Chapter 20

Living in Fears

 

“Kim Tae Woo? What do you want?” Victoria shouted giving him death glares but has no effect on him.

 

“You want me to die well ha I’m still alive.” Kim Tae Woo retorted.

 

He walks closer to the three, Key was about to step forward throwing some kicks at that bastard but only to be hold down by two men.

 

“You have two choices Victoria.” Kim Tae Woo grabbed Victoria by the cheeks forcing the former leader to look up at him.

 

“One, get me out of Korea. Two, you’ll die here with them two.” He pointed at Key and Amber with his other free hand.

 

Neither of the choices Victoria wanted, she just stared at Kim Tae Woo with wide eyes not uttering a word of her choice.

 

“I’ll give you some time to think over it.” He roughly released Victoria’s cheeks which now printed two fingers of his.

 

He took a step in front of Key and squad down leveling with him. The same thing, he grab onto Key’s cheeks with his hand forcing the latter to direct his eyes at him.

 

“Now tell me where are the missing drugs.”

 

Both Amber and Victoria immediately turn their heads by the mention of the missing drugs, both was shock at the new piece of information.  Key just widen his eyes glaring at Kim Tae Woo with a sudden force Key head Kim Tae Woo on the forehead causing the big guy to lose his balance and fall backwards. The two men who held Key down and kicked him. Jaebeom immediately move forward helping his boss up. Kim Tae Woo furiously got up and glared at Key. He abruptly took the silver metal poll that one of his men was holding and swings it in full force towards Key. The two men back off to let their boss vent his anger out.

 

“Tell me!” Kim Tae Woo desperately shouted. He raises the silver metal poll up and with a strong swing the poll hits Key’s leg. Key screamed in pain as Kim Tae Woo continuously hits him with the poll. Amber and Victoria couldn’t do anything but to stare at their friend suffer from pain.

 

All his money in his bank is frozen by the police and he is desperate in getting that missing drug as it’s his way to use that money to rebuild his power. Amber who can only see her friend in pain is already in tears.

 

“STOP IT! I’LL HELP YOU!” Victoria who could not stand watching anymore shouted which at least stopped Kim Tae Woo’s actions.

 

“Great.” He laughed but continues to hit Key’s leg with the metal poll.

 

Victoria and Amber both shouted their lungs out with tears but Kim Tae Woo have gone mad. The more pain Key showed the more excited he got.

 

“KIM TAE WOO YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THE POLICE, SURRENDER NOW OR WE’LL TAKE ACTION!!!”

 

The sudden announcement made Kim Tae Woo change of expression, he stops the hitting and threw the metal poll away. He glared at Victoria and abruptly kicks the girl down lying on the ground.

 

“B*tch!” He thought it was once again Victoria’s fault leading the police here.

 

“How could I tell the police when you suddenly kidnap me here? Don’t you think there’s a trader beside you?” Victoria said with a swollen face.

 

Seeing how Kim Tae Woo had a second thought Victoria continued. “Don’t you think it’s strange how the police got the evidence?”

 

Before Kim Tae Woo could rethink the situation a group of police came barging in all holding guns. Kim Tae Woo immediately pull out his pistol and fired at the police. All of his men did the same not caring about anything but escape. When Victoria and Amber were released the two girls immediately crawl to Key. Key had a painful expression as he grab a hold of his injured leg. The two girls carefully pick Key up as he cannot walk; supporting each side they carefully brought Key to a corner.

 

 

 

Kim Tae Woo escape to the outside while firing aimless bullets at the bunch of police. Jaebeom also followed firing shots to protect his boss. As Kim Tae Woo kept running he finally came to a dead end, it was either surrender or jump off the cliff.

 

Suddenly Jaebeom points his gun at Kim Tae Woo.

 

“What are you doing?” Kim Tae Woo couldn’t understand why.

 

“I’m an undercover agent, officer Park Jay.”

 

 

 

On the other side, Donghae walk up to Amber when all the other men of Kim Tae Woo are arrested. He gave a nod to Amber like saying “everything is under control”. Seconds later the ambulance arrived and a couple of nurses came taking Key away.

 

Arriving at the hospital Key was immediately taken to operation. Amber and Victoria silently sat on the bench outside waiting. The news of Kim Tae Woo arrested has already spread throughout of Korea and it did not take long for Krystal and Sulli to arrive meeting the two wounded girls.

 

“AMBER!” Krystal screamed as she run towards Amber and embraces her lover tightly. Krystal’s face filled with tears since she receive the call from her cousin, Donghae.

 

Amber only tightens the hug more there was no words that is able to expression her feelings of how much she fears for her friend.

