises she’ll get from the tomboy. Such a date was her first time and her heart is beating so fast that she thought she’ll get a heart attack soon. Times flies quickly as Krystal’s mind is filled with excitement and they soon arrived in front of a five stars hotel. Amber pulls the break and left the car, she slightly jogged to the other side and opens the door for Krystal. Krystal step out of the car looking a little confused, thinking why are they at a hotel? Is Amber trying to…? She quickly shook off the naughty thoughts and acts normal.

 

Amber hands the car over to one of the guy for valet parking. She then holds onto Krystal’s hand entering the hotel together. Sensing Krystal acting a little stiff Amber stops and face the girl.

 

“Yah stop thinking of anything naughty, it’s just that there’s a really good restaurant here and I thought you might like it.” Amber tries to explain although at one point she did wish something naughty could happen after the dinner.

 

“I’m not thinking of anything.” Krystal lightly smacked the tomboy’s arm as her cheeks redden a little. She hurriedly pulled the tomboy to the direction of the restaurant.

 

Once they entered the restaurant Amber voiced her name to the waiter and the waiter then brought them to a table. As expected from a restaurant in a five stars hotel, from the atmosphere to the decoration everything was classy and Krystal felt a little nervous since it’s her first time in such a restaurant. Amber took control over ordering the food, she carefully observe her girlfriend’s expression when she order and when Krystal’s expression slightly changes she immediately change the order to something else until Krystal has a satisfying expression. After ordering the food the two sat silently listening to the beautiful melody played by the pianist. Minutes later a waiter came holding a bunch of roses behind Krystal. Amber saw him and stood up to fetch the roses from his hands. Seeing Amber moving off the seat Krystal trails her eyes to the direction and immediately was astonish with the roses.

 

“99 roses mean I will love you for as long as I live.” Amber said kneeling down on one knee to meet the eyes of Krystal.

 

Amber’s action has caught the eyes of everyone in the restaurant and had their eyes fixed on the sweet couple, the girls would look at the couple with admire eyes wishing their boyfriend could do the same thing. Feeling that all eyes were fixed at them, Krystal flushed a pink shade on her cheeks she accepted the roses and quickly peck the tomboy’s cheek as a thank you. A girl from another table started clapping and the rest followed which led Amber and Krystal earning a big applause from everyone in the restaurant. The scene seem like Amber proposed to Krystal and Krystal accepted it.

 

Krystal was speechless, she always thought her girlfriend was a newbie in romantic stuff but after tonight it changed her mind. Later on the food came, the two dig in their food in this sweet loving atmosphere. Everything happened just like in a romance movie. Once they finished the dinner Amber paid the bill, they were feeling so full that they decide to take a walk outside. Not too far away from the hotel, there was a small beach. Kicking off their shoes and heels they walk hand in hand along the beach shore in bare feet. Their feet came in touch with the wet sand and cold water.

 

“Thanks for today, it is the best date I ever had.” Krystal said as she faces the tomboy.

 

Amber reaches her arms out and embraces the younger girl’s waist pulling her closer. She pecked the girl’s lips before saying “I’ll do everything for you.”

 

Krystal felt butterflies in her stomach and she felt like crying. She rests her head on the tomboy’s chest and snuggles close. Words were not necessary anymore as the two silently listen to the sounds of waves. Soon the two grew tired of standing they walk away from the shore to the dry sands finding a place to sit down and enjoy the beautiful night sky. They lied down on the sand and Krystal’s head is leaning onto Amber’s chest, she stare at the beautiful night sky while listening to Amber’s peaceful heartbeat.

 

“Krystal, I love you.” Amber finally said the three words that Krystal has been waiting for. 

 

Even though Krystal knows Amber loves her but hearing those three words coming out from the tomboy was just different. She lifts her head away from Amber’s chest and stared at her handsome girlfriend. Her lips curved instantly without knowing.

