XXI.

Never Too Late.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai ran his hands through his hair and sighed for the nth time. He looked at Haeun's very fragile figure and groaned. He stood up. And sat down again. And did it for  a couple more times. He looked at his phone then closed his eyes. "If only I answered..." he groaned louder and punched the wall beside him. He felt hurt but he didn't mind. He could've done something about this.

"It's my fault. I'm so sorry Hae-ah.." he slowly walked towards her bed and held her hand. "I didn't really like you at first. I just wanted to... take revenge to Myungsoo. I.. I actually didn't know why I wanted to.. I.."

Kai sighed and shook his head slightly. "But you know what I'm sure of right now? I.. I like you now. And I regret ever starting this revenge thing. But then again, if I didn't, I wouldn't met you..." he chuckled bitterly and kissed her knuckles.

"Hae-ah.. please wake up. I have to apologize to you. I didn't know that your friendship will be compromised.. Myungsoo likes you.  A lot. That's why..." he shook his head as he slowly rested it on the bed. "I'm sorry, Hae... Please wake up.."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Myungsoo slightly frowned when he saw his bestfriend's empty seat....again. It's been three days since she last went to school. And not surprisingly, Kai hasn't been able to attend class as well. He sighed and looked at the teacher in front. But he was still thinking of her.

Did she really take his words to heart? Won't she really show up in front of him again?

He shook his head and gathered his things when the school bell rang. He went to the repair shop since his phone broke down after tossing it hard at what he thought was his bed. 

 

 

 

"Here you go. Please take care of it next time." Myungsoo thanked and bowed at the staff.

His mother greeted him when he got home and she frowned slightly at the sight of her son. He may not say anything, but she knew something's b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter