The Talk

Change

After managing to get away from Jonghyun, Minki knocked on the door of Onew's room. Seeing the KFC box completely untouched, she became completely worried about her cousin; who wouldn't if Onew, the number one chicken addict, didn't touch it at all?

"It's open." The owner of the room mumbled, making Minki frown even more as she entered the room.

"Oppa, is everything okay?" she asked, sitting down on the bed which he is currently laying in.

Onew turn his head and stare at her. "Of course it is!" He sat up and gave a smile that will make any fan girl melt, but in his head, he is regretting lying to her. 'Of course it's not; not at all. Half of me wants to tell her the truth yet the other half doesn’t want to see her heart broken.' he thought, the guilt slowly eating him.

Minki noticed that his smile didn't show in his eyes; she could see the hurt instead. "Are you sure you're okay?" she asked, hoping that he would tell her the truth.

"I'm positive."

'There goes that look again.' she observed as a silence fell between them.

"Why do you like Jonghyun?" Onew suddenly ask, startling her. "Sorry." He gave a small, sheepish smile when he saw her jump a bit.

"Eh~ That's a good question. Why do I like him?" She pondered the question, making Onew sweatdropped a bit. "But you know what they say: 'If you can say the reason why you love someone, you don’t really love them; you only like them.'" She softly smile, making Onew's guilt-o-meter skyrocket.

"Since when are you looking at love quotes? I never knew you were the one to look them up." he commented, changing the topic a bit. Minki blush slightly at his remark.

"Yah! It's not my fault that QuoteMafia posts up really good tweets on Twitter!" she protested, making Onew laugh a bit.

He sat up and ruffled her hair. "You and your Twitter, Miss EvilLaughter" he grinned.

"Shut up! That username just randomly came to my mind!" she complained. Onew grinned and stood up, pulling her off the bed.

"Let's go eat chicken~" He threw an arm over her shoulder and punch the air with the other one. She laugh and copy his movement.

"Yes~ Let's go eat chicken, chicken lover #1!"

"Alright chicken lover #2!" they laugh and happily walk out the door together.


"Minki, can you do me a favor?"

Minki, who was currently enjoying her beloved chicken, stare at him a swallow a piece that was in . "What is it?"

Onew hesitated, not sure of how he should say it. "Promise me," he started,  "that whatever happens, you won't lose that smile."

She blink a couple of times, unsure about what he meant. "Of course, but what's going to happen?"

He shook his head and grab a piece of chicken. "Nothing. Just promise me that." He gave her a light smile. "Ah, this piece is cold~!" he complain, making Minki laugh. Soon, he laughed with her, enjoying that bright smile on her face.


"." Jonghyun cursed under his breath as he stared at the cousins from the living room. "Onew hyung, what are you trying to do?"

"Jonghyun." Key called out. "Can I talk to you for a bit?" They walked into Key's room then he turned around with his hands on his hips. "I know that I shouldn't get involved in this, but you should know that Minki had been part of the family since she came." Jonghyun remained silent. "Minho and Taemin doesn't know a thing, but Onew and I do and we can see that he's not happy with this at all."

"But-"

"No 'but's! She will find out. Whether its from you, us or somewhere else, she will find out. Be aware of that."


--

Chapter 2 is done~ Hope you enjoy reading this.

Also, comment if you want to/can~

Please excuse the short chapter. I’m not use to writing long stuff… yet…. Maybe sooner or later but still… *bows* 

Annyeong~ Let's see how good the readers are at telling apart my writing with my sisters! >D

@QuoteMafia is a really Twitter account~ I'm sure that, if any of you happen to follow Nichkhun on Twitter, then you do know some of QuoteMafia's quotes cause Nichkhun tends to RT some of them~ <3