 

“Why are you being so sweet today? Are you trying to claim my ity tonight?” Krystal jokingly said and poked the tomboy’s cheek with her index finger.

 

Amber captured her index finger in with her hand and then hover closer to Krystal capturing those juicy lips before parting away quickly.

 

“Maybe that’s my intention that’s why I brought you here.” Amber said back in the same joking tone before capturing Krystal’s lips again.

 

This time the kiss was different to all the other kisses they shared it was much more passionately with lust. Parting her lips as a moan escape from Amber took the chance to enter her tongue to meet with Krystal’s. Their tongue met and instantly they felt the rising heat in their bodies. While she captured Krystal’s tongue in between her lips Amber unknowingly caress Krystal’s thighs with her hand. She slowly slides up until it’s underneath her short dress.

 

Neither of them knew their little teasing would turn out to be like this. They broke away from the furious kiss. They both stared at each other eyes their eyes are already telling each other that they want it so badly.

 

Swallowing her dry throat she whispered “I… want you.” Krystal’s cheeks went redder and she just nodded in response without leaving her eyes off the tomboy.

 

They end up staying at one of the hotel rooms which Amber had booked beforehand but honestly her intention wasn’t to claim Krystal’s ity. All she wanted was to relax a night at a five stars hotel with the girl she love.

 

Lying under the sheets after the unexpected intense workout, Amber was asleep while Krystal is wide awake. Krystal is facing Amber’s back, she observed the scars and using her index finger she traced the scars on her back. Then her finger reached to the Blue Dragons’ tattoo on her right shoulder. Feeling the ticklish feeling Amber suddenly turns around and captured Krystal’s index finger in between . She at the finger a little before reaching to her lips. After parting the kiss Amber hugged Krystal tightly.

 

“Does it hurt?” Krystal questioned in a sadden look, she was referring to her scars and the tattoo.

 

“It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

 

“What happened?” Krystal curiosity grew. She badly wants to know everything about Amber.

 

Amber thought for awhile feeling that it’s the right time to confess her past to Krystal, Amber began telling her story.

 

She told Krystal how she met Key and the tough life in China. Tears began flowing from Krystal’s redden eyes while she continues to listen to the story hugging the girl tightly.

 

*Flashback*

 

After the incident at Crown Hotel where Amber and Key helped Hangeng to avoid getting caught by Zhang Li Yin’s husband Li Don, Hangeng trusted Amber and Key more. From that day onwards Amber and Key followed Hangeng like his bodyguards. Life was a lot better they didn’t have to live in a cramped apartment with eight other people anymore as Hangeng gave them an apartment as a reward for saving him.

 

One day at the DDS club inside the VIP room this was the first time Amber and Key saw Victoria. Apparently from the conversation it seems like Victoria wants to do deals with the Han’s.

 

“Oh my, what brings Victoria here? No I should refer you as Mrs. Horvejkul now.” Hangeng said slyly.

 

“Enough. I’m here for business. I want you to convince your father to do business with the Blue Dragons.” Victoria went straight to the point. Her tone of voice was a bit cold too.

 

“I can’t help you. You do know we don’t do deals with foreigners?” Hangeng rejected immediately.

 

“But you do know that I’m the leader now?”

 

“Even if I can convince my father why should I?”

 

Victoria stared at Hangeng intensely like she holds a grudge on him. But in fact she does, Amber then heard afterward from the other senior members that Hangeng and Victoria dated before. But Hangeng broke Victoria’s heart so badly that she still holds a grudge against him after breaking up for years. Their business talk ended with Victoria stomping out the VIP room while Hangeng don’t care at all.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yiyun bring that box in my drawer over?” Hangeng said over the phone and then hang up.

 

Yiyun knew Hangeng didn’t learn from his mistake as she heard Zhang Li Yin’s voice over the phone. But she has no rights to say anything and just did what she was told. She went to Hangeng’s office at DDS club and took out the jewellery box in his first drawer. Taking one of Hangeng’s cars she speeds to Crown Hotel. She follow the direction and found the given room number. She knocks on the door and after a few seconds it opened revealing Hangeng in a bath robe.

