Ch. 15

Melted Ice.

-No one's POV-

"I'm looking forwards to seeing you in casual look." Sehun came back to reality when he heard someone's voice, which he immediately recognized. It was Luhan's. What was he thinking of before? Oh, right. That scar. That flashback. That fox. The scar was exactly the same as in that flashback. Sehun was confused. He maybe knew Luhan since longer than he ever thought. And then he remembered the fact that he had an accident at the age of 5. He still couldn't get over it. He maybe didn't even realize.

The whole band started to talk about something else, keeping the good atmosphere, while Luhan kept his interest in Sehun, who was lost in his thoughts, and who couldn't leave them. "Sehun? Are you okay?" Sehun's heart started to beat faster, for an unknown reason. Maybe because he heard his lover's voice. That soft voice he will never be able to hear again in not so long. He then a bit dizzy and hot, but he came back to reality, finally. "I'm.. I'm okay.." Sehun didn't realize he talked in a weak way until he coughed because he took too much breaths. Luhan took him in his arms, when Sehun's legs couldn't take the body aymore.

"Sehun!" Luhan shouted, which caught the band's attention. Baekhyun was the first one to rush on Sehun and Luhan. Baekhyun was maybe more attached to Sehun than the others knew. Baekhyun has been actually staring at Sehun during all that time. He was staring at him when he talked to Luhan with his eyes full of love, when he smiled only because Luhan was by his side,when he was lost in his thoughts and when he became weak. He had seen it all, but always did like he didn't. "What happened?" He asked innocently, like if he hadn't seen anything.

"I don't know! I was talking to him and he suddenly became that weak." Luhan said worried. Baekhyun frowned his eyebrows. "Take him to the nurse!" He talked, almost shouting. Luhan nodded quickly and ran towards the school's infirmary. Baekhyun then calmed down, while a silence took place in the band. Taeyeon was of course really worried for Sehun, and she also wanted to go to the infirmary with Luhan, but nobody knew about her loving Sehun except Luhan. Chanyeol, Tao and Kris stared at Baekhyun, who stayed immobile.

"You had been staring at Sehun during all that time, right." A deep voice interupted the silence. Baekhyun didn't answer. He stayed silent. The band had never been that awkward, or just silent. "Are you in love?" Taeyeon curiously asked, which finally made Baekhyun turn, and Chanyeol laugh. Taeyeon didn't understand Chanyeol's laughter and kept her innocent expression. "I don't think so. Right, Baekhyunnie?" Baekhyun hit friendly, well 'friendly', Chanyeol's back when he heard the nickname. Taeyeon laughed a bit when she saw Baekhyun's cute behavior, which made Baekhyun looking at her again, blushing a tiny bit.

"No, I'm not in love with him. I'm straight! Not like Chanyeol and Kris!" Baekhyun shouted, confessing Chanyeol and Kris' love for each other. Taeyeon was shocked for a moment, but ended up laughing. "You guys are going out?" Taeyeon asked Chanyeol and Kris, laughing. Kris, who was embarassed wanted to hide, but Chanyeol took him in one of his arm. "Yes! And I'm proud of going out with that dumb!" When Kris heard Chanyeol's words, he looked up, at Chanyeol's eyes and smiled a bit. Taeyeon smiled, laughing a bit, and then she remembered the original topic.

"So, why were you staring at Sehun all that time?" Taeyeon regained her normal face and looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled. "I'm maybe just closer to him than you guys may know." Taeyeon was amazed by Baekhyun, the way he talked. At that moment, they all heard the bell ringing. The band made the 'Oh~' sound and walked towards their classroom, but Taeyeon walked in the opposite side. "Where are you going?" Baekhyun asked Taeyeon curiously. Taeyeon smiled. "I'm.going to see Sehun." Baehyun opened his eyes big. "But cla-" Taeyeon left, without caring about class. She absolutely wanted to see Sehun

"I'm also maybe closer to him than himself may know." Baekhyun mumbled quietly, while he walked towards his classroom. Taeyeon acted like if she hadn't hear a single bit of it, but she heard it all. She was confused, but kept walking.

When she arrived at the school's infirmary, she saw Sehun laying on a bed, with the nurse at one side of the bed, and Luhan on the other side. "How's he?" Taeyeon asked, softly and quietly, because Sehun was sleeping. The nurse turned her head and saw Taeyeon coming. "He just has a fever." Luhan nodded. They then heard a noise. A noise of a blanket. They turned their head and saw Sehun, a bit awoke. "Did we wake you up?" Sehun was mostly still asleep, but he was still a tiny bit awoke. It took him a while to realize he was in the school's infirmary.

"Hmm.." he mumbled. "It's okay." He finally said, and cleared his throat. "Don't tell anyone about my fever." Sehun told Luhan and Taeyeon after a while. They didn't know the reason, but they nodded. After all, Sehun was a bit that type of person who was a bit mysterious, and didn't precise anything. Maybe he used to be and he changed. The nurse, after a little moment of silence, realized the hour, because in her room, peope couldn't hear the bell.

"Now go to class!" She said, in a bit severe voice. The nurse was still nice. She was kind and nice people, always smiling, like a cliché. Taeyeon and Luhan nodded and went to class. Sehun sighed, pretty loudly, so the nurse felt a bit concerned. "Do you have a problem?" Sehun did nothing in response, but closed his eyes, and opened them again after a while. "Do you know any reason why I would have a fever?" The nurse looked at the sick boy strangely. "Well.. there's a lot.." It was strange, because how the sick boy talked it was like if he didn't know what a fever was.

"Do you think a fever can be caused because of too much shock? Or sadness? Or any strange stuff like that?" Sehun talked in a very familiar way but the nurse was tolerent, she accepted that. She stayed silent for a while, thinking of what the sick boy said. 'Strange stuff like that'? Was sadness a strange stuff? She didn't know what to answer him to be honest. "Well.. I don't think so.." She said after a while of silence.

"I'm feeling strange those time." Sehun said, before sleeping again. The nurse stayed still, finding the sick boy's words strange. Everyone can feel strange, but why did his words made a special effect on the nurse?

~~~~

Sehun was lying on his bed, in his bedroom. There was a lot of medecines and a few bottles of water. His parents took sickness very seriously. It was sometimes exegarated, and Sehun sometimes was a bit irritated by that, but at that moment, he didn't care, he only wanted to be better. He opened an eye and realized he was in his bedroom. He looked at his clock and realized school had finished. It was horriblely sad for him to not go to the hang out he, himself, organized. He felt sad because he knew Luhan really wanted to see him in casual clothes. Sehun wanted to see Luhan in casual clothes too. He really wanted to go, but he felt really unwell. A knock interupted his thoughts.

"You may come in." He said in a very polite way. He was raised that way, and their parents were really proud of that. The door opened and the sick boy saw his mother with a bottle of water. "Are you feeling better?" His mother asked, putting the bottle near her son's bed. Sehun only nodded. He was too tired to talk. His mother stayed in his bedroom, and a silence took place. They hadn't talked much since the two lasts days, with those awkwards discussion. The mother watched her son with amazement. She was proud of her son. But she suddenly heard a cough, which stopped her amazement. "Sehun?"

"I want to go out.." Honestly, Sehun's thoughts were filled with Luhan and the band. He wanted to find them so badly, and to meet them. He of course knew he could organize something like that another time, but this one was special. It was the one that Sehun organized, and it made everyone happy, and the band's atmosphere had never been that happy. So this was a special hang out.

He came back to reality when he felt something cold. His mother was examining his temperature. "I think you can." His mother wasn't stupid. She knew that her son was sick, and she didn't want him to get worse, but she felt his wish being really important when she heard her son's voice before. He was begging his mother. She felt that want in his weak voice. Sehun was a special person for her. Even though they didn't talk to each other very often, she knew her son's voice more perfectly than anyone would, and she knew his voice wasn't normal at that moment, except the fact that he was sick. h

Sehun smiled. He didn't feel very well, but just at the thoughts of meeting his friends like that made him feel better. He made a sign with his hand to tell his mother to go away of the bedroom, because he was about to change. After a while, Sehun was ready to go. He dressed very warmly, not wanting his fever to get worse. He wanted to go to school the day after. He felt a bit more dizzy, because he hurried, but he took a deep breath before leaving house and it felt okay.

He made a step out, and he felt the wind blowing hard. It was colder than he thought, but he was still okay, because he dressed very carefully. He quickly closed the door, not wanting his mother to see outside's weather, because she would worry about her son and not let him leave the house. He started to walk towards the park, and even if the wind blew hard, it felt very good on Sehun's skin. He walked, and he passed by the tennis yard. He stopped and watched the tennis yard, thinking of when he went in with Sulli. He then watched more closely, and saw a figure moving.

"Damn!" He heard a shout. A deep voice. He knew that voice. He walked into the tennis yard and saw that tall figure playing tennis. The boy was alone, and the wind blowing hard on his hair was obvious. Sehun then started to secretly watch the man playing tennis all alone. Each time he failed, he had a regretful look and started to shout at himself, holding tight his wrist. Exactly like that time with Sulli. But he suddey remembered something. Wasn't he supposed to be with the rest of the banf?

"Chanyeol?" He asked, revealing his presence because he was curious about Chanyeol's presence. The man quickly turned his head towards where he heard the voice. "Why are you here?" Chanyeol said with a cold voice. At that time, the wind seemed to blow hard on Sehun's hair. But it was just an impression, Sehun only felt more cold. It reminded him that moment with Sulli, the first time he saw Chanyeol's hard side.

"Shouldn' I be the one asking you that?" Sehun didn't want to reveal his sickness to Chanyeol. He had never liked that, he didn't really know why. Maybe because he wanted to keep a strong image from others, and that nobody never knows that he has a sickness. It's strange, but it's frustrating Sehun himself as well. Chanyeol stayed silent, definitely wanting to know Sehun's answer to his question. Sehun finally gave up.

