VIII.

Never Too Late.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where am I?" Haeun blinked. She got up abruptly, which she regretted immediately. "ugh.. my head hurts.."

she stood up and went out. "Haeun, my dear! Do you feel okay now?" Her eyes widened and she bowed. "Good morning Mrs. Kim.. How..."

"Oh. Myungsoo ran out in the middle of the night and when he returned, he was carrying you, all wet and having a slight fever." 

"Oh. I kinda got lost on my way home. I'm sorry for the trouble." Mrs.Kim shook her head and patted her shoulders. "You're always welcome here, Haeun. Let's have breakfast!"

-

"How are you now, Haeun?" "I'm okay now Mr. Kim. I'm sorry for the trouble." He shook his head as he sat down on the dining chair.

"Say.. Haeun-ah.. We missed you last night! We could've celebrated Myungsoo's birthday together. It could've been more fun."

"I'm sorry, I had plans last........" she stopped when she realized what Mrs.Kim said. "It's okay dear. Myungsoo could have been happier if you came. You know that you're the only friend he invites here for his birthday. But you're growing up, you won't be celebrating together that often anymore." She smiled at her.

Haeun gulped and mentally slapped herself. *How could I forget Myungsoo's birthday?* she sighed as she ate. "Is Myungsoo home?"

"He went out a few hours ago. He didn't say where he was going though.." "I'll go now, Mr.Kim, Mrs.Kim. I troubled you enough. Thank you for the food and for letting me stay overnight."

~~

Haeun tried calling Myungsoo but he wasn't answering. She sighed as she entered her house, only to be greeted by an infuriated uncle. "WHERE. WERE. YOU. LAST. NIGHT. YOUNG. LADY?" he said each word in gritted teeth, which made Haeun step backward. Her aunt was crying on the other side of the room.

"I..." before she could even finish her sentence, he slapped her hard, causing her to tumble down on the floor. he grabbed a handful of hair and tossed her to the other side of the room like a rag. her shoulders hit the corner of the table. she yelped in pain, and it made her uncle smirk. he grabbed his wife's wrist and dragged her to the bedroom. Haeun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter