Chapter 03

Living in Fears

 

It was 9am early in the morning where most people suppose to be up and gone for work or school but not for Key. He was still lying on his bed asleep. The door bell rang multiple of times which woke Key up he groaned but he didn’t bother to get up and opened the door so instead he fell back asleep. The door bell kept ringing for a couple of minutes and stopped afterward.

The one who kept pressing the door bell button was no one other than Amber. She got fed up waiting for Key to unlock the door so instead she grabbed the spare key that was taped underneath his door mat that Key had told Amber before. She puts the key in and turned the knob. When she saw no one she headed to Key’s bedroom. Once she entered his bedroom she immediately smelt a strong smell of alcohol and out of reflex she raised her hand to her nose to block the smell. She came close to the bed where Key was sleeping and pulled him up.

“Dude wake up!” The amount of rattling noise Amber made has woken the sleepy girl that was lying beside Key. She rubbed her eyes and blinked a couple of times before she saw Amber standing right in front of them. The girl squealed and quickly pulled the sheets up to bury herself inside. All those reactions were seen in Amber’s eyes and she just rolled her eyes thinking that girl must think she was a guy.

“Wake up!” This time Amber slaps him hard on the face to wake him up. Key finally woke up from the pain he felt, he opened his eyes only to see a not-so-friendly Amber in front of him. Seeing Key was fully awake Amber drops him back down on the bed and walks out. Before leaving she eyed Key telling him to meet her outside. Key got dressed and walks out to the kitchen to meet Amber.

“Why woke me up so early?” Key yawned and scratched the back of his head.

“No more play time. Victoria unnie contacted me last night saying Lee Joon sneaked to Shanghai. We have to get there before he gets captured by the Black Tops or the cops.” Amber explained.

Amber and Victoria could be referred as good friends because of an accident that happened two years ago. Ever since then Victoria trusted Amber a lot, it also may be because Amber’s personalities Victoria treats her like a little sister therefore Amber can freely refer her as Victoria instead of boss.

“Boss?”

That’s right, Victoria is the current leader of Blue Dragons. She is Chinese and grew up in China, Beijing. Her father is a business man in Beijing and owns a lot of power but he secretly helps organisations like Blue Dragons do illegal things, such as transporting drugs and guns to China. Five years ago Victoria met Nickhun who is the Blue Dragons leader during that time. They fell in love and got married within a short time. Three years ago when Blue Dragons was still not wide spread to Korea yet her husband Nickhun encountered a car accident and ever since then he was in coma. The elders of Blue Dragons all voted Victoria to take over Blue Dragons until Nickhun wakes up, one of the reason why they all voted for her because they thought she was easy to control. But the real reason is they wanted to cooperate with China’s biggest organisation and they only do deals with Chinese people. Victoria knew it all, she knows it’s going to be tough but for the sake of protecting Blue Dragons for her husband she gave in all she could.

“So when do we have to leave?” Key now putted on a serious face.

“Tonight, 9pm flight and Jonghyun will take us to the airport.” Amber told Key the meeting time. Jonghyun was another guy whom Victoria trusts. He secretly works for Victoria and usually doesn’t follow her around, just like Amber.

This was a secret mission that no one in Blue Dragons knows, as this case could lead to big problems that cannot be leak out therefore Victoria sent Amber the one who she trust the most to complete this mission.

Once the more serious stuff was sorted out Key changed the topic to the non-serious stuff. He chuckled as he remembered what a big favour he did for Amber.

“So how was the girl last night?” Key smiled devilishly.

It was then Amber remembered what she needed to do. She quickly punched Key on the stomach and Key winced in pain as he rubs his stomach.

“Thanks for reminding me.”

“Oww... You know that hurts. Come on we’re buddies aren’t we? Tell me how you guys go last night? I bet last night was the best you ever had.” Key motioned next to Amber and had his arm around her shoulder.

“Nothing happened.” Amber said in a cold attitude.

“Can’t be!” Key raised his voice he then whispered to himself “Two droplets of Bremelanotide would have lasted for 5 hours.” He had tried the drugs last night at the girl that was still in his bed and it’s quiet impossible that nothing happened. “Umm... Maybe I should have added more in their drinks.” He was talking to himself again but it was loud enough for Amber to hear.

“Don’t you ever put those in my drinks again otherwise I rip all those precious clothing of yours into pieces.” Amber choked Key and shakes him back and forth.

“I... get... it...” Key said in between each breath. Being a fashion freak those clothing were Key’s treasures and no one allow to touches them unless they have permission. Amber then releases his neck and Key coughed as he tried regaining his breath again.

----

Last night after Amber left Krystal alone Krystal taxied home without telling her unnies. She was so disappointed and mad at herself for not getting Amber’s contact also her aroused body she totally forgot about the fact she didn’t come alone to Hearts. Once she got home she immediately took a cold shower but it wasn’t much of a help. Every time she feels her body heating up again she goes and take another shower. That night Krystal showered a total of 5 times and it took around 4 hours until she got rid of that feeling.

The first thing she woke up from last night was seeing Jessica in front of her. Jessica stood there and stared angrily at Krystal.

Rubbing her eyes Krystal sat up on her bed “What’s wrong unnie?”

“What’s wrong? You ask.” Jessica came over near Krystal and sat on the edge of her king size bed. “You left Hearts without telling us and did you know we went looking for you for hours?”

It then strikes Krystal in the head that she forgot about her unnies “Oh! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!” Krystal apologised and did the sorry hand sign.

“We tried calling you thousands of times but your phone was off.”

Krystal then picked her phone that was placed on the bedside table, she just discovered that her battery died.

“Luckily I called aunty this morning and she told me you’re back.”

Krystal moved close to Jessica and started doing cute whining hoping her unnie would forgive her. Jessica stood mad for only 3 seconds until she gave up and forgive her baby cousin.

“Anyways, Sooyoung said she saw you with a guy at the bar before you left the club.”

“Yeah I was with someone but it was a girl.” Even though Amber was mistaken as a guy all the times but upon hearing her name Krystal figured out and then when Amber was on top of her she felt her that was crashing on her chest. The scenes from last night flashed in Krystal’s head again. Not great at hiding her own feelings, her face tells it all that something happened. Jessica shook Krystal from zoning out.

“Krystal what happened last night?” Jessica could tell something troubling her baby cousin from the expression on her face.

Krystal hesitated to whether or not tell Jessica what really happened because she wasn’t all sure of herself what actually happened. But she feels she’s going to get more frustrated if she doesn’t spit it all out. Therefore she told Jessica everything, from the moment Amber saved her from getting molested by two guys to the part where they were making out in the room.

“WHAT!?” Jessica eyes and mouth opened wide. “Krystal I never knew you were gay!?” Krystal quickly covered Jessica’s mouth with her hand as she was getting too loud that may get Mrs. Jung’s attention. After getting Jessica to quiet down Krystal released her hand.

Krystal sighed “Neither did I.” They both stared at each other for a couple of seconds “Well I did kissed a girl before when I was in America but it was just for fun.” For a couple of seconds Jessica stared at Krystal while Krystal was staring on the floor.

“So what does it feels like making out with a girl?” Jessica moved herself closer to Krystal and curiously asked.

“I don’t know...” Krystal mumbled and starts fidgeting her teddy bear that was on her bed.

“So... Did it felt good?”

Krystal took a deep thought “I guess it did...” After pausing for a few seconds she quickly added “But I don’t know if it’s because of the effects of the drugs.” Krystal did realise afterward maybe there were some sort of drugs added in her drinks that made her body felt that way. These things weren’t new to her as she reads it all the time on newspapers back in America.

“Drugs!?” Jessica heart skipped a beat upon hearing that someone put drugs into Krystal’s drink. “If you see that tomboy again tell me and I’ll kick her .” She scrunched the pillow hard and threw a few punches on it.

“Unnie calm down. Nothing happened at the end.” Thinking of the scene that Amber left she felt the disappointment again.

“Krystal you had a disappointed expression. Don’t tell me you wish something happened between you two?” Jessica was spot on but Krystal could not admit it.

“Of... Course not!” Krystal stuttered a little.

 “Good, you don’t want to give uncle and aunty a heart attack because you turned gay for some hot tomboy.” Jessica said sarcastically.

Now another problem has popped in Krystal’s head. Would their parents able to accept their daughter liking another girl?