 

While the couple hugging silently Sulli slowly walk towards Victoria and Victoria stood up from sitting looking at the girl. A tear already fell from Sulli’s eye, her worries and fear has shown through her face. Sulli cupped Victoria’s face with her hands and more tears burst out. The younger girl pull the older girl in for a tight hug as no words can express her worries for the latter.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

One Year Later

 

“MAMA! UMMA!” Little Eunyoung jumped on the bed of her two sleeping mother hitting them to wake them up for morning breakfast.

 

Amber squirmed as she felt the soft punches of her daughter. She grabs a hold of little Eunyoung’s small arms and pull the girl in for a morning hug.

 

“Aigoo my Eunyoung what are you doing this early?” Amber tickled the small girl.

 

Little Eunyoung laughed and struggled out of her mama’s embrace until Amber finally decides to stop the tickling.

 

“Appa made breakfast.” The little girl flashed small white teeth as she snuggles close to her mama.

 

“Alright but you have to wake umma up too.” Amber pointed the still asleep girl who wasn’t affected by all the noises.

 

Little Eunyoung quietly left Amber’s side and climb onto the sleeping girl. She bob down and plant kisses on Krystal’s cheek trying to shower her umma with kisses to wake her up. On her nth kisses Krystal finally broke into giggles as she suddenly reach out and hugged the little girl.

 

“Give umma a kiss on the lips.” Krystal leans forward but only to be stop by Eunyoung’s little hands.

 

“Umma you haven’t brush your teeth yet.” The little girl said still with covered.

 

Amber chuckled at the rejection which earned her a smack from her lover. When hearing a voice shouting “Breakfast ready” from outside Eunyoung quickly stood up on her little feet. She climb over her umma but was hold back by Amber before she could leave for her favorite pancakes.

 

“Give mama a kiss.” Amber pointed to her left cheek but instead Eunyoung leans in and peck on Amber’s lips before running out the door.

 

“I told you Eunyoung loves you more.” Krystal pouted seeing Eunyoung kissed Amber not and her on the lips.

 

“But I love you the most.” Amber chuckled and captured Krystal’s lips that later on turned into a hot heated kiss.

 

The couple finally got out of bed and wash up. They walk out to the kitchen and were greeted by Key in a pink apron and little Yoogeun who is busily eating his appa’s pancakes. Amber and Krystal also took a seat facing the two little kids. Key brought another plate of freshly cook pancakes and also took a seat.

 

“Yoogeun ah say morning to mama and umma.” Key said.

 

“Morning mama, morning umma.” Yoogeun said it almost in a shouting voice and quickly goes back to eating his pancakes.

 

Amber and Krystal both chuckled at the messy eater Yoogeun who have honey all over his mouth. They both took a piece of pancakes and ate it.

 

 

 

After Kim Tae Woo got arrested and Key safely survived, the police didn’t have any evidence to arrest Victoria, Amber and Key therefore the three of them weren’t charged for any illegal activities. Victoria decided to disband the Blue Dragons in Korea and went back Thailand to convince his father to start up legal businesses. Although there was a sign of Nichkhun waking up but he didn’t, he was still in a coma. Victoria decides to transfer Nichkhun back to Thailand for treatment.

 

Key and Amber are free from the gang, although Key has fully recovered from his injuries but because his left leg was badly injured which causes him to limp when walking.

 

Victoria has offered Key and Amber to continue assisting her in building her new business but Amber decline it as she wants to stay in Korea to live a simply life with Krystal. Key who is like a family to Amber also followed her. He remembered that he followed Amber all the way to Korea and into the Blue Dragons and now that Amber wants to live a simple life he also want to too. As for the drugs Key didn’t want to find it anymore.

 

With the money they saved up Amber and Key decide to open a small coffee shop. Key later discovered his love for baking cakes and cooking which he then starts selling at the store. Their coffee shop immediately received a lot of love from young girls with Amber and Key, the two handsome duos in store.

 

Krystal on the other hand continued her study but has moved out with Amber. Her parents were very considerate knowing that the two have went through a lot and finally can be together. As a present to bless them happy forever they brought them a house near the coffee shop.

 

As for Eunyoung and Yoogeun, one day Key found Yoogeun in front of the coffee shop after he locked the door. Yoogeun was just sitting outside with a letter held in his hand. When Yoogeun finally saw someone who is limping he quickly walk up and tugged Key’s shirt. Key read the letter and found that this boy is his son. Not knowing if Yoogeun is really his son other than a letter from a girl who Key slept with, Key looked at the poor boy and then took him by the hand. Now Yoogeun is Key’s everything. Eunyoung was also in the same situation as Yoogeun, who got abandon by her parents. Amber and Krystal was shopping together for their new home, suddenly Krystal needed to go to the bathroom so Amber waited outside. While waiting a lady asks Amber to look after Eunyoung while she goes to the bathroom. But after five hours of waiting the lady never came back. Amber looked at Eunyoung and felt that she’s like herself who got abandon by her own parents. With Krystal’s permission they took in Eunyoung as their own child.