 

“Hangeng-ge here’s the box you wanted.” Yiyun hands over the box to Hangeng.

 

Hangeng took the box and grinned, just when he was about to close the door and just when Yiyun about to leave a bunch of men in black suits stomping near.

 

“B*ITCH I KNOW YOU’RE HERE WITH THAT GUY!” Li Don shouted as he gets nearer to Yiyun and Hangeng.

 

Hangeng freaked out and dropped the box on the floor. He didn’t know what else to do other than pulling Yiyun inside the room.

 

“SH*T HE’S COMING! WHAT SHOULD I DO?” Hangeng started screaming as he scrunched his hair with his hands.

 

“Hangeng-ge calm down!” Yiyun pulled Hangeng’s hands away from his hair.

 

The voice of Li Don was getting closer and closer. Yiyun knew this time they won’t get away that easily. She stayed calm and looks at the surrounding. She immediately spotted the balcony and quickly takes a look.

 

“Hangeng-ge, it’s not a far distance from the next room balcony. You can escape from climbing to next door.” Yiyun quickly said and even dragged Hangeng to the balcony.

 

Hangeng swallowed the lump in his throat he then said before leaving “I will forever remember this.”

 

After Hangeng left the door was kick opened, seconds later Li Don and his men came barging inside. First they spotted Zhang Li Yin with only a towel wrapping her body next they saw Yiyun out the balcony.

 

“CATCH HIM!” Li Don shouted to his men in black suits.

 

Yiyun quickly followed Hangeng in climbing over to the next balcony, she was about to jump but was pulled back onto the ground. Yiyun kicked the guy who also fell down on the ground. She quickly got back up and starts escaping again. This time she succeeded. She landed on her feet to the next balcony, looking back she saw the other men doing the same thing, preparing to jump. She quickly left the balcony into the room, then locks the balcony door interrupting the couple that was in the middle of making out on the bed.

 

“Sorry, please continue on.” Yiyun apologised and bowed before running to the door.

 

The men who jumped from the balcony found the balcony door was locked, they kept banging the glass door but when they found it was useless so they jump back where they were before to head to the exit. Yiyun safely escaped out from Crown Hotel. She kept running and running until she was out of breath. When she know she’s safe and not being chased anymore, she stop and catches her breath. She suddenly burst out laughing while people who walk pass thought she is crazy.

 

Her phone then vibrated.

 

“H-ell-o?” She puffed as she answered the call.

 

“Yo dude I know you’ve escaped but your face is spotted. Now all Li Don’s men are after you. You should know what kind of power he holds.” Over the phone was Kibum. After Hangeng escaped he immediately called Kibum to pick him up and he told him everything. Minutes later he got the news from the gang that Yiyun’s face was posted and Li Don wants her dead.

 

“Look Yiyun, find a safe place to hide first. I’ll make sure you leave China safely.” Hangeng took the phone from Key and he promised to Yiyun that he’ll get her out of China safely.

 

Yiyun knew what kind of power Li Don holds it would be impossible to hide away from his men. She then remembers she is after all a girl and no one in China know except for Kibum. So she went in a random store and dressed herself as a girl, a one piece dress and a long fake wig. She then found a safe place to hide.

 

Hangeng panicked, he kept walking back and forth thinking how he could ship Yiyun out of China under Li Don’s vision. He knows he can’t tell his father about this otherwise his father will suspect him as the one who is having an affair with Zhang Li Yin. He thought for hours and only came up with one conclusion.

 

“Victoria, it’s me Hangeng. Do you have time to talk now?” He said.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Meeting at the same place as before at DDS club VIP room, Hangeng patiently waited for Victoria to arrive.

 

“So what do you want?” Victoria coldly said.

 

“Didn’t you say Blue Dragons want to do business with us?” Hangeng went straight to the point.

 

“Yes but you already rejected me.”

 

“I’ve changed my mind. I’ll convince my father to do business with you only for one condition.” Victoria gave a very surprising look at Hangeng. She couldn’t believe what she’s seeing right now. The Hangeng now she’s seeing is acting very weird.

 

“What condition?” She asked in curiosity.

 

“I want you to take one person out from China under Li Don’s vision.”

 

Victoria found it odd for Hangeng to change his mind for one person which is merely a follower of his. But she quickly agrees to it since her father is good friends with Li Don and with her powers it wouldn’t be hard to take one person out of China.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Once Victoria agreed with the deal, Hangeng quickly talked to his father presenting a money making plan. Seeing his only son finally being a little sensible in the business his father agreed on it without much thinking.

 

Early morning at 5am Yiyun waited at the wharf for Hangeng and Kibum. From a far distance she saw 3 figures walking close. Kibum, Hangeng, and Taecyeon came in front.

 

“Yiyun!” Kibum immediately hugged his buddy tightly, happy seeing her still alive. He then hands over a bag of luggage to Yiyun.

 

“Good luck. This will be the first time we’re parting.” He gave a saddening squeeze to the tomboy.

 

“Thanks I will remember what you have done for me and good luck while you’re with Victoria.” It was now Hangeng’s turn to bid goodbye.

 

“Come on let’s go the boat is here.” Taecyeon finally spoke. He was sent by Victoria to making sure Yiyun safely arrive to Korea.

 

They bid their goodbye and Kibum was on the urge to cry. Yiyun hop on the boat, she kept waving goodbye until she cannot see them anymore. The feeling she feels at that moment was like the time when Soojung waved goodbye to her at the back of the car.

 

“This is your new identity.” Taecyeon handed over a new passport to Yiyun.

 

“Amber Liu?” Yiyun read the name on her new passport. “F?” She continued to read.

 

“Your friend Kibum told us that you’re actually a girl. He said you’ve been living a life fearing that they discover you’re a girl and he hope you’ll start a new life in Korea as the real you.” Taecyeon repeated those words that unbelievably came from Kibum’s mouth.

 

After hearing those words she closes her eyes trying to stop the tears from forming and gently whispered thank you.

 

Yiyun who is now as Amber, she finally reached to Korea. Starting her life again, learning the language, the culture, the life style and learn how to survive. Instantly she is a member of the Blue Dragons. As it is a rule that all members of Blue Dragons must have that dragon tattoo, the moment Amber tatted that dragon tattoo on her right shoulder she is stuck as a member for life.

 

* End of Flashback*

 

After listening to Amber’s past unknowingly the younger girl was sobbing already. Knowing Amber’s story the girl realise she is one fortunate child. Although her parents died when she was young but she got to meet two good friends at the orphanage and adopted by a lovely family. There were no words for her to say to the tomboy but she’s willing to use the rest of her life to love the tomboy.

 

Amber stared into those watery eyes, it pained her to see the girl she loves crying. She pulls the sobbing girl closer and embraced her tightly trying to calm the girl down.

 

“Krystal I want to tell you something…” Before Amber could continue on her phone suddenly rang.

 

At such an important time when she finally gather all her courage to say the words she wanted to say for a long time and one phone call just shatters it. She slowly releases the crying girl and reaches for her phone. There was a long silent as Amber listen carefully to the caller and there was a change of expression.

 

“I’ll be there.” She said and ends the call.

 

Amber turns back to facing Krystal and in a soft gentle voice she said “Sorry something important happened I need go.” She brushes the strain of hair away from Krystal’s face. Krystal was still sobbing, as much as she didn’t want to let go of Amber at such a time she agreed to it anyway. Amber placed a kiss on Krystal’s forehead before leaving the comfy bed. Picking up the clothing that is scattered on the floor she dresses herself up. Taking one last glance at her girlfriend she left the hotel room.