XXIII.

Never Too Late.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been exactly a year since Haeun got into the accident.

 

She was running away from her "home" after she heard the gunshot. She struggled to run but somehow managed to do it. She kept on looking backwards, fear evident in her eyes. She was afraid of what her uncle can do more. And because of that, she ran towards the street, not aware of the speeding car that eventually hit her. She rolled over the car and hit her head hard.

 

 

Myungsoo sighed as he stood in front of the doctor's office for any good news. He has been patiently waiting, but he has his limits.

 

"Come in." The doctor said from the inside.

Myungsoo bowed and sat down in front of him. "Dr. Lee, I'm hoping to hear some good news about Ms. Lee. It's been a year already and...." Myungsoo closed his eyes and nodded. "Please tell me you have some good news.."

The doctor sighed. "Well, actually, I do have some good news, Mr. Kim." Myungsoo's face lightened up a bit as he stared into the doctor, telling him to continue.

"The results of the last test we've done showed that she improved quite a lot. Her condition got better, and she's at her best condition ever since she got admitted. She can wake up anytime soon now. It's just up to her when."

Myungsoo sighed in relief. She is getting better.

"Thank you.. Thank you.." he stood up and bowed to the doctor before leaving the office. He went to the cafeteria to buy some lunch.

 

 

But on his way to the room, he saw a few nurses and her doctors rushing to her room. He dropped the bags he was holding. He began walking towards her room, getting faster every step until he was running already. "HAEUN-AH!" The nurses locked the door as Myungsoo continued banging to her door.

"LEE HAEUN!!!!" he felt his heart beating faster. What was happening? He thought she's getting better?

Moments later, the doors opened and the hospital staff was rushing her out of her room. "W-what's happening?"

Myungsoo blinked at what was happening. NO. She won't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter