Dangerous

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

What the hell? Did I just do? I looked away as Jongin drove away. We didn’t speak. I clenched the hem of Jongin’s sweater… it smelled nice. Something about his scent made me feel warm. I hugged myself as I felt shivers down my spine.

“Are you still cold?” he asked me as he increased the heat in the car.

“Aren’t you going to ask me about the kiss earlier?” I asked a little taken aback.

“Well… I was but I was waiting for you to tell me about it first” he stuttered.

“Let me get this straight. Minho told me not to get into trouble again… you were out of breath… I was just trying to help. It was instinctive! I didn’t think about it!” I said trying to justify my actions.

“Okay” he said under his breath.

“Let’s forget about it”

“Done. Just like the first time” he smirked as he turned towards me.

What the hell does that mean? I looked at him and the continuous staring contest between him was making me uncomfortable so I shifted my gaze to the window. Where are we going anyways?

“Home?” he asked.

I can’t go home. I don’t know what I’ll do if my predictions are right. What happens if it is her? What am I capable of doing? Kill? I’m not ready yet. I’m not ready to face what can become my worst nightmare. I’m not ready yet… But where can I go this late at night? Sehun?

“Can I borrow your phone for a second?” I asked Jongin.

He gave me his phone without hesitation. I didn’t need my phone to call Sehun. I knew his number. It has been implanted in my head for so many years. It rang three times before someone picked up. I was excited as I heard the call being picked up but as soon as I heard the person speak, I felt somewhat hurt. Why do you ask? Because an unfamiliar girl picked up his call. Which means… he was out… with another girl… Why was I angry anyways? I was the one who rejected him… I can’t be mad… right? I hung up immediately and shoved the phone back to Jongin.

“Do you have money on you right now?” I asked him.

“Yeah… I have my card,” he answered.

“Can I get a room at a hotel? I don’t want to go back home tonight,” I answered.

“Hotel? You can stay over at my place for the night” he suggested.

“Your place?” I asked.

“I don’t think Jihyun would like it if I told her that you were staying at a hotel”

 

Kai’s POV

 

We arrived in front of my house soon after. Parking the car in the garage, I walked her to the door and I placed my jacket on the kitchen counter. She stood motionless behind the front door. Was she nervous? I gestured for her to sit on the sofa as I got her a glass of water but she declined.

“I really just want to take a shower,” she confessed bluntly.

I chuckled slightly and pointed her towards the first floor bathroom. As I went to the second floor bathroom to take my own shower, I remembered that she didn’t have any clean clothes. I went to my closet and chose some clothes that would be most fitting for her. Sadly all I could find was cashmere Rugby tee shirt. I rummaged through my drawers but all of my pants would be too large for her. I sighed. This will have to do. I went back downstairs and placed the shirt in front of the door.

I quickly took a shower and went downstairs to meet Aemi. Surprisingly she was in the kitchen rummaging through the fridge. I watched as she bent over and looked through the fridge. Her hair was wet and disheveled. The tee shirt fitted loosely on her small body but it was slightly too short to cover a majority of her legs. Her pale milky legs stood out. She grabbed the Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream from the fridge. Closing the fridge, she tried to reach for a bowl in the cabinet. She tiptoed trying to reach for it but when that didn’t work, she tried to jump for it.

My eyes roamed to the edge of the shirt she was wearing. As she jumped, the shirt rose. It was already short on her but it was getting shorter… and shorter… I couldn’t help but stare. Suddenly, she gave up and turned around. I froze. I am such a ert… I can’t believe that I was staring at her like that. Like she was some kind of desert. I wanted to mentally slap myself. Su Aemi… what are you doing to me?

“I hope you don’t mind. I wanted to eat something…” she said.

“Help yourself,” I replied as I walked away.

I need to stay away from her. She is dangerous. I can’t function with her around me. I turned around and was going to head to my room when she asked me where I was going.

“I’m going to sleep on the sofa. You sleep in my room,” I said as I went to get some blankets.

“I’m not tired yet… can we just sit and talk?” she asked almost pleadingly.

“I’m reall—”

“Please. I don’t want to be alone”

So we sat on my bed as I turned the TV on. She curled herself around with the blankets and ate the ice cream from the carton. I sat on the sofa chair that was a few feet away from the bed. No way am I going to sit on the same bed as her. Who knows what will happen! I tried to watch TV but my eyes would subconsciously drift back to her. After thirty minutes of attempting to watch TV, I finally gave up. I was about to get up and leave until she spoke.

“I’ve always been curious about something,” she muttered as she turned to look at me.

“Why keep dancing a secret? When I saw you, you looked so angry that someone else knew. Why?”

“Just as swimming and clubbing relieves stress for you, dancing is the only way for me to be me. I can be whoever I want to be”

I don’t know why I answered her question. I hated people butting into my life. I hated people who were busybodies but for some reason, I don’t feel annoyed. I don’t feel angry when she asked. I felt like I could share it with her. Why? I don’t know. That seems to be my answer to a lot of my questions lately.

“Why can’t you share it with Jihyun?”

I paused. Why can’t I share it with Jihyun? I’ve known her for so long. We’ve been together for so long. Why can’t I let Jihyun into my world? I looked at Aemi puzzlingly, I can’t even answer that question myself. How do you expect me to answer that?

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked finally trying to avoid her previous question.

“Why does it seem like you hate everyone and everything?”

I watched as her facial expressions changed. She seemed somewhat taken aback at my question. I have many questions I want to ask her. I find her so intriguing and so different. But I would probably freak her out if I asked her all of it. So I chose one of them.

“I don’t hate everyone and everything. I just hate Su Minho and Su Jihyun,” she stated coldly.

“But why?”

“Because they took the one person who was the most important to me”

I shouldn’t have asked her that. I think I clicked a button in her that evoked hatred and utter disdain. But even then, I found her alluring. She placed the ice cream cartoon on the ground and she lay down on the pillow. I guess she wanted to sleep.

“I’m tired, I’m going to go to bed first” she whispered.

“I’m sorry if I said something I wasn’t supposed to. I.. didn’t mean it” I said to her moments later.

I waited for a response but I didn’t hear anything. She must’ve fallen asleep. I walked towards the door and closed the light. Closing the door behind me, I breathed heavily. It has been a long night. I’m still just as puzzled and confused as before… perhaps even more confused than before. I looked back slightly and waited in front of the door. Sweet Dreams Su Aemi. 

 

SOOO I finally see snow! EEPS! Anyways I will update again probably on Monday or Tuesday. Please comment and subscribe!