 

And Eunyoung has become the second most important in her life right after Krystal.

 

 

 

It was the first anniversary of Amber and Key’s coffee shop and they decide to do an everything 10% off offer.  The coffee shop was much crowded than it usually is, everyone has come down to congratulate the owners.

 

“Krystal!” Jessica hugged her little cousin once she enters the coffee shop.

 

Krystal immediately hugged Jessica back then hugged her parents who also came to drop by. Amber also left the counter to greet Krystal’s parents but because it was really busy that she couldn’t sit down and have a long chat with them. The Jung family took a corner table having a little family gathering while all the work is pushed to Amber. Minutes later another customer walk in, and it was Jaebeom who they haven’t seen since then.

 

“Hey congratulation.” He congratulated to the two owners.

 

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” He averts his direction to Key.

 

The two then left outside of the coffee shop for a small talk.

 

“I just want to tell you that Lee Joon really loves you.” Jaebeom starts the talk. “He was my first real friend that I made in the gang but it was my fault that he died.” He added.

 

Key gave Jaebeom a confused look.

 

“I was the one who told him to take the drugs but I never thought Kim Tae Woo would kill him.” He said feeling guilty.

 

Tears formed in Key’s eyes, he immediately grab Jaebeom’s collar and pushes him up against the wall. He uncontrollably throws a punch on his face. After his fist land on Jaebeom a tear drop slide down from the corner of his eye. He releases his collar and without a word he left. Jaebeom wipes the blood off his mouth and felt relief as Lee Joon’s last message has got to Key. Suddenly a tissue was offer; following to the slender arm standing right in front is Jessica.

 

 

 

During her work shift Sulli sneakily texted a message to congratulate her two best friends, Krystal and Amber. Unfortunately Sulli couldn’t make to her best friends 1st anniversary since she’s busy with work at the hospital.

 

Sulli has finished her training, as a nurse and have became an official nurse. After parting with Victoria in the hospital she didn’t see the older latter anymore. Like that, everything that happened between them came to an end. She heard from Amber that Victoria went back to Thailand along with her husband. As time passes she no longer misses Victoria instead the moments with the older girl has now became a part of her memory that she cherish.

 

She turns off her phone and put it in her pocket before flushing the toilet pretending that she has just finished her business. She walks out of the cubical to meet another colleague of hers.

 

“Luna unnie.” The tall girl greeted her senior.

 

“Hey Sulli.” Luna gave the young girl her usual bubbly smile.

 

“Do you want to have dinner tonight? There’s this really nice restaurant down street.” Luna said while drying her hands.

 

“Sorry unnie but I have plans for tonight.” Sulli flashed her a wide smile before leaving the toilet.

 

Ever since Luna transferred to the same hospital as Sulli, the girl has been asking Sulli out for dinner after their shift. She doesn’t know if there’s more of an intention to the dinner or it was just a simple friend gathering. But something tells her it’s more than friends. She had already refuses a few times purposely and every time she did she would see the saddening face on Luna. But this time she didn’t purposely made an excuse, she really has plans for the night and that is to have dinner with her best friends.

 

 

 

Sulli finished her shift and she arrived in front of her best friends’ doorstep. She presses the doorbell waiting for someone to open the door. Seconds later the one who opens the door was little Yoogeun who was carried by Amber. Sulli pinched Yoogeun’s cheek seeing the cute little boy then she move her hand pinching the big kid who was carrying Yoogeun.

 

“Hey Sulli I’m not a kid.”  Amber drops Yoogeun down and massages her cheek.

 

“But you’re cute.”

 

Sulli walks in she hugged Krystal and Key who are busily cooking in the kitchen. Amber went back playing with the two kids and making sure they don’t cause any trouble for their umma and appa. Sulli then joins in playing with the two kids and Amber. The scene seems like there are four kids and two parents in the house. Once the foods are ready everyone sat on the dining table.

 

“Congratulation!” Sulli raised her glass of wine and the rest followed just only that Eunyoung and Yoogeun raised their cups with soft drinks.

 

“It’s amazing how the three of us came together just like old times at the orphan.” Sulli said feeling a little emotional thinking how all the things they have gone through.

 

“I know but now we’re one big happy family.” Amber smiled. She reaches her hand out holding onto Krystal’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

 

They all smiled and nodding in agreement. Things have all settled down and they don’t have to live in fear anymore.

----

A/N: Thanks for reading! XD