Chapter 09

Living in Fears

 

The clock strikes 9am and the room was filled with the noise of the ringing alarm clock. Amber swings her arm over where the sound is coming from and with one hit the ringing stopped. She turned her body over to the other side and slowly opened her eyes. First thing came to her sight was her best buddy’s enlarged face.

“What the heck?” Amber raised her voice, eyes widen as she pushes the boy who comfortably sleeping next to herself.

Key groaned and tried to stop Amber’s pushes. He slowly opened his eyes like it was no big deal. “Hey stop it.....”

“Why the heck are you in my house, in my room and sleeping on my bed next to me?” Amber questioned, it wasn’t like she mind Key staying over just that she gets annoyed whenever Key just pops in without letting her know and invading her privacy.

Key sat up straight and was now fully awake. “I got no choice Sun Min been bugging me recently. She’s really annoying.”

“So you came here to avoid her?” Without answering Key just nodded while yawning.

Amber just rolled her eyes. It wasn’t the first time Key stayed over at Amber’s place to avoid some chick or dude, and sometimes Amber had to pretend to be Key’s girlfriend or boyfriend so that the person would stop bugging him.

“So how was your date last night with Krystal?” Key suddenly asked to change the topic.

“How did you know? And it wasn’t a date, just a friendly dinner.”

“Friendly dinner huh? But obviously you guys aren’t just friends. Otherwise she wouldn’t send you a text message saying ‘sweet dreams *hearts* ’, she obviously want you to dream of her.”

“You looked through my phone again!?” Amber said in disbelief.

“Hey not like I want to but you were hugging onto it to sleep and it dropped out. Why don’t you two just date? It’s about time for you to get a taste of what’s love.” Key wrapped his arm over Amber’s shoulder as he nudged her lightly.

“It’s that not simple, I don’t want her to get hurt because of me. You know we’re in the Blue Dragons, who knows what will happen to us.” Amber sighed and confessed what she had in her mind. She’s not sure what she’s feeling towards Krystal was but definitely she felt something special, something she never felt before except when she was with Soojung.

“Amber you need to be a little more selfish and think about yourself. We might die any seconds but at least you won’t have any regrets... unlike me.” Key patted Amber’s shoulder before getting up and leaving the room. His eyes were full of regrets and sadness which made Amber’s heart clenched. Amber knew he was referring to his relationship with Lee Joon.

“Should I be a little more selfish?” Amber questioned herself in whisper.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Father don’t worry I promise I’ll find it back.” Victoria said with a definite look. With that she ended her video call with Nichkun’s father who is in Thailand. She leaned back on her big comfy leather chair and exhaled a big breath until she heard the door knocked.

“Come in.” Victoria shouted and leaned back forward massaging her temple.

“Boss, the car is ready and at 1pm you have a meeting.” Taecyeon came in he is Victoria’s secretary and bodyguard, one that Nickhun sent to protect his lovely wife. Ever since Nickhun is in a coma Taecyeon had made a promise to Nickhun to protect his wife even if he had to lose his own life.

Victoria got up from her leather chair, grabbed her handbag and left the office with Taecyeon following behind. Taecyeon drove Victoria to the hospital where Nickhun was, ever since Nickhun was in a coma Victoria at least tries visiting her husband once every day. Before they arrive to the hospital they stopped by a florist and brought a bouquet of Lily.

Victoria walks to the place where she is most familiar with while holding the bouquet of Lily in her hands. The nurses who are familiar with Victoria greeted her when they walk pass each other.

“Victoria unnie.” The nurse in the room greeted Victoria. Since Victoria comes here so often they are now in pretty good terms but of course the nurse doesn’t know they are gangsters.

“Eunjeong, I’ll take care of that.” Victoria handed the bouquet of Lily to Taecyeon and took the towel from Eunjeong’s hand. Eunjeong bowed to Victoria and then left the room giving them time alone.

Victoria rinsed the towel in the bucket of water and squeezed the water out. She Nickhun’s shirt and used the towel to wipe clean his body. Taecyeon who was holding the flowers replaced the dead ones in the vase.

“Khun what should I do? If you’re awake you’ll know what to do and solve the problem.” Victoria started talking to the sleeping Khun again. This is the only time where she can show the weak side of herself.

