XXII.

Never Too Late.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That day when I asked you if you know what happened to her, I went to her house. She was calling me the night before for so many times, but when I tried calling her back that morning, she wasn't answering. When I arrived there, their room was surrounded by yellow police lines, and police are everywhere near their area. Her aunt was shot, but thankfully she survived. Her uncle was arrested for countless criminal cases. And Hae....wasn't at the crime scene."

Myungsoo still held Kai's collar, but his grip loosened a bit, and his other hand was now dangling on his side.

"I thought I was gonna die when I heard what happened from the police. I was kind of relieved when she wasn't there, but the truth almost killed me, Myungsoo."

Kai sighed and continued.

"They told me that a car accident happened somewhere near the area and a girl in her 20's was the victim. They told me which hospital she was rushed to, and I didn't think twice and went there..."

His voice was softer and a tear rolled on his cheek.

"Myungsoo-ah, Haeun is dying..."

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's shaking hands slowly opened the door of a room at the hospital. He breathed heavily and felt his world stopped revolving when he saw Haeun lifeless on the bed.

He gulped and slowly made his way towards her. Tears are threatening to fall from his eyes.

He smiled bitterly as he sat down beside her bed. "Hey..."

He took her hand in his and shook his head. "I was just kidding when I said never to show up in front of me ever again."

"Pabo.." he chuckled as tears flowed down his cheeks.

Myungsoo rested his head on the side of the bed and began sobbing. "I'm sorry.. I could've done something to prevent this..." His shoulders shook as he let out his emotions. He held her hand tighter and sobbed uncontrollably. "Hae-ah.. I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry for being a jerk. I love you, and I should've done something to protect you.."

 

 

Kai sighed and gently closed the door. "Kim Jongin, officially, you deserve to die." he chuckled bitterly and walked away with his hands on his pockets. *I should just leave, huh? for everyone.*

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter