Chapter 13

Living in Fears

 

The last thing Krystal remembered was the scene of Amber being hand cuff by Donghae then everything became a blur to her. She was leaning against her back on the bed headboard recalling everything that happened recently. Scenes with Amber flashed back in her head, the time when they first meet at Hearts, the time when Krystal confessed to Amber and the time when they shared a kiss together.

 

Now everything makes sense to Krystal. She have heard Jessica telling her after their first visits to Hearts that Hearts is owned by the Blue Dragons, one of Korea’s largest gang. Also whenever she asks Amber out at night Amber would say she has work but when questioned where she works she could never answer Krystal properly. Times when Krystal called Amber, she could always hear loud music which sounded like she was clubbing at that moment. Once all the pieces are put together it makes it clear that Amber is a member of the Blue Dragons and probably is working at Hearts.

 

Krystal was still in her own world thinking of what just happened at My Heaven until Sulli started shaking her by the shoulder.

 

“Soojung? Are you okay?” Sulli asked in concern.

 

Krystal finally averted her attention to Sulli but she did not reply a single word which made Sulli more worried.

 

“Soojung say something.” Sulli’s eyebrows scrunched.

 

“I’m fine.” That was all Krystal said which eased Sulli a little.

 

After a long silent Krystal finally broke the silence between the two.

 

“Sulli what should I do? I’m scared.”

 

Krystal wasn’t exactly scared of Amber, what scares her was what will happen. Will there be more of these scenes coming and will she be able to handle it? It was normal for someone who has always lived a normal life to be scared when they first involved with a gangster. And Krystal is no different from other people.

 

Sulli didn’t say a word and just pulled Krystal in for a hug. The two girls held each other tightly; she could feel Krystal tensed up in her embrace. After awhile Sulli pulled away from Krystal.

 

“So what’s scarier, Amber a gangster or the first day in the orphanage?” Sulli questioned with her usual smile pasted on her face.

 

Flashback of Krystal in the orphanage, she could still remember how she was bullied by Shingdong and how Yiyun helped her out in getting back her precious necklace. Finally a smile was formed on her face as she remembers the good old times with Yiyun beside her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Amber was arrested by the Donghae, along the way Donghae was tempted to ask questions about Amber’s relationship with Krystal but he knew it’s not the right time especially when he’s on duty. Before Amber got to the police station Key was there with a lawyer besides waiting for Amber. First thing after Key escaped was he contacted Victoria and Victoria has sent the best lawyer for Amber.

 

“Officer Lee Donghae right? I am Amber’s lawyer, Jung Yong Hwa.” Yong Hwa introduced himself as he nudged his glasses with his index finger.

 

Although Yong Hwa is young but he has been helping the Blue Dragons with legal laws for 2 years and he’s known as cheeky and best in finding wholes in legal laws to get things around.

 

Amber gave Yong Hwa a little nod as a greeting and the two entered a small room together along with Donghae and another officer.

 

They began the questioning once they were settled down.

 

“So tell me why how did the fight started between the Blue Dragons and the Black Tops? And the reason why the Blue Dragons suddenly appeared in a territory of the Black Tops?” Donghae immediately went straight to the point without wasting anytime.

 

“My client has the right to not answer your questions.” Yong Hwa spoke; from what he was taught from his teacher it’s best to remain silent so the police would not get anything out since they don’t have any solid evidence.

 

Amber kept silent, her mind was occupied with worries about Krystal and what Kim Tae Woo is up to suddenly appearing at My Heaven. Whatever questions Donghae asked Amber did not reply back, there wasn’t anything that the police could do since Amber wasn’t talking back and they don’t have any solid evidence that Amber was involve in the fight only can say she’s a victim like Krystal. After 5 hours of no respond questioning they left with no choice but to released her once again. But before Amber left the room Donghae stopped her.

 

“Amber can I talk to you privately?” Donghae questioned, it was rather a question that Amber cannot say no.

 

“Excuse me I’m afraid you...” Before Yong Hwa could finish off his sentence it was cut by Amber.

 

“It’s okay.” Amber replied.

 

The door is close and only Donghae and Amber left in the room.

 

“Stay away from Krystal. Next time she won’t just get an ankle injury it might be more serious.” Donghae glared at Amber speaking with his coldest tone.

 

“Even if I lose my life I’ll protect her.” Amber shouted back.

 

“How can you protect her!? You can’t even protect her from this small fight how can I trust you?” Donghae raised his voice, he grabbed Amber’s collar and pushed her against the wall.

