Reconciliation

Permanent December

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

“Su Aemi?” I asked confused.

“Yeollie? Yah! What are you doing here?” Aemi replied in an amused tone.

“This isn’t a place for young ladies like you. I’m bringing you home” I said as I grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

“Let go! Let me go!” she protested.

I finally released her when we were fully out of the noisy club. People were starting to stare at us because of her loud shouts. I haven’t seen this girl in years but she has definitely changed. The Su Aemi I knew would never come to a place like this and dress like this with such heavy makeup. I didn’t envision Aemi like this at all. And I can’t believe I was checking her out! Oh my god!

“What are you doing in a place like this?” I asked her in a tone of authority.

“What does it look like? I’m having fun” she replied nonchalantly as she was going to walk back into the building.

I grabbed her hand again and forced her to face me.

“You won’t be having fun in that building,” I said sternly.

“I haven’t seen you in so long and this is how you treat an old friend. What the hell are you?” she yelled.

So she still has her sharp tongue.

“Sehun is going to be mad that you are here tonight alone” I stated as a matter of fact.

“So? He’s probably making out with some girl right now anyways. Why would he care?” she snapped at the mention of Sehun.

“Care? He’s been drinking nonstop for a week thinking about you! What do you mean he doesn’t care!” I yelled frustrated that she wasn’t listening to me.

“Yah! Why are you yelling at me!” she yelled back.

“Why are you yelling at me! You started it!”

“Ugh! You are so childish!” she exclaimed as she looked away.

I chuckled. I win! Like always.

“Come on, I’m taking you home” I said as I grabbed her hand again leading her to my car.

“No! I don’t want to go home!” she exclaimed in protest.

“Then where do you wanna go?”

 

Aemi’s POV

 

I can’t believe I bumped into Yeollie today. Its been what? Probably over ten years? He has changed so much over the years. He was no longer the crybaby who needed my protection. He was a grown man. I was a little surprised seeing that he grew up so well.

“Let’s go to your bar and drink” I suggested.

“You drink?” he asked shocked.

“Are we going or not? If not, I’m getting out of this car,” I stated blankly.

We arrived in front of a beautiful twenty-story condo building in Gangnam. It was stationed near the beach. Yeollie gestured me to walk in and he guided me to condo number 20- 1. Where the hell are we?

“I said bar. Why are you bringing me here?” I asked him as I stepped into someone’s house.

“This is my place. The bar is too dangerous. I thought drinking at home would be more pleasurable,” he said as he walked to his own mini bar at home.

So Yeollie was his own bartender and he made the drinks for us. Surprisingly, he had skills too. We drank shot after shot. I could tell that he was surprised at my high tolerance for alcohol. But even with a high tolerance, I also had a limit.

“You seem upset?” Yeollie said as he passed me another shot.

“Just make the drinks Yeol,” I muttered as I stared blankly at the empty shot glass.

“You’re getting drunk,” he warned me after my twentieth cup.

“I’m..nnot..drunk” I stated trying not to stutter my words but failed.

Before I knew it, I was unconscious. I didn’t hear anything but someone arguing and then the next morning, I awoke in a white bed with the curtains unveiled allowing the sunlight to burst into the wide room. I looked around. Everything was so familiar. This was Sehun’s room. I rolled over to the other side and was reluctant to get up.

“Good morning” I heard Sehun say.

I sat up and realized that I was wearing one of Sehun’s collared blue Rugby shirts.

What the hell? Who changed me?

“Where are my clothes?” I asked a bit irritated.

“You puked on your dress last night. I took it to dry clean” he said as he took a sip of coffee from the mug he was holding as he leaned against the wall in front of me.

“So you changed me?” I asked a bit embarrassed.

“I’ve seen everything before anyways” he smirked.

I had to remind myself that I was still upset with him. I could hear his sarcastic tone in his voice. We are not on good terms Oh Sehun but now that he was in front of me. I was weak. Where was he when I was in pain? Where was she when I needed him most? I missed him so badly. I missed the only person in this world that can make me feel safe and secured. I missed him so much…

 

Sehun’s POV

 

I wanted to apologize to her. If she can’t be with me then I want ‘us’ to go back to the way things were. I tried. I tried so hard to live without you and I can’t. I can’t function without hearing your voice call me. I can’t. Just as I was about to apologize, she spoke.

“Are you still mad at me? For rejecting you,” she asked me.

I was a little taken aback. She has never initiated defeat in front of me. It was always I who apologized and seek for forgiveness. Should I tell her how weak I was without her or play the authoritative figure in our relationship for once? I went with the latter choice. I wanted to see if she needed me just as much as I needed her.

“If I am?” I questioned her as I sat next to her on the bed.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered in a low whisper.

“What? I can’t hear you” I with a voice that showed no trace of friendliness.

“I’m sorry. I can’t live without you. I don’t have anyone else but you Sehun. If I lose you too… I’m really going to be alone” she said as she began to tear.

The sight of her tears made my heart break into several pieces. Something happened. Something must’ve happened and I wasn’t there for her. I broke my promise to her. After all these years, I broke my promise to her now. I felt like the bad guy. I felt like a thousand needles pricking my heart when she suddenly embraced me tightly. The vanilla scent that I missed so much…

“I’m sorry,” I whispered in her ear as I her hair gently.

“You promised me that you’d never leave me. You promised me that you’d always be there for me. Where were you? I needed you so badly and where were you?” she cried.

“I was being stupid” I blamed myself.

“That’ll never happen again” I assured her as I tried to stop her from crying.

“Do you hurt as much as I do?” she suddenly asked me out of the blue.

“More” I whispered when I placed her hand on my chest.

“I’ll give it a try”

I widened my eyes. Was this it? The moment I was waiting for?

“I’ll give ‘us’ a try” she repeated as we stared at one another without movement.