A friend in need

Change

Lee Minki aimlessly wondered the streets of Seoul. She was supposed to be in class right now, but when she had left the dorm, she didn't take her schoolbag with her. She sighed. 'That's money down the drain.' she thought. 'But I'm not in the mood to go anyway.' 

She stopped in the middle of the street when her stomach growled. She checked her pockets to find that she only had her cell phone. She sighed as she opened it up and saw that she had twenty missed calls and about forty text messages. Looking at the senders, it was all from SHINee minus Jonghyun. 

Minki frowned and was about to tuck her phone back in her pocket when her stomach growled again. She opened her contacts book and tried to find one person who wouldn't be busy at the moment to buy her a quick meal and there was only one person who could. She clicked the dial button and held the phone up to her ear.

'I'm gonna be a bad boy~'

She smirked upon hearing the dialback tone. 'He's such a fanboy.' she thought as she waited for her friend to pick up.

"Yobosaeyo?" 

She furrowed her brows together when she heard his tired voice. "Did you just wake up or something?"

"The one day I get a day off, I'm allowed to sleep in."

She slightly laughed. "I'm coming over then. You better have something to eat when I come!"

"What? Wae?"

"Just do it~" she hung up on him then ran towards his apartment. In about ten minutes, she rang the doorbell and waited patiently for the door to open. After a minute, a young man in his early twenties opened the door wearing his pajamas. She smiled when she saw him. "Oppa~ I'm so glad you invited me over for lunch~" she sang as she skipped into the apartment and placed her shoes in designated area.

He frowned as he scratched his head. "You invited yourself over. Now, what's the problem?"

"I'm hungry~"

He rolled his eyes and walked towards the kitchen. "You're lucky I made some Pho yesterday; sit and I'll prepare you a bowl."

"Which type?"

"Chicken."

Minki’s eyes twinkles once she heard the word “chicken” and she happily skip over to the table and sat. She watched as he pulled out two bowls then went to attend to the soup base. "You sure you don't want me to help, oppa?"

"Psht, I'm half Vietnamese; I know how to make this, unlike you." he chuckled.

She giggled as she watched the man in front of her. He was very tall and lean, but you would never be able to tell this he was a bagel man. His name is Park Jae Hyun and he's the only solo artist to have debuted under J.Tune Camp, not counting the founder of the label. She had became friends with him because he's one of Taemin's closest friends and because they were practically rivals in Pokemon. 

Minki smiled brightly when Jaehyun placed a bowl of Pho in front of her then went back to the kitchen to grab the chili and Hoisen sauce for the Pho. Once he sat back down, they ate. It was mostly a quiet lunch until half-way through, Minki asked him a question. "Oppa, you have a spare room, right?"

He looked at her with one of his eyebrows raised. "Yeah, why? What's wrong with your current living arrangements? Are you upset that Taemin beat you in another Pokemon battle? I told you to never have a team that is all water Pokemon! Or did Jinki eat your chicken again? You should’ve learnt by now to never leave your chicken laying there when Jinki is around!"

She giggled. "That's not the reason! I just need some time away from SHINee."

"Wae?"

She looked down at her bowl of Pho. "You do know the latest idol news, right?"

Jaehyun shook his head. "I'd been too busy with my promotions to listen to idol gossip. What is the news right now?"

"Kim Jonghyun is dating Shin Sekyung." she muttered.

He tilted his head to the side and blinked. "Isn't he dating you though?" She remained silent. His eyes widened as the shouted something out in Vietnamese and pulled her into a hug. He kept talking to her in Vietnamese and she couldn't help by smile a little.

"Oppa~ you know that I don't know Vietnamese!"

He blinked then slyly smiled. "Oops~ But really, stay here for as long as you want, 'kay?"

She nodded. "Thank you!"


Later that day, Jaehyun drove Minki back to the SHINee dorms to collect her stuff. When they walked into the dorm, they were surprised that SHINee was there. Onew ran up to her and tightly hugged her. "Don't you ever run away like that again!" he scowled then bowed to Jaehyun. "Thanks for bring her back, hyung."

Jaehyun scratched his cheek then took off his sunglasses. "I didn't bring her back." he commented.

"Jinki oppa, I'm going to live with Jaehyun oppa for a while." said Minki.

His eyes and everyone else's widened upon hearing the news. They turned to Jaehyun, who nodded to confirm the truth. "Your umma and appa won't allow you to do that!" protested Onew.

"I already called them; they said it was fine." she replied. "Now excuse me, I have to go pack my things." She got out of his hold and walked into her room.

Jaehyun patted Onew's shoulder. "Jinki," he started, "you know that I wouldn't do anything to her; she's like a little sister to me. Besides, she needs someone else to help her through this." he said as he shot Jonghyun a glare.

Jonghyun looked away and didn't say anything. Onew took a deep breath and nodded, knowing that his hyung was right. 

After a few minutes, Minki stepped out of her room with a small suitcase and duffle bag. "I'm ready to go, oppa."

Onew hugged her one more time. "Call me if you need me." he said and gave her a slight smile.

She giggled. "I'm only going to be twenty minutes away; come over any time."

"Yah! Don't invite guest over without my permission!" scowled Jaehyun.

Taemin got up and hugged her too. "Noona~ Now I don't have anyone to play Pokemon with~"

"You have Minho." she corrected.

"Yes, but his fire Pokemon always kills me!" he pouted.

"Taemin, if you can play Pokemon with me when I'm in Japan and you're in Korea, then you'll be able to play with her." said Jaehyun as he flicked the back of the maknae's head. "Friend code, duh."

He rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, right."

Key and Minho had gone up and said their good-byes too. The only one that didn't was Jonghyun. He just sat there, watching them with some guilt lingering in his eyes.

Minki and Jaehyun went back to his apartment and he went to prepare the Pho again for dinner. As they were eating, Minki called out his name.

"Hmm?"

"I need your help." she said.

He put his chopsticks down. "What is it?"

"I want revenge against Jonghyun, but I don't know where to start." she said.

He looked up as he tapped his index finger against his lips. "If I was in your position... this is what I'll do."

---

I wonder how good Jaehyun's advice would be. keke Also, Park Jaehyun is my own original character, but he has a very minor role in this whole story. :(

Also, who would call Pho Ga, 'Chicken Pho'? That idiot sister! D: Seriously!? -mutter- Her additions had been made to the chapter and edited properly~ But the idiot took her time since she was busy battling, so this was delayed a good... four hours. -____________-;

Really, I don't have any problems if you call my sister a pabo too~ :D