A Late Night Swim

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked in confusion as I saw Jihyun and Jongin waiting for me at the lobby.

“Dad is going to be mad at you if you return alone. If I come with you, he won’t be” Jihyun said.

I looked at her in disbelief. Why was she doing so much for me? Why wouldn’t she just leave me alone? I walked out of the resort and into the car without uttering another word. The long flight back home was tiring. We didn’t arrive until late in the night. Jongin was going to stay the night upon Jihyun’s suggestion. I entered through the front door and saw an unfamiliar pair of high heels on the floor.

“Someone else is home,” I muttered as I entered.

I walked around the house. It was silent but I heard some conversation coming from Minho’s bedroom. I was about to peek inside when Jihyun suddenly closed the door. Then it was completely silent inside. I looked at her in pure irritation. I could recognize that voice. That voice.

“What are you doing?” I almost yelled.

“Dad is conversing with someone. It is impolite to intrude on him like that,” she said for the first time in a stern voice.

“Why? What’s with the sudden change in tone? Is that who I think it is?” I asked with a smirk.

“Jihyun, what’s going on?” I heard Jongin ask.

“Let me in” I ordered.

“No. Go to your room Aemi” Jihyun demanded me back.

“If you don’t move, I’m going to have to make you” I threatened.

“Make me” Jihyun said.

Just as I was about to push her aside, Jongin stepped in between us. He protectively blocked me away from Jihyun. I glared at him angrily. He was interfering with our family business.

“Step aside,” I said grudgingly.

I heard Jihyun whisper something to Jongin but before I could really catch what she said, Jongin grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the house.

“Let go! Let me go!” I yelled in refusal.

He closed the front door and brought me outside. I clenched my fists trying hard not to give in my desire to punch him. I was about to take my phone and call Sehun when I realized that it is still at home.

“Give me your car keys,” I said as I held my hand out.

“Where are you planning to go?”

“Are you going to give it to me or not!??!?” I yelled in frustration.

He gave me his car keys hesitantly. I entered into his car and was about to drive away when he suddenly opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. I glared at him and drove away.

“Are you angry at me for intervening?” he asked breaking the silence.

“Do you care if I am?” I sniped back at him.

“Do I have to answer that question?”

“No, you don’t” I answered.

“Yes I do. I do care”

I hit the gas pedal harder and drove by a red light. Jongin gripped on his seatbelt.

“You’re speeding! Stop or you’ll crash!” he yelled as he tried to take a hold of the wheel.

Frustrated, I hit the brake harshly making both our heads go forward. The car came to an abrupt stop. I looked to see if there was any damage, none but the car was abut an inch away from a pole. Jongin made me give him the wheel afterwards. He slowly drove on the streets as I looked out at the window.

“Do you want to go clubbing?” I asked him.

 

“Don’t go clubbing without me. Promise” he said.

“Promise” I smiled as I pinky promised.

 

I looked away almost on the verge of tears.

“Clubbing?” he asked.

“I changed my mind. Let’s go for a swim,” I suggested.

“A swim?”

 

Kai’s POV

 

She was crazy. She is out of her mind crazy. We were parked in front of the athletic department at my university. There were guards still there. The indoor pool is closed at this hour. We snuck in through the back and entered the building. It wasn’t entirely dark as the reflection of the dim light from the water made a good source of light. We stood in front of the turquoise pool of water. I looked at her then back at the pool. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back. She was… she was… oh my god!

“What are you doing?” I asked her as I looked away in embarrassment.

“What does it look like? Getting in the water,” she replied as she undressed herself.

I must have imagined it. The sound of her ping her jeans made my palms sweat. I gulped hardly and I still didn’t look at her.

“Aren’t you going to undress?” she asked.

“I-I… I don’t think this is a good idea” I stuttered.

Before I knew it, she grabbed the collar of my black Burberry jacket and undressed me. I still wouldn’t look at her. She lifted up my gray sweater underneath and took that off as well. Then when she moved down to my bottoms. I was blushing like crazy! She was driving me insane. I felt her hands unbuckling my belt and I widened my eyes. I never felt so harassed before! I took a step back.

“S-Sss-s-TOP! I mean it!” I yelled.

I heard her chuckle. I looked at her for the first time. She wasn’t wearing any bottoms but she still had her undergarments on. She was wearing white underwear. I could feel my heart race. She left on her gray tee as well. Thank god! I don’t know how my heart would take it if she.. God forbid… I can’t even say the words. Still she made my heart race incredibly quick. I’ve never felt this way before towards anyone and I didn’t know how to make it stop.

“Then undress yourself. It’ll be fun!” she promised.

Hesitantly, I took my belt off and my jeans. I took off my shirt as I didn’t want it to get wet and I saw Aemi smile. I can’t believe I’m doing this. She makes me do the craziest things! Aemi jumped into the water making a loud splash. I jumped in soon following. Our heads emerged from the water.

“Doesn’t it feel good? Swimming almost always relieves stress for me” she said.

“So this is what you do when you’re stressed,” I asked her.

“Something similar to it. I actually like to party and drink but someone told me not to”

“Who?”

“Someone special” she smiled as she swam a lap across the pool.

I followed suit and I met her at the end of the pool. When we were going to swim another lap, we heard someone walk in. We looked at each other and I quickly grabbed her hand and gestured her to go under. Taking a deep breath, we went under water. I opened my eyes and saw her. She smiled and I smiled back. I noticed something sparkling on her stomach. Her tee shirt was lifting up and I realized soon after that she has a belly button piercing. So we stayed underwater for a good two minutes. I was having a hard time adjusting and as I looked up, I could still see the light from the flashlight. The guard was still there.

I shook my head. I couldn’t hold my breath any longer. I swam upwards towards the surface and before my head can emerge from the surface, I felt Aemi’s hand yank me back down under. I looked at her in disbelief. I couldn’t hold it anymore. I shook my head again and was about to rush to the surface when suddenly, out of the blue, she placed her lips on mine. 

 

A double update for today! I hope you liked it. Please comment and subcribe like always! smiles =)