 

It was true that Krystal was hurt because of Amber. As much as Amber wanted things to turn back in time but it already happened. She felt her heart tugged when Krystal was mentioned.

 

Amber broke free from Donghae using all her strength and stomps out of the room without speaking another word.

 

The first place Amber visit after she was set free was to the hospital. She took the car keys from Key and drove off to her destination. Amber finally found her way to where Krystal was. Outside of the patient room she saw Sulli next to Krystal and Krystal was deep asleep. Sulli yawned as she stretches out her arms; she got up from the seat and turns around to leave but only to meet Amber standing outside. They had a few seconds stare until Sulli walks out to meet the tomboy.

 

“Krystal is asleep.” Sulli calmly spoke.

 

“Is she okay?” Amber tilted her head and peaked inside from the window.

 

“She sprained her ankle and she’s going be out of the hospital tomorrow morning. She would be happy to see you there.”

 

Amber didn’t say anything, she hesitate to enter the room to face  Krystal there was still guilt inside her that it was her fault which caused Krystal’s injury.

 

“Soojung I mean Krystal... She loves you a lot, although you’re from the Blue Dragons but it doesn’t stop her love. Please treat her nicely.”

 

Before Sulli lift her hand to suggest Amber to enter the room and see Krystal herself. Amber did as what Sulli want; she entered the patient room and sat where Sulli was before. She saw Krystal peacefully sleeping as she reaches out her hand to caress Krystal’s cheek.

 

“Sorry that I cannot protect you.” Amber then leaned in and lightly kissed Krystal on the forehead.

 

The light touches from her lover have waked her up; her eyes slowly opened and met the tomboy’s gaze.

 

“Amber...” Krystal whispered as she tries to reach her hand to Amber.

 

Amber caught hold of Krystal’s hand immediately and their hands intertwined. Amber then helps Krystal to sit up and she also moved from her seat to the edge of the bed. Krystal is now in Amber’s embrace. Krystal wraps her arms around Amber’s waist and comfortably resting her head on Amber’s chest.

 

“Sorry for getting you injured.” Amber tightens her embrace.

 

“It’s okay, I’m still alive.” Krystal said jokingly.

 

“You don’t know how worried I was when I couldn’t see you.”

 

“I’m alright now I only sprained my ankle and I’m leaving the hospital tomorrow too. So don’t worry too much.”

 

There were a few minutes of silent between them; all they want to do is to feel each other presence.

 

“I love you Amber... No matter whom you are.”

 

It didn’t matter whether Amber is a gangster or not she still loves her and her love does not stop because she’s a gangster. In fact this made Krystal want to know the real Amber a lot more. She wants to know everything about Amber, how she became a member of the Blue Dragons and what things that happened to her as a gangster.

 

Amber was lost at words she didn’t expect to hear those words at this moment. But nevertheless she felt loved once again from this girl.

 

“Soojung, why do you always make me feel like this.” Amber suddenly called Krystal by her real name which also surprises herself.

 

She did not forget that Krystal is Soojung and Soojung is Krystal. As much as she wants to reveal her true identity but when she remembered what Donghae said back at the police station she hesitated and hold back.

 

“Why are you following Sulli?” Krystal pouted, feeling a little uneasy hearing her real name.

 

Amber just shrugs the question off and continued to hug Krystal tightly in silence.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Back in the headquarter of the Blue Dragons at the usual meetings take place. Kim Tae Woo sat there calmly sipping his cup of coffee while waiting for Victoria and Jaebeom standing behind killing time with blowing bubbles with his chewing gum. Victoria stomped right inside the room throwing her sunglasses onto the table. Without wasting another second she yelled.

 

“So tell me why you’re there today?” Victoria slammed her fist hard on the wooden table.

 

Jaebeom’s bubble popped and Kim Tae Woo didn’t flinched a bit; he was still as calm as ever sipping his cup of coffee. Victoria beamed at Kim Tae Woo waiting for an answer.

 

“It’s been a month already and you still cannot find the drugs back.” Kim Tae Woo finally spoke.

 

“I had enough of waiting if you can’t handle this I’m doing things my own way now. So please do not interfere. I don’t know what else can happen.”

 

The words that just came out of Kim Tae Woo sounded more like a threat than anything else but that. He stood up from his seat and left the room with Jaebeom following behind and smirking at Victoria. Victoria slammed her fist against the table again to vent her anger. She knew a time like this will eventually come, a time where Kim Tae Woo fights against her taking the leader spot. All this time she knew but still cannot stop him from doing so.