Ch. 7

Melted Ice.

-Sehun's POV-

"Did I... just hear French fries??" I saw a little body beside Kris and... oh no it wasn't so little, after all. It was Chanyeol. "Okay dude if you're trying to doing something with friends, we agree. I'm quite agree about eating together at the cantine... us 3." Kris and me were staring at him like.. wtf did he just said.

"The hell are you saying, dude." Kris started. "Did you just said... you were agree to have lunch with
him? Why so sudden?" Chanyeol punched Kris in the back. 

"C'mon. I'm in the good mood today, the teacher gave us our exam and my results are so good! I'm happy for everything!.. even.. for him.. anyway, let's go guys!" I oppened my eyes big.

"The hell was that."

We ate, and everthing was awkward. Why was Chanyeol like this? He looked so happy...while this morning he was scaring as if he would kill someone. He's so strange.. but I understand a part of if too, why did I do? I only wanted to defend Sulli... well 'defend'.

The entire lunch was filled with silent. Nobody even dared to look up, and everyone's head was kept down. Finally, I heard Kris.

"Yah Chanyeol,remind me why did you accept to eat with him?" We both looked at him. 

"I... I don't.. remember.. but hey we.. we are frirends, right?".....silent again. Why was everything so awkward there..... Then, I stood up, telling that I finished my lunch.

"Are you already finished? Oh, I'll go with you too." Chanyeol told me. He was very friendly, even... with the Sulli thing. When I looked at Kris I couldn't even think that it was.. no it is Sulli's brother.. How can it be?? Howw??

"Oh if that's so. I'll join too." Kris stood up, solwly. We went out the canteen, and Chanyeol sat, so did Kris. I stayed standing, in front of them, my hands in my t-shirt's pockets. I wanted to talk about Sulli. I wanted. 

"About Sulli..." Kris quickly stood up and pushed me. I took off my hands from my pockets and tried not to fall. "What are you-"

"Do not. Say this name again. Or I.." He was so angry, then Chanyeol stood up and tried to calm down Kris, while he looked at me angrily.

"Why are you talking about this.. Kris is very sensible about this topic." He turned and made Kris sat, who kept his head down, touching his forehead, like if he had fever. "What do you want to know?" I pushed him.

"What are you telling? Yesterday you told me to talk to him! The hell is that! Let me talk to him." I wanted to touch Kris but Chanyeol pushed me away. Kris stood up.

"Don't even try to touch him."

"Listen Chanyeol I'm not a girl okay.. " Kris suddenly said. "What do you want?" I took his shoulders. 

"Why are you doing this Sulli..." He looked at me with angry eyes. He pushed me off him. "She's suffering so much because of you... "

"Sulli? I don't know this name who is it?"

"Don't even try to look innocent. Tell me." I started to become angry

"Okay. She's my sister. And so what? She's suffering because of me! And? Do I care? Do you even know MY story?? I'm definitely suffering way more than her!" I looked at him so confused. How .... Heyyy what's happening?

"What do you mean you're suffering more than her? You.. I'm lost. I just wanted to know .. the story.."

"Stop with that ! Seriously!!" He hitted me. "It's NONE of your business! Why do you care?!"

"I.. I don't know.. just tell me, please.."

"Okay. You're.... AISH." He hitted me again. But I didn't care. Sulli was my reason. For everything. I find her so pretty to be honest.. she deserves much more than she does right now... and me.. Why am I living so happily.. I have to do something..

"Listen. She has been sick since she was born."


...Pardon me?


"I always wanted a little sister. She was my happiness. But the day she'll die, I will suffer so much. So I killed myself to not approach her. Doing like if Sulli was a normal name, that I didn't know."


...so..?


"I was always wondering why I had a little sister, if she has to be sick during all her life. I.. I'm sure I had suffered much less if she was never born!! She was so much for me.. but.."

but....?


"Doctors are saying she will die when she will be between 11 and 15 years old."


...what did I just hear?


"She will... die soon."

He started to move everywere and started to be excited. He kept moving.

"Why... WHY ???? She... she is a treasure for me." He fell on his knees and started to cry.

"Are you saying..." I said. I had tears in my eyes too.

"Maybe tomorrow... Maybe the next week.. She can die at any moments.."

Chanyeol was sitting beside us, not moving. He was taken by the pain too. Suddenly it started to rain. Everyone in the school yard went inside and under the buildings to protect themself from the rain. Except us. Nobody moved for like... 5 minutes.

"You may enter inside the buildings, you can catch a cold." I saw a someone who was talking to us. I helped Kris to stand up, Chanyeol stood up and the 3 of us went inside the principal building. We sat on a chair. 

"Kris.. sorry to bother you.. just a question.. so now.. you don't know anything at all about her, right?" 

"No... please take care of her... I count on you... she has to be happy until the end... and also.. she doesn't know anything, don't tell her. It has to be the doctors, who tells her."

"Okay."

School ended, and I didn't see Sulli through the school gate, so I ran towards the park, even though the ground was still wet and full of water, but it  wasn't raining anymore so it was okay. When I arrived at the park,  the lower part of my trouser, near my shoes, was so wet because of the water of the ground, but I don't care. I saw Sulli, and that was all I needed.

"Hey, Sulli.. How are you?" I asked her, trying to make her a smile, still shocked by what Kris told me.

"I'm fine! And you? It rained hard today! Aishh and it's so cold.." She looked so happy... I'm glad.

"I'm fine. You didn't go outside when it rained, right? Pay attention to your health! Don't catch a cold please! I'm worrying~" I sat next to her, and tried to make her a hug but that was kind of awkward...

"Okay.. haha!~" We stayed silent, feeling the wind blowing through our hairs, and enjoying every seconds that passed. 

"Do you want to go anywhere? I have money!" I told her. I remembered I had to make her happy, until the end. But she looked so surprised.

"Oh no, it's okay you know... you don't have to!" She tried to be polite. It's fantastic!

"But it's a pleasure for me!" I made my biggest smile, trying to make her accept.

"Okay.. really .. thank you! Thank you so much, you're so kind.." We stood up, and walked out of the park. 

"You know... Today I talked to Kris."

She looked at me, with this innocent look.

"You... talked to him... and what did you say?" I stayed silent. I really had to keep that secret. 

"Hum... just..... nothing.." it was a bit obvious that was I hidding something.. but I tried my best. I understood why I had to act like this.

"Hum.. really..." 

A day passed, shopping with Sulli, and it felt very good to go shopping with her. We bought everything we saw. Luckily I had a lot of money! To be honest, Sulli really wanted to have everything she saw.. I tried to buy her the essential to make her happy, at least a bit.

The sun was setting and Sulli became more and more tired. 

"Wait here, please. Are you scared?" I asked her, leaving her in the Park.

"No... why are you leaving? Don't leave for too long please.." 

"Hehe, don't worry I'll be back soon! Just wait like 2/3 minutes!" I ran away, to be fast and I went in the last shop oppened. Inside, there was exactly what I wanted. I was lucky.

I bought this item, and I quickly ran toward Sulli. I sighed, seeing she was still in the park, sitting and waiting like an angel. She saw me, excited. I waved my hand at her and quickly ran toward her.

"Pfeww!" I sighed the last time.

"What is it? Inside?" She asked me, pointing at my bag, with that 'item' I bought. I stayed silent, keepin the suspens. "Yah!~ Tell me please.." I went near her.

"Isn't it your birthday today?"

She looked at ne surprisingly.

"How do you.. know..." I gave her this 'item'.

"Here. It's for your birthday." She took it, happily, and then oppened it. 

"Woaaaa! Thank you so much!!" She took it out of the bag. It was a very good.. how to explain.. something really good to draw. It was a pack : really good pen, really good eraser, things like that. It was... yeah, it was expensive. "Really thank you so much! I have no words how can I thank you..." 

"You're welcome!! Just seeing you so happy is repaying me." I took another bag, and took out the object which was inside, while she was concentraiting on the gift. "A birthday isn't a birthday without a cake, right?" She looked up.

"Ooh... wooaaa.... aishh You didn't have to do all of these.. really.." she said while I gave her the cake. It was written "Happy Birthday Sulli~" on it. I took a knife and cut the cake.

"Say aaah Sulli! Gonna feed you!" She was surprised.

"Aaaah~" it was so funny. We ate so well and we had a lot of fun. She was really happy, so was I. Finally, the end of the day arrived, and I had to leave.

"Tommorrow! Be here!!" I told her, while waving my hand, and left. "Be here... tomorrow..." I kept saying.. I don't know why, but I had a strange feelings.. aish I alwas have strange feeling, and these kind of stuff always happen in films. It's not real.

"Be here... Tomorrow.."