Each time Victoria will take extra care to wipe clean his body, brush his hair, shaved his facial hair and cut his nails. Even if he’s in a coma she likes to keep him clean and neat. Time passes very quickly as Victoria enjoy the moments being with her husband.

“Boss it’s almost 1pm.” Taecyeon interrupted Victoria’s actions when the time almost reached 1pm.

Victoria placed a kiss on her husband’s forehead like usual before leaving.


Taecyeon drove Victoria back to the Blue Dragons headquarter where the meeting take place. The Blue Dragons’ headquarter is just like any other business building with strong securities guarding the entrance and security cameras. Each security guards Victoria passes all gave her a 90 degrees bow and greeted her with a loud voice. Victoria enters the meeting room with all the other heads sitting at their own position.

Sitting on Victoria’s right side was Kim Tae Woo, Park Jaebeom and Kwon Yuri. Sitting on her left side was Kangta, Kim Heechul and Leetueuk. Each one of them is responsible for a certain area, as long as they don’t interfere each other earning money they pretty much live peacefully together. But amongst the six Victoria most afraid of is Kim Tae Woo, other than his gang is the largest amongst all he is also a relative from Nickhun’s family therefore he holds a lot of power to do what he wants. Sometimes not even the elders can control him. When Nickhun was in a coma everyone was okay with Victoria being the substitute leader of Blue Dragons but only Kim Tae Woo objected. As much as he doesn’t approve Victoria as the leader but in the end he still had to obey at the elders’ decision.

“Victoria-shii what are you going to do now since Lee Joon is dead. The drugs are nowhere to be found.” Kim Tae Woo was the first to speak once Victoria entered the meeting room. “Do you know what’s the lost if we couldn’t find it” This was definitely the chance that Kim Tae Woo would use to take Victoria down then with his powers he’ll be the only one suitable to take over that position.

“I’m still investigating on this case and I’ll definitely give everyone a clear explanation on this.” Victoria replied back as she sat in the middle while taking off her sunglasses. Kim Tae Woo smirked as he did not question anymore. “Is there anything you guys want to report back in this meeting?” This was the usual question Victoria would ask in every regular meeting they have.

“Heechul I heard your underage girls got arrested yesterday.” Victoria questioned as she received news from another follower.

“Boss don’t worry I got everything under control. The cops won’t be able to do much and the girls will come back, they got no other places to go.” Heechul said with a smirk on his face.

Heechul is responsible of the es and gigolos business, there are even rumours saying he tests them before hiring them. This guy doesn’t care about anything except his business and money. Personality wise, he likes to joke around and has a mess up ual life.

“Boss the guns we’re dealing with the Han’s group are all ready to be shipped. They should arrive at tomorrow night.” Yuri spoke reporting back the recent deal they made with the Han’s.

Yuri, the only female head here is responsible for all deals related to weapons. Her job is to import them to the country and contact buyers. She often seen as the cool and cold type and even though she has a violent side but men cannot resist her pretty face and body. Kim Tae Woo is one of the men who want her to be his.

Introducing the other heads, Kangta is responsible for all the gambling business, Leeteuk is responsible for all the massage and sauna clubs, Jaebeom is responsible for all the night clubs except Hearts which is taken care of by Amber where she personally reports back to Victoria and lastly Kim Tae Woo is responsible for all the drug dealing. But the deal with Black Tops that Lee Joon stolen has nothing to do with Kim Tae Woo since he took a leave and was not responsible for this deal.

“Alright if there’s nothing else to report back then dismiss.” Victoria said once everyone was quiet and shook their heads that they have nothing important to report back.

Kim Tae Woo was the first to leave with Jaebeom following behind. It was pretty obvious to everyone that Jaebeom obeys Kim Tae Woo’s orders more than Blue Dragons’ leader. It was also because of Kim Tae Woo that Jaebeom became a head. Yuri is in pretty good terms with Victoria since both of them are girls they often share the same interests and thoughts. While Kangta and Heechul are neutral, they just obey whoever the leader is.

As Kim Tae Woo’s power has been expanding over the years, Victoria is afraid that he might take over Blue Dragons soon and all the hard work her husband did will go in the hand of someone else.