Confused

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

It was Saturday evening. I didn’t feel like doing anything. I stayed in bed extra late. Jihyun and Jongin probably were busy having fun. I didn’t even wish to be here. Irritated that I’m stuck here, I wanted to relieve some frustration. Grabbing my swimsuit, I went to the indoor swimming pool just a level down from my suite. Just as I opened my door, I saw Jongin approaching his room that was next to mine.

“Oh, you’re awake” he greeted.

“Where’s Jihyun?”

“She’s waiting for me downstairs. She forgot her cell phone. Where are you going? Want to join us? We’re ice skating” he suggested.

“No thanks. I just want to go for a swim. See you” I waved as I walked to the elevator.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There was no one in the pool except for the lifeguard that was on duty. I took off my white sweater and jumped into the pool. I swam ten laps nonstop. When I emerged my head from the water, I opened my eyes to the lifeguard in front of me. He was kneeling on the edge o the pool with a towel in his hands.

“I haven’t seen a swimmer as talented as you in a while” he smiled.

“Thanks” I replied as I grabbed the towel from him.

“Are you staying at the resort long?” he asked as I got out of the pool.

I wrapped myself up with the towel and tried to ignore him. What? Was he trying to flirt with me? I grew annoyed at him and I grabbed my sweater and was about to leave when he stood in front of me.

“You don’t recognize me?” he smiled.

I looked at his tall stature. He had a long and lean body. He was wearing swim shorts and was not wearing a shirt. I noticed his nice chiseled six-pack abs and his golden blonde hair. I took a good look at him for the first time since he spoke to me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Is that how you are going to treat your friend?” he teased.

“We aren’t even friends” I said as I walked pass him.

“Do you wanna go for a drink later tonight?” he shouted behind me.

I turned around to face him. He looked exactly the same from two years ago. He hasn’t changed a bit…. Did he still like me after all these years? I remembered back to the days that we were together. I was so mean to have played with his heart. I looked away.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” I replied.

“Are you with Sehun?” he shouted again.

“I’m on vacation with my family”

“I don’t like you anymore. Don’t worry. I just want to catch up, you know… for old times sake”

“Nathaniel…”

“Old times sake” he pleaded.

“Old times sake” I replied in agreement.

 

Jihyun’s POV

 

I watched as couples on the ice rink were holding hands and laughing together. Then I looked at us. Kai was skating with his hands in his pockets and he looked almost dazed. It was always like this with us. I looked away in disappointment. Can I really marry him? I love him so much. I want to be with him every day but to marry someone like this? Aemi was right. I don’t know how he feels. I don’t know anything about him at all even after four years.

“What are you thinking about?” he whispered.

“Nothing… I’m just… tired. Can we go back?” I responded quietly.

“Are you okay?” he asked me with worry in his tone.

“I’m fine. I think I’m just jetlagged from the long flight. I just want to go back to our room” I responded as I headed towards the exit of the rink.

Kai walked me back to our room and as I lay on the bed, Kai sat next to me and tucked me in. I faced away from him and he must’ve sensed something wrong.

“Are you mad at me?” he whispered.

“I’m just tired” I replied not wanting to answer any of his inquiries.

“Okay. Rest then. I’m going to go get something to eat. Do you want anything?”

“No” I answered almost inaudible.

 

Kai’s POV

 

She didn’t need to tell me. I knew she was upset about something. I didn’t bother to ask her a third time so I decided to get something to eat. As I walked down to the lobby, I saw Aemi running down the lobby. She met up with a tall foreigner… Who was that? Before I knew it, I was following them. What the hell is wrong with me? Just as I was about to turn the other way, Aemi turned around making me quickly hide behind a large plant. Still my body seems to have a body of its own again and it followed her until I was seated at a booth just behind her and that unfamiliar name. There wasn’t much talking but as they ate their dinner, I ordered a steak. I took a few bites and ended up loosing my appetite.

When they were about to leave, I followed them back to Aemi’s room. Was he… Was he going to spend a night in her room?!?! Just as I was about to go beat the crap out of him, he waved bye to her and Aemi watched as he left. On the other hand, I was hiding in the corner behind another large plant. As he disappeared, I breathed a sigh of relief. I was going to leave but I was met with Aemi. I jumped in shock.

“What were you doing all night? You have no right to follow me anywhere” she said with a hint of irritation.

I straightened myself up.

“I thought he was someone that might do something to you. I just wanted to make sure”

“I know him. Instead of following me, you could’ve just asked”

“I know…”

“Then why did you?”

“I’m not sure myself” I stated the truth.

“Tell Jihyun I’m leaving. I booked a flight back home already for tomorrow morning”

“What?” I asked in surprise.

“Look, this was supposed to be your trip with Jihyun. I didn’t even want to come”

“Minho won’t like it if you come back alone”

“I really don’t care,” she said.

“What’s your relationship with that guy?” I suddenly blurted out.

Aemi stood a little in disbelief as I was going back to our first topic. I stood in front of her waiting for her reply. Well? Was she going to answer or drive me insane because I was wondering?

“He’s my ex- boyfriend, Nathaniel Vanderbilt”

“Ex?”

I don’t know why I was surprised. Was it because I haven’t dated any one besides Jihyun? Could I count Jihyun and I as dating?

“How many people have you dated?” I asked curiously.

“Why does that matter? Your questions are getting weirder. I’m going to bed. Good night” she said as she left.

ARGH! Why am I like this? Why is my body reacting so strangely to Su Aemi? What is she doing to me? I’m doing things I hate doing. Amusement parks. Being a busybody. Eating street food. What is happening to me? What can I do to make it stop? I’m so confused.

 

Comment and subscribe!