Marked Territory

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

I dropped Sehun’s keys on the kitchen counter as leaned against the high chair. My heart was still pounding quickly. The kiss that I initiated with Jongin replayed in my head over and over again. What was I thinking? Am I out of my mind? I reached for a glass of water and just as I was about to take a sip, Sehun appeared suddenly making me almost choke my water in surprise.

“Where did you go?” he yawned as he approached me nonchalantly.

“You.. you were awake?” I asked hesitantly.

“Yeah. I went over to hug you and when I opened my eyes, you disappeared” he chuckled.

“I went to drop Kai off. He was drunk and someone had called me to pick him up…” I explained quietly.

“Oh the kid who likes you?” he teased.

“Kiss me” I said to him as I stared at him for the longest minute.

“What? Why so suddenly?” he asked me a little confused.

Impatient, I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. My arms wrapped around his neck as I slowly closed my eyes. He was giving into my weird demands. He was gentle as always and I was impatient as always. As he pulled away, I furrowed my eyebrows. It wasn’t the same.

 

Kai’s POV

 

I walked over to the kitchen table and saw a bowl of congee with freshly prepared side dishes. There was a sticky note on the spoon. It said ‘Eat well. Jihyun.’ I sighed as I placed the note on the table. Grabbing my jacket, I drove myself to the University and attended my noon class. When I finished, I saw Jihyun waiting for me outside of class.

“Hi” she smiled as I approached her.

“Thank you for the breakfast” I said as we got into the car.

We arrived in front of the Su residence and as I entered into the house, I saw the most unexpected person at the living room. Aemi. We stared at each other briefly before I also spotted Sehun next to her. I shifted my gaze back to Aemi but was cut off when Jihyun greeted them. We all sat next to each other at the dining table. Minho sat at the head of the table and he desperately tried to start a conversation with Aemi but to no avail. When Sehun spoke, I barely paid any attention to him until he mentioned his future… with Aemi.

“We are living together right now but I wanted to get your permission for her hand in marriage” Sehun asked politely.

Everyone’s eyes turned to Sehun. Aemi didn’t even seem to expect what he was saying. Flustered, she tapped Sehun and whispered something into his ears.

“I love her. And I always have. I want to ask for your permission Uncle,” he continued.

“Well! This is wonderful! I always wanted to have you as a son- in- law!” Minho rejoiced.

“I’m done. If you’ll excuse me” Aemi said as she rushed out of the dining room.

 

Aemi’s POV

 

As I rushed out, I felt someone grab my wrist. I turned around and saw Sehun. I could tell that he seemed a bit saddened at my reaction towards his proposal. I shrugged his touch away lightly as I looked away, avoiding his stare.

“Do you dislike it that much?” he asked hurt.

“You said you’d wait… wait until I was ready. What was that? Bull?”

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea to get permission. I mean, we are going in that direction anyways”

“Says who?” I shot back harshly.

“Since when did I say that I wanted to get married?” I further asked him.

“You know that Minho set an arranged marriage between you and I. He would agree to it. Why did you have to ask him?” I continued.

“What really happened last night?” Sehun asked out of the blue.

Caught off guard, I became silent. This only further proved that I was guilty was something. I looked away and didn’t answer him. He turned me around slowly and leveled his height with mine as he stared at me.

“The first time I saw him, I knew he was going to be a rival. Seeing as he’s already engaged, I don’t need to worry about competition. I’m only stating what’s my territory” Sehun whispered to me sternly.

What has gotten into him? I stared into his dark eyes. He was angry. This is something that I’ve never seen before. Before I could answer him, Jihyun appeared.

“Sehun… Dad wants to talk to you in his study room” Jihyun said quietly as if embarrassed if she was interrupting something since we were so close together.

Sehun heaved a sigh and walked towards the study room, leaving me with Jihyun. Jihyun stayed a little longer as if she wanted to say something to me but I turned around and I could hear her leave the room. I heard the door close and I sighed in relief. When I felt a presence behind me soon after, I turned around quickly.

“What are you doing right now?” I hissed.

“Did you think about what I told you last night some more?” He smiled.

“… I’m leaving” I avoided him as I started to head for the door.

Before I could leave, he grabbed my hand and spun me around. As he gripped tightly both sides of my waist, he pulled me closer to him. Just as we had no space between us to even breathe, let alone talk, he rested his head on the crook of my neck.

“I like you. I like you so so much. More than anything I have ever liked” he confessed quietly.

My hands dangled on the sides of my body. I didn’t want to reciprocate what I think was a hug between us. But at the same time, my hands were itching. Were itching to touch him as much as he wanted to touch me. For some reason, my body reacts differently around Kai than it does to Sehun. Don’t get me wrong? I like Sehun’s touch but Kai’s touch… it’s electrifying. It’s dangerous. It’s tempting. It’s like something I have never felt before.

“Stop” I warned him after gaining back my rationality.

He stared into my eyes and leaned in closer. With only one centimeter apart from touching, he smiled and closed the remaining distance between us. It was soft but so compassionate. Gradually, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back with as much passion as I felt. His grip on my waist tightened as if he was afraid that I would leave.

This kid that was first my tutor. This kid that is my sister’s fiancé. This kid that makes me so annoyed but I know is good hearted inside. This kid that follows me around like I am seven. For some reason, he’s growing on me. In a way, I can’t explain. 

 

I will finish this fanfic by the end of the week! smiles =)