Never Ending Surprises

Permanent December

 

Aemi’s POV

 

“Aish! I’m done! I can’t do this. I can’t do that! How can a person live like this?” I yelled in frustration.

“Aemi… close your mouth as you eat please” he instructed me.

I ignored him as I continued to eat my breakfast. He’s been ruining my entire morning… waking me up at 5 in the morning!?! AISH! I eyed him as I took another bite of my delicious omelet.

“And to answer your previous question. Your sister lives like this. You ought to be like her more”

“I don’t need to be like anyone else but Su Aemi. If you’ll excuse me, I lost my appetite” I said as I wiped the corners of my mouth with the napkin.

“Your lesson hasn’t finished yet. Sit down”

“But I’m finished” I said as I turned around.

“If you keep up with that attitude, you’ll get yourself into trouble someday Aemi. You need to learn patience”

“I don’t have all the time in the world. For Minho or for anyone else for that matter”

“Why don’t you ever listen for once? Must you always talk back?” he asked me as if he didn’t know the answer.

“Why must I do this? Minho is only trying to punish me. Why are you doing this anyways? What is Minho to you for you to be lecturing your fiancée’s sister? HUH?”

“He’s someone I am in debt to” he answered.

Just as I was about to ask, Jihyun entered the dining room. She didn’t seem surprised that Jongin and I were fighting.

“Aemi… it’s enough. Please stop arguing. Father is still asleep,” Jihyun said with her ‘angelic’ voice.

I crossed my arms in defiance as I stood in between Jihyun and Jongin.

“I spoke with Father yesterday. I persuaded him into stopping these lessons. You’re excused from now on,” she said.

“Really? I really don’t have to do these anymore?” I asked in shock.

“Yes. Are you happy?” she smiled at me.

I smiled subconsciously. Yes! I was free! But I immediately composed myself.

“Don’t think just because you helped me that I would forgive you,” I stated as I left.

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“Sehun, I’ve spoken with Minho. I’ve heard some interesting things,” my father said as we both sat in his study room.

“What did you hear?” I asked a little nervous.

“I never knew that my son was dating Minho’s youngest daughter. Don’t you think that you should have informed your family before you two started to date?”

“Dad. That’s absurd. There is no such thing,” I denied.

“What are these? You mean to tell me that she would just sleep in your dorm on a regular basis and you guys aren’t dating? Who would believe such a ridiculous story?”

Dad pointed to the white envelope on the table. I reached for it and was surprised to see so many pictures of… Aemi and I. There was the time she was drunk, the time when she first slept over, the time I carried her back, the time when we hugged, the time when we held hands… oh my god! How did Dad get these pictures?... Minho. I sighed as I placed them down. Now it really looks like something was going on.

“Minho and I have discussed about you two. Minho suggested having you two married right away. I think it is a good idea. Plus your mother loves Aemi. It would be nice. What do you think?”

Was I hearing this right? Marriage? Does Aemi know about this? She must’ve thrown a tantrum. Come to think of it. Is this why she hasn’t contacted me?

“Dad. We really aren’t like that. Marriage. Is something that two people should agree on. I don’t wish to be forced into anything. Please respect my wishes”

“Sehun. You followed Aemi all the way to England. Can you really lie to your father’s face and tell me you don’t love her?”

Damn! Was I so transparent that even Dad knows about my hidden feelings?

“Does Aemi know about this?”

“I believe Minho spoke to her about it already”

 

Jihyun’s POV

 

“I’ve never seen you so engaged before. It’s the first time I’ve seen you so riled up” I commented as Kai and I was seated in his car.

“What do you mean?” he asked oblivious to what I meant.

“When you were arguing with Aemi… you seemed so different”

“I was just doing my job Jihyun. Stop overthinking things”

I nodded as he fastened my seatbelt for me. He always disinterested in everything. I must’ve been imagining things. I smiled as I gave him the bento box.

“I packed lunch for you. I hope you like it”

“Jihyun… you really don’t need to do any of this. There’s food in school,” he pointed out as he reached out for the lunch.

“I know but I want to”

“Thanks” he said as he leaned a little closer to me.

I could smell his Gucci Envy cologne. It was intoxicating. Though we’ve been together for four years, I rarely get to be so close to him. He never likes others touching him or his things. I was no exception either of course. He leaned in and with only an inch apart, I stared at his dark hazel eyes. He was breathtakingly handsome. My heart started to pound loudly against my chest. I closed my eyes in anticipation.

Was he going to kiss me? Will this be our first real kiss? I mentally squealed as I waited for his lips to crash into mine. What felt like hours were only a few seconds that passed by and nothing happened. I opened my eyes when I can no longer smell him. He was seated back in position at the driver’s seat.

“You had something in your hair” he said emotionlessly as he started the engine.

“Oh… tt-thanks,” I muttered as I shyly stared at the window.

What was I thinking? He would never do anything like that. It’s always been like this. It’s always been me wanting and me wishing and him… oblivious to it all.