An Unusual Confession

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

I couldn’t sleep all night after what Sehun asked me. I woke up during the middle of the night. It was 1 AM. I sighed heavily as I carefully removed Sehun’s arm off my waist. His body shifted a little but then I got out of bed successfully. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and I heard my phone ring. The caller ID was Kai again. I decided to answer it and as I placed the phone to my ears, I heard an unfamiliar voice.

“Hello, can you pick this man up? He’s terribly drunk and I have no idea where to put him,” a man said.

“Who’s this?” I asked.

“I’m a waiter at Shamrock Restaurant. Can you pick him up?”

I quickly agreed and hung up with him. Why the hell is he drinking? I called Jihyun and she didn’t pick up. Grabbing Sehun’s car keys, I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a black hoodie before leaving. I drove the car and surprisingly, it was empty. I saw Kai momentarily. He was asleep with his head resting on his arms. I paid the man a fairly good tip for taking care of him and paid for his meal.

“Kai?” I asked as I poked his shoulder.

“Kai? Wake up” I said with a louder voice as I poked him again.

He woke up in annoyance and shrugged me away from him. Annoyed, I took his arm and placed it over my neck and dragged him into the car. When I buckled his seatbelt, I noticed that he woke up slightly. As I was about to close the car door, he grabbed my hand.

“Aemi?” he asked with slurred speech.

“Oh my god. You’re such a big kid and you can’t even take care of yourself…” I sighed as I closed the car door.

I entered in the car and the engine. I looked over at my passenger and he was clearly wiped out now. I drove back to his house and dragged his body onto his bed. Pulling his legs over, I covered his body with his blanket. I went to the kitchen to get some painkillers and a glass of water and placed it on his bedside. I glanced at him to ensure that everything was all right before I left. Before I was able to leave, Kai managed to grab the hem of my shirt.

“Can’t you stay here for a while?” he asked in a low whisper.

There was no hint of drunkenness in his voice no longer. He was somber all along. Why the hell did he drag me here then if he wasn’t drunk? I turned around and stared at him. His eyes were closed.

“You were somber all along?” I asked in a somewhat loud whisper.

 

Kai’s POV

 

I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the bed next to me. Her eyes widened in shock. She was about to get up but I hovered over her to block her efforts. She glared back at me in response.

“What do you think you’re doing brother-in- law?” she asked.

“Do you think its fun playing with me?” I asked her.

“Do you think its fun making me into a fool?”

She looked at me with her furrowed eyebrows as if she was not sure what I was talking about. I could inhale her vanilla scent and it was beyond intoxicating. I stared at her and I felt a thousand different emotions flow through my veins. Pain. Jealousy. Love. Desire. It was so different than when I held Jihyun. For Jihyun, I felt absolutely nothing. But for her sister, I feel things I have never felt before.

“Get off of me Jongin,” she said.

“I told you to call me Kai”

“Kai… can you please get off of me?” she pleaded as she corrected herself.

“I like you” I confessed.

She stared at me speechlessly.

“I’m serious, get off of me,” she repeated again.

“Did you not hear what I just said? I just confessed to you how I felt”

I was growing irritated. She was not acting the way I had predicted her to.

“I heard you the first time” she replied finally.

“Stay here. By my side for tonight” I whispered into her ears.

“Sehun is waiting for me”

As if she knew how to hurt me. She knew how to send a needle to my heart. I stared at her and giving up, I sat up. Soon, she sat upright as well staring at me. I turned around to face her.

“I’m not going to say sorry for what I did. I may be selfish but for the first time in my life, I have something that I want. I have something that I want to protect. I’m not going to let you go”

“Are you crazy? How can you like your fiance’s sister? I’m your sister- in- law! No matter how much I hate Jihyun, I can’t do this to her or to Sehun” she finally exploded.

“You could’ve outright rejected me. But you didn’t reject me because you didn’t feel something for me. You rejected me because I’m engaged to your sister. You feel something for me. Am I wrong?”

“I don’t like you”

“You’re lying”

“If I kissed you right now, would you be confident that it wouldn’t make your heart race? Would you be confident that you wouldn’t want to kiss me back? Would you?” I questioned her as I leaned in.

“Don’t test me,” she warned me.

“I don’t know why I like you so much. You have such a big mouth, why do I still find you so attractive? Hmm?” I as I leaned in closer.

Then out of nowhere, she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer to her. Our lips touched and though the kiss was brief and short, I was completely mesmerized. My arms wrapped around her waist and before I could get over shock and was about to take control, she pulled away.

“See, it’s like kissing a piece of cardboard” she stated when she got up and left the room.

I chuckled slightly as I watched her run out of the room.

 

 

SORRY I haven't updated in a while. I was wicked lazy...