Ch. 14

Melted Ice.

-No one's POV-

Maybe Taeyeon was right, love is the cure of that sickness. Sehun now knew what love was, and he was sure he was in love now. School ended, and even if Sehun and Luhan confessed to each other, the flashback Sehun had the morning was still f rustrating the said one. When he arrived home, he smelled the smell of food, so he knew his mother was home. His father was never home when Sehun was awake. He had a difficult job, so Sehun didn't see him very often. His mother had a slight job, so she was often at home. Sehun put his bag on the ground and removed his shoes. He then went in the kitchen and saw his mother cooking, as he predicted.

"Mom, can I ask you a question?" It was very rare for Sehun to ask his mother a question, so after what happened the day before, she was being careful at what her son was going to tell her. She still nodded slightly at her son's question, not looking at him because she was cooking. "I liked foxes when I was young right?" His mother nodded. "And we .. we went on a walk in a forest?" Sehun wanted mostly to know about the identity of the mysterious brown haired guy at the end of his flashback. The mother stopped cooking, and looked at her son with big eyes. How did he remember.. she thought.

"Well we went on a lot of walks because you liked that.." She was actually lying. They only went on walks very rarely, and the one in Sehun's flashback was the only one in 3 years. "Why do.. Why do I remember nothing?" His mother tried to keep calm

"Because it happened a lot of time ago, you know... " Sehun didn't want to admit that. He wanted to talk to his mother about his past, and that mysterious brunette, and.. maybe about that fox. "Who was that brown haired guy?" His mother dropped her spatula as she heard the question. "Mom are you oka-"

"Which guy?" She said coldly.

"Well I remembered a brown haired guy and-"

"How. did. you. remember." His mother was angry. Sehun thought she could kill something with her stare. She removed her kitchen clothes and told Sehun to come with her in the living room. He nodded and followed her. "You.." she started but stopped. She was thinking of a way to tell her son something. "It has been since you were 8 I wanted to tell you. Please listen well." Sehun nodded confidently. Since he was 8 years old? It's a long time..  he thought.

"At the age of 5 you had an accident. You remember of nothing which happened before."

Sehun was shocked. An accident? How could he have lived his whole life not knowing that? "Is that why you didn't want me to look at the photo-"

"No." His mother just said and left Sehun. Sehun was shocked. Too much shock in his mind right now. Why was her mother so angry when he talked about that little guy? And the worse, he had an accident? At the age of 5? Is that why he remembered of nothing? It was strange.

His life was strange.

~The next day~

"So you confessed.." Sehun heard a little girly sad voice. He knew it was Taeyeon's. He felt a little sad for the girl. He knew she was heartbroken but she didn't express that. Sehun now realized he had never loved someone as much as he loved Luhan, so he could never imagine Luhan not loving him. But Taeyeon was a strong girl. She didn't show her feelings often. She always looks happy, so when she looks sad or angry it means that the problem is really important. The only times Sehun saw Taeyeon sad and angry, the reason was him. No, it was love. He felt sad when he reminded that she loved him but he wad now going out with Luhan. Taeyeon and Luhan were friends, did Sehun break their relationship? He didn't know, but he couldn't stop feeling bad for Taeyeon.

Sehun nodded when Taeyeon's words reached his mind. "I'm sorry.." he felt forced to say. Taeyeon shook her head, trying to deny Sehun's apology. She wanted to be a strong girl, which she already was, but she didn't realize. Maybe she was able to be strong because she didn't admit that first, she confessed, and that Sehun didn't love her back. Maybe she wasn't too afected because they were still best friends, maybe more than that, so it helps her keeping her tears in her eyes.

"Don't be sorry. Be happy with Luhan." She said, smiling. Sehun, normally could see the fake in her smile, but strangely, Sehun couldn't see anything in her smile. Was she really happy for the HunHan coupe? He didn't know. He just didn't want Taeyeon to cry becauhse of him. If he could decide who he had to fall in love with, he would choose Taeyeon, but it wasn't the case. His heart had just decided to beat for Luhan. Sehun put his left hand on Taeyeon's waist, which made Taeyeon feel strange, so she looked at Sehun, but Sehun ignored her look, he just looked in front of him, smiling. He finally ended up looking at her smiling, and pulled her closer to him. Taeyeon stopped looking at Sehun in embarassement. She blushed.

When they finally arrived at the school, they say the whole band, gathered together, but with Luhan missing. Why was Luhan always apart from the band? When the band saw Taeyeon and Sehun arriving, they stopped talking and waited both of them to arrive near them. When they finally did, the band shouted. "CONGRATULATIONS FOR SUCCEEDING CATCHING LUHAN'S HEART." Sehun opened his eyes wide, not because he was amazed, he had more a .. disgusted expression. What was that congratulation for? Do we have to congratulate someone each time that person goes out with someone? Sehun didn't understand much love, but all he knew was that he loved Luhan and that was suffisant for him.

"Where's Luhan by the way?" Tao asked. Sehun didn't know either. Nobody knew. Everyone looked at Sehun in a way, like 'are-you-sad-because-Luhan-is-missing', like always. They all knew, well it was obvious with his cold personality, that it would be rare for Sehun to fall in love, and it was really cute from him, so they liked to a lot. Sehun then walked away, searching Luhan, while the others didn't follow him to help him or anything, they just admired they man in love.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked the sat boy in the corner of a building, sitting on the ground, all alone. Nobody noticed him. Nobody knew him anyway. "Ah, Sehun." Luhan looked up and smiled. Sehun sat next to him, even if the ground was dirty, he didn't care, all he wanted was to stay by his lover's side. Luhan seemed sad, and Sehun could see that, so he gave him a short but sweet kiss on the lips, leaving Luhan quiet.

"What are you doing here?" He repeats. Luhan smiles awkwardly, like if he didn't want to tell Sehun. "What's wrong?" Luhan looked down, hugging his knees with his arms. "Nothing's wrong Sehunnie.." Sehun for a while forgot this surname, and was a bit surprised, but he liked it when Luhan called him this way. Sehun approached his face near his lover's. "Tell me."

Luhan hesitates a bit before opening his mouth, wanting to say something, but closed it. After a while, he still opened it again. "Tell me you love me." It was strange, but it didn't bother Sehun. He kissed the sad man, on the lips, longer, as sweet as always. He then breaks the kiss.

"I love you, Luhannie." Luhan blushed when he heard the nickname. He looked at Sehun with a look full of doubt. Sehun just managed to smile at the fox. He did what he asked him to do, after all. Sehun then realized at that moment, that he smiles a lot more than before. The times before were blank for Sehun. He ignored Taeyeon, he didn't pay attention to her, and he didn't know she would be his source of happiness. Sometimes, because she cared too much about him, Sehun was irritated. He, himself, found that stupid, but at that time, he knew he was stupid. He had good marks, but he was still stupid. Times before were empty, nothing was happening in his life. He just lived to live, maybe for his parents only. He always asked himself what were friends useful for. He may have found the reason now. He always told himself he didn't need happiness and he was strong. But he was weaker than he thought. Fortunately, Taeyeon had been here at the right moment, before Sehun's weakness had shown.

"I'm thinking of leaving the band step by step." Luhan's words interrupted Sehun's thoughts. Leaving the band? Sehun was more surprised than ever. Why doing that? He has to enjoy the last 2 weeks left before his transformation, so his life would have worth it, wasn't it a good a idea? "But why.." Sehun's voice became weaker. The band had always been a complete, full band, Luhan couldn't leave like this..

"I know you want me to enjoy those 2 weeks left, but I have to think about others too." Luhan posed, taking a deep breath. "If I stay and get closer to the band, the day I'll leave my human appearance, it would be even more hurtful for you guys. I have to lose touch with them. Then, they-" Luhan was interupted by a soft kiss on his lips. It was the best way Sehun found to shut Luhan's mouth. Sehun found that amazing that his lover thought more about not to hurt others, than enjoying more his life. He then broke the kiss.

"If you don't stay with us, the others will be even more sad because they wouldn't have benefited more the time with you." Sehun smiled. It was crazy how his mouth could smile easily when he was with his lover. "So don't make them regret knowing you." Luhan nodded slightly, and Sehun took Luhan's warm hand tightly, and started to run towards the band, as Luhan was pushed as well.

"Guys let's hang out after school today, all together." Sehun started, interupting the band's discussion. They all stared at the little boy, who wasn't so little actually, but didn't say anything. Taeyeon looked down, feeling a bit exclued because Sehun used the word 'Guys', but Sehun took her in his arms, telling her she's not exclued. Luhan stared coldly at Sehun and Taeyeon, jealously. Sehun looked at Luhan and smiled. Luhan was being jealous, but he knew he was the only one in his heart, because when Sehun loved, he loved truely. He already had troubles being in love, why would he play with that? So Luhan trusted his lover.

"Oh, that's not a bad idea! We've never done this before!" Tao said, excited. He still had a childlish side, even if he looked really manly from the exterior, so he really liked hanging out with his friends. When Luhan saw Tao's excitement, he suddenly felt excited too, and he benefited of that moment. "Let's meet with our casual clothes! Because I only saw you guys with an uniform.." The band nodded.

You're right!" Chanyeol was being excited as well. Sehun was shappy that he made everyone feel that way, especially if that was for Luhan. He had to help him, because if he didn't, he knew Luhan would never do anything for himself. Only for others. Sehun smiled, without doing on purpose, which surprised everyone. They all looked at Sehun with big eyes. "Are you guys okay?"

"DID YOU JUST SMILE ?" They all shouted. Sehun realized he had just smiled often when he was with Luhan, and that the others didn't see that often. Sehun smiled once again, which surprised even more the others. After a while, they all laughed. Luhan was proud of his little boy. "So after school, get changed, and at the park!" Sehun shouted happily. The atmosphere was happy, because everyone had never seen Sehun that happy, so that made them even more happier. This moment would have been the moment when the whole band was the happiest. They should have enjoyed that moment more, because it won't last long.

Sehun wanted to hug Luhan, but he knew he couldn't because they were in front of the band. So he just managed to take his waist. Since he was at Luhan's left, he saw Luhan's left side of his neck. It was white and beautiful. He just wanted to kiss his neck right now, but when he saw closer, he saw a scar.

Luhan had a scar on his neck on the left side. It reminded Sehun something.