Music Core

Change

Minki lightly moved her bangs from her eyes then looked around to make sure that none of the stylists were watching her. She sighed in relief then leaned back in her chair. She looked at herself in the mirror and noted the black and gold outfit she was in; this was the last outfit from her music video that she was to wear again before she gets completely different outfits for her later stage performances.

She fumbled with her gold belt sash as she thought about her performance on Music Bank yesterday. Her first stage on a music program turned out better than she had thought. Granted, she was completely nervous and she did make a few mistakes that was noticeable to her, her backup dancers and her manager, but that was to be expected since it was her first stage. Today, she was much calmer than she was yesterday and she was ready for her pre-recording and performance today.

She glanced at the clock. 13:09 She'll be recording in another half hour then her performance isn't until 17:00. She sighed and got up from her chair. Since she'll be recording soon, it would be nice to warm up a little before then. She started to sing out loud in a cappella since she couldn't play the song right now.

As she was singing, she didn't notice that someone stopped by her room and watched her. The person slightly tear up at the thought of her but shook his head and clapped loudly once she was finished. Minki jumped and turned around then grinned when she saw that Onew was there. "Oppa!" she squealed then ran up to him, hugging him. "It's been a while! I haven't seen you since your concert!"

He chuckled. "Who's fault is that?"

"Jonghyun, duh." she flatly said as she looked up to him. "Who else?"

Onew sighed. "Of course. Oh! I saw your MV! It was daebak!" he grinned.

She smiled. "I know, Taemin told me~"

"Eh? You'd been in contact with Taemin and not me?" he asked, feeling a bit hurt and betrayed.

"Well, he texted me a couple of days ago, I haven't replied back to him in a long time though because I'd been busy. I haven't even called Jaehyun oppa back, I think." she said as she went through her bag and pulled out her phone. "Yup, I have a lot of people I need to call back."

Onew slightly laughed. "Okay, that makes me feel better. Are you free after this?"

Minki shook her head. "Nope~ I have to go to a photo shoot then I have a radio show. I don't think I'll get a short break during this whole promotional period." she sighed. "Sad~ I don't get to hang out with my favorite cousin!"

He gently flicked her forehead which caused her to step back a little. "That's why you don't become an idol! Well, I'm going to support you no matter what, Minki!"

"Thanks." she grumbled as she rubbed her red forehead. "You're lucky my manager wasn't here or else you'll be in trouble for hitting me!"

Onew smirked. "What? Minki's gonna tell on me?" he teased.

She puffed her cheeks and stuck out her tongue at him. "Maybe I will!" she replied than laughed. "I should finish getting ready, oppa~"

"I know~ I'll be the loudest one in the audience cheering for you!" he smiled as he pumped his fist.

"Aren't you loud enough already?" she asked then stepped back when he was going to flick her forehead again. "Araso araso. Oh I hope the fans have a fan chant for me!"

"You don't have one yet? How can fans not give you a fan chant yet!?"

"Well, Donghwa oppa checked the international forum and fan sites this morning, so far there has been nothing about a fan chant." she pouted. "I just have to work hard to impress everyone. Besides, I just debuted; so I shouldn't expect much I guess." she shrugged. She glanced at the clock. "Oh, I should get going; I have to record soon. Talk to you later, oppa?" She gave him one last hug before running out of the room.

Onew stood there, listening to the clicking sound of her boots disappear into the distance. He sighed. "Minki, hwaiting."


Minki took a deep breath as she walked on stage with her group. They were about to perform her song live on Music Core and she felt those butterflies fluttering around in her stomach again. Her pre-recording went fine, as usually; it was just these performances since more people show up for this than the pre-recording.

They stood around in a circle. Donghwa cleared his throat. "Okay, second TV stage, I know you guys will do good now." he smiled. He placed his hand in the middle and everyone piled their hands on top of his. "One. Two."

"HWAITING!" they all yelled out and broke. The dancers walked on stage while Minki stood behind for a bit. She felt someone pat her shoulder and looked up to see Donghwa. "You'll do fine. You weren't this nervous at SHINee's concert."

"Well, they weren't expected to see me; so I didn't have to meet a lot of people's expectation, only the management." she replied.

"Aish. I would give you a noggie right now, but the stylist will get angry with me." he pouted. "You're good; show that to them." He gently pushed her out and she got into her spot after fixing her headset a little bit.

The song played and she started to performing it, rallying up the crowd. As she was performing, she noticed that the screams were louder than yesterday and that the audience was actually chanting to the song. Her eyes flickered around the audience and she was able to spot Onew in the audience cheering with the fans.

She tried her best not to smile as her eyes begun to tear up. When it came to her long note, she ended up cracking up a bit because she ended up crying in happiness on stage, but the audience just continued to cheer her on.

At the end of the song, she stood on stage a little longer and did a 90 degree bow to the audience. "Thank you for being here for me." she choked out as she wiped her tears and brightly smiled at the audience. They continued to cheer for her; shouting supporting words as she bowed once more before walking off the stage.


All her backup dancers gave her a supporting pat on the back as they passed her.

“Oi, Minki, if you keep on crying, even the waterproof make-up will start running off.” Donghwa joked, causing Minki to giggle a little.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine now.” She wiped the last of her tears away. “At least Jonghyun isn’t here to see this live. I would kill him if he did.”

Donghwa sighed. “One day there might actually be blood on your hands.”

“That’s the point isn’t it?” With that being said, he flick her forehead, which still hurt a little after being flick by Onew.

---

YO PEOPLE! IT'S BEEN A WHILE! Sorry it took me a while to get this out! ><; I'd been busy... working on my own fanfics LOL But I got this out. So YAAAAAAAAAY~!

MIANHAE, I'M HIGH HIGH! I'M SO HIGH! FLY FLY! TOUCH THE SKY! KEKE~

SUGAR HIGH = DAEBAK~ ;3

YO~ Pop~corn Pop~corn Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop~corn~ kekekekeke This would’ve came out sooner but someone put it off until now.... Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter~ Most is written by unnie once again (I’m lazy).

Replies:
@XxVioletAshesxX
Yay! Glad you did~! ;3
Yes! Thank’s for subscribing~ Hope you enjoyed it!~ X3

@SMile_Vue
kekeke Sick Jonghyun~ LOL BUT does he REALLY want her back?
He wants her back but Minki will never accept it, thinking that their love was never meant to be. *sigh* Time to throw him into a volcano....
OIIIIIIIII =.= You just spoiled it PABO. ><;

EDIT: If you have any ideas on what should happen now on the story, we will be happy to take ideas~