Confrontations

Permanent December

 

Jihyun’s POV

 

“Why did you come home so late? Did Sehun drive you back?” I asked her as she walked by the living room.

“It’s none of your concern Jihyun” Aemi answered as she walked by me without acknowledgement.

“When… until when are you going to be like this”

She stopped in her tracks with my sudden question. I stared at her long black hair. She is still the same Aemi I remembered her to be four years ago yet she is so different. Her aura and her personality. Physically, she is the same but she’s a completely new person in the inside. Even being her other half, I can’t read her. I approached her and turned to face her.

“I don’t have an Unnie. Su Jihyun is just someone who looks like me. I have no familial ties with her” she stated coldly.

“Why? Why are you still like this? Why can’t you move on?” I asked a little confused.

“Did you ever regret not coming that day?... You could’ve saved her. She could’ve been here with us, breathing and living with us. I won’t ever forgive you and Minho” she hissed.

“Aemi, Mom… I miss her too. I wish she was here with us but she’s gone. Why can’t you just live happily?  Mom would want that too”

“If Minho paid a little attention. Just a little attention to Mom, she wouldn’t have suffered like this. And you.. you could’ve saved her but you chose your violin performance before Mom! You are the most selfish person I’ve ever met! Even when I begged you, even when I cried over the phone, even when I told you it was Mom, you chose to ignore it. I have no relations with someone who is so coldhearted as you” Aemi said as she walked by me purposely bumping into me forcefully.

“I wanted to warn you… that Father is thinking about an arranged marriage between Sehun and you,” I said to her as I stared at her walking back.

She turned around quickly and stopped moving almost as if she was in thought about the matter. She loosened her scarf irritably. Immediately, I thought about Kai. Kai does the same thing when he is angry and irritated. I almost lost track of my own thoughts until Aemi asked me a question.

“Where is Minho? In his office?”

I nodded.

 

Aemi’s POV

 

Quickly walking up the stairs, I opened the large grand doors of his office. When I walked in, he was seated at his desk looking through some papers. He had his reading glasses on as he looked up. Putting his papers aside, he crossed his hands and silently waited for me to speak as if he expected me to come.

“You have absolutely no right to pick my husband for me. I will not consent!” I yelled.

“I’m afraid that after today’s dinner with the Kims that you might need to learn some proper manners. You embarrassed not only me but your sister too” he sighed.

“I’m warning you. I will not go through with this,” I further stated as I tried to make a point to him.

“I’ve already given it much thought. I think it is best for you guys to get married before you get into any scandals”

“Have you gone crazy? Is something wrong with your head? Sehun is my Oppa. I don’t like him like that. I can’t marry someone who I don’t love”

“You think I really don’t know what goes on in England? The constant sneak outs to clubs. The drinking. The sleepovers in his dorm. Don’t deny and tell me that you two aren’t dating”

“You had people follow me? Aha I should’ve known you’d do something like this,” I laughed to myself bitterly as if I was a fool.

“You really think I don’t know any of it? If someone else were to know, what would others think of Su Minho’s daughter? That she is an uneducated ? I didn’t raise you to behave like this”

“You didn’t raise me at all! While Mom was taking care of me, you were going on late night dates with that ty !”

“Su Aemi! I will not tolerate this behavior anymore! Do not speak so disrespectfully to me!” he yelled as he stood up in frustration.

“We aren’t dating and even if we did, it is none of your concern. I will choose to marry whomever I choose to. I’m not Jihyun. I’m not going to go to dedicate my life to please you. That job is already taken I believe” I smirked at his reddened face in victory.

“I can’t even stand being in the same room as you,” I hissed as I started to head for the exit.

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“Let’s forget what just happened. I was just caught in the moment,” she said bluntly.

“So… why did you do it?” I asked a little confused.

“You wouldn’t stop talking when I asked you to…”

“So it was all for fun?” I asked with a hint of irritation.

“… Sehun… why are you acting like it’s a big deal. It’s not like we haven’t kissed before” she rebuked as if she was morally right.

“Those kisses were different Aemi. I can’t believe you played me,” I muttered to myself in defeat.

“You’re acting so strange. What’s the difference if it was on the cheek or on the lips? A kiss is a kiss”

“Have you always been the kind of girl who didn’t care? Do you not cherish your own body at all?”

“I don’t know what the big deal is!” Aemi yelled back.

“That was your first kiss! Don’t you think you should’ve saved it for a better occasion like for someone you liked! Why? Why are you playing around Aemi??”

“Don’t you get it? I can only do these things with you. Why are you yelling at me!?!?” she yelled once more before she got out of the car and slammed the car door behind her.

 

What the hell did she mean by that? She just said that she was playing with me? I was laying on the sofa in thought about what happened earlier when I dropped her off. I shifted my position and faced my iPhone. Isn’t she going to at least call and explain? Aish this girl! I smacked the iPhone on the coffee table and the TV.