Unexpected

Permanent December

 

Kai’s POV

 

Damn it! Where the hell is she? She promised me that she was going to go for a walk and go back home! UGH! I can’t believe I fell for her little tricks. I drove around Seoul in search for her all night. Jihyun told me that she hadn’t returned all night. I was getting worried. I looked around endlessly at every corner, at every store at every street. I walked by a convenience store and finally spotted her with a bunch of snacks in her hands. I barged in and grabbed her arm.

“Kai… what are you doing here?” she asked startled.

Angry, I took all the snacks in her hands and put them on the counter and dragged her outside. She yelled at me in protest but I was able to drag her to my car before she refused to enter the car.

“What are you doing?!? Let me go!” she yelled.

I let her go reluctantly as she grabbed her wrist in pain. I glared at her, as she seems oblivious to the reason why I am so upset with her. She looked back at me and her gaze seemed to have weakened me momentarily.

“I’m not going back. You can tell Jihyun that too,” she plainly stated.

“Do you have any idea how long I’ve been looking for you? I thought something happened to you,” I said.

“Well now you know I’m fine. Are we done here?”

“Can you at least tell me where you’re staying?” I asked in defeat.

Before she could answer, a man had approached us and placed his arm around Aemi’s waist. As I watched them interact, I felt something. Something I’ve never felt before. I felt angry. I felt confused. I felt like I wanted to beat the daylights out of that man.

“Who’s this?” the man asked with a smile.

“This is Jihyun’s fiancé Kim Kai and Kai this is my boyfriend Oh Sehun” she introduced us.

Boyfriend? Since when did she get a boyfriend? Sehun placed his hand in front of me as if looking for a handshake. I shook his hands politely.

“Nice to meet you Kai”

“Same to you. But please call me Jongin” I stated the last sentence bitterly.

So I guess she’s staying with him… somehow I felt oddly angry with this.

 

Jihyun’s POV

 

I knocked on Kai’s door and moments later, he opened the door. He looked like he slept in a lot. Since he came back from his meeting with Aemi, he seemed upset about something. Worried, I visited him today with some porridge. I entered into his house and noticed the empty wine bottles all clustered on the living room table. He’s been drinking… I tidied up his living room as he went back to his room without uttering another word. When I was finished, I went to his room. He was still lying in bed. I knew he wasn’t really sleeping so I called his name.

“Yes?” he whispered tiredly.

“Is something bothering you? You don’t seem you lately?” I asked as I sat near his bedside.

“… It’s nothing Jihyun. I’m sorry for making you worried”

He sat up and faced me. I looked at his tired eyes and his disheveled hair. He was hiding something from me. I touched the side of his face lovingly. I missed him so much. We stared at one another for a long moment until he pulled me closer to him. Now only a few centimeters away from him, I felt my heart beat incredibly fast.

He closed the remaining distance between us quickly. My eyes widen and I clenched my fist in anticipation and excitement. I didn’t need to do anything because he did everything. His lips were so demanding. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. I followed where he led me. Before I knew it, our kiss started to become more aggressive when Kai bit my lip hungrily. The taste of blood was evident but I chose to ignore it.

Suddenly, he lifted me to the center of the bed. My heart raced faster and faster as he hovered over me. His gaze. His lips. His everything. I smiled at him as he hungrily closed in once more. His hands traced the length of the arms and stopped at the edge of my blouse. Before I was ready to give my consent, he stopped. He rested his head on the crook of my shoulder as his hands were placed between me to support himself. I breathed heavily as I waited for him to speak.

“I’m sorry Jihyun… I shouldn’t have done that” he apologized in a whisper as he got up from the bed.

“So it does feel different” I heard him mutter to himself.

 

Aemi’s POV

 

“He was an interesting guy” Sehun commented as he was making pasta.

“What are you talking about?” I as I watched him.

“He likes you” Sehun said out of the blue.

“What? Is this you being jealous?” I laughed.

“I don’t need to be. I know your heart is with me”

I chuckled. What a cheesy thing to say. But I still liked it nonetheless. I watched him as I waited for the food to be cooked. While he waited for the water to boil, I leaned on the kitchen counter and gestured him to come closer to me. He leaned in and our faces were again close to each other.

“You know, I don’t know how I am supposed to control myself if my girlfriend can’t keep her hands off of me” Sehun smirked.

“Then don’t,” I whispered to him.

He looked at me amused then he chuckled and went back to cooking. I laughed out loud. This guy! He sure knows how to surprise me. Though I was slightly disappointed, I knew he would eventually make his move later anyways. I told him that I’d wait for him in the living room and when I plumped myself on the sofa, I heard my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID; it was Kai. I decided to ignore the call. 

Sehun called me to the dining room and we ate the pasta happily. He was always a great chef. When I finished, I offered to do the dishes but Sehun said that the maids could do it later. I shrugged and nodded. We spent the rest of the night together, he was reading while I was watching TV. I heard him yawn tiredly so I closed the TV.

“Come on, let’s go to bed,” I suggested as I walked up the stairs to his room.

I pulled the covers over me and faced him as he stared at the ceiling. He was thinking again… I continued to stare at him and something reminded me of Kai. When Kai was sleeping and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of him. Then I remembered the phone call from earlier. Before I could get up and call him, Sehun turned to me suddenly.

“Do you want to get married?” he asked.

I looked at him baffled. Why was he suddenly like this? I looked at him seriously and there was no hint of mockery on his face. I stared at him silently.

“We can still agree to our parents’ arrangement. I want to get married,” he said.

“Sehun… we’re too young. I don’t want to get married right now,” I honestly confessed.

“…. I expected you’d say that. But I’ll wait. Whenever you’re ready” he smiled.

I turned to the other side as I looked away. I can’t believe he just said that. I can’t believe that he was considering marriage! I felt a pair of arms around my waist and the presence of someone pressed against my back. Sehun… I could feel his hot breath as he kissed the side of my neck. His grip on my waist tightened as his right hand found its way up my shirt. I felt his warm hand touching my bare abdomen. I gasped quietly as I laid frozen in place. He noticed my body tense up and whispered in my ear.

“I’m having a harder time controlling myself Aemi, we can’t keep sleeping like this”