"I have a fever." Sehun finally confessed. Chanyeol lost a bit of his cold expression. "I wanted to finally meet the band even with my bad condition, and I passed by that tennis yard and.. yeah." Chanyeol finally understood.

"In my case, I.." Chanyeol wanted to explain, but he regretted. "Hm.." Sehun was still waiting for an answer. He told him his bad condition, which he didn't want to, so he thought Chanyeol had to do so as well. "Tell me." Sehun said coldly. At that time, the wind stopped blowing.

"Well can't you see? I'm practicing my tennis skills." Chanyeol said in an irritated tone, because Sehun was forcing him to talk. Sehun laughed mockingly, a bit irritated as well. "What for?" Chanyeol was surprised at that question. What for what?

"You're not in that tennis club anyway."

Chanyeol felt his heart burning of anger. He didn't know why his fist didn't punch Sehun at that moment to be honest. It really irritated him when we reminded him that time. That horrible time.

"Shut up."

Sehun laughed. He liked Chanyeol a lot, but the way he changed his personality so suddenly and became aggressive for no reason irritated him a bit. But after all, it was maybe Sehun himself's personality. Maybe Sehun's personality was like that too, but people could stand that, so he finally calmed and wasn't so angry anymore.

"You don't even know the reason." Chanyeol said, with a sad voice, after a while of silence. "How dare you making fun of people's life like that, when you don't even know the cause of anything." He said with a mix of a sad and angry voice. Sehun had to admit. He was right. "Chanyeol I'm sor--"

"Krystal even told you how important tennis was for me, didn't she? Why do you make fun of that? You don't even know the reason I left that club." Chanyeol had a black aura, and Sehun wanted so much to apology, he really felt bad for Chanyeol after his behavior. He didn't even know why he did that either, but he regreted. He didn't want to do that. "Krystal told m--"

"Krystal doesn't know anything either."

Wind suddenly blew harder than before and it wasn't an impression. Because of the sand on the tennis yard, and the wind, Sehun could barely see Chanyeol's face, but he saw something shining. Chanyeol was crying. At that moment, Sehun bad never regreted something as much as that.

"Chanyeol I regret .. I didn't mean to make you cry.." Chanyeol stayed silent, still angry at Sehun. Sehun then approached Chanyeol, to see him better. Sehun touched Chanyeol's left wrist, sign of apology, or something like that. Sehun didn't really knew either. But at his surprise, Chanyeol pushed him the moment he touched his wrist. Sehun was pushed backwards, very far away.

"Don't touch me there!" He shouted, even louder than Sehun ever heard. Sehun gained a serious look, but confused at the same time. He was sat, because of the push before. His hands were filled sand, he was mostly dirty, but he didn't care. Chanyeol was acting way too strangely for Sehun to care about something else. After at least 2 minutes of staring and doubt, Chanyeol took a deep breath and Sehun sighed.

"I.." Chanyeol finally decided to say a word, forgiving Sehun. "3 years ago, I accompanied Krystal to her dance lesson, because it was pretty far so we had to go by car. The moment I wanted to go on the car, it started on its own, and Krysal was inside. It fell from a very high cliff, and I tried everything I could." Sehun could hear Chanyeol's trembling voice. It was obvious, he had a lump in his throat, he was crying very hard. Sehun could understand, after all, making him reminding this horrible moment should be.. so hurtful ..

"I broke my left wrist." Chanyeol continues. "Haha.." He laughs ironicly. His voice was sad, it wasn't even a voice. "Not like broke, just like that, I mean.." He paused, took a deep trembling breath. He had to breathe a lot, because his crying took too much place in his lungs.

"My hand went away."

Sehun opened big eyes in shock.

"We found it again in the car, which was in the water after it fell from the cliff."

Sehun was disgusted. He couldn't help but respect the man in front of him. How horrible would that be? At that time, Sehun started to think about his life, and thoses so many times when he wanted to depress and when he thought his life was horrible. How lame was that.. His happiness was just so near him. He just had to make on move to be happy. Sehun couldn't think about anything but hating himself. He was hating himself, because he complained about useless things, and he didn't enjoy what he really had.

"So I left the club myself." Sehun understood now. He could never hate on Chanyeol anymore. He, for a certain reason, he himself didn't know, suddenly liked Chanyeol more than he thought he ever would. "I can't help but keeping playing tennis with my left hand.." He paused. "I'm kind of a .. a masochist y'know." He laughed. Sehun didn't laugh at all. He was hurt, he was maybe hurt instead of Chanyeol. Not that Chanyeol wasn't hurt, it was just Sehun was maybe more hurt than Chanyeol thought Sehun was. Maybe the reason why people like Sehun a lot is that he likes feeling very concerned whenever someone tells him something. In the past, he would never have thought that it could be that easy to make him feel sad or anything. Maybe it was the friends effect. He didn't know. He, now, kept his cold expression, but he had himself realized his personality had changed a lot since the beginning.

"I.. I can't tell you how much I feel sorry Chanyeol.." The wind calmed down. It still blew on the trees, and a tiny bit on the guys' hair, but it blew less hardly. Chanyeol could then really hear the emotion in Sehun's voice. "Hm." Chanyeol hesitated. "Sorry for what?" Sehun tried to smile at that moment, to seem more confortable, something like that, but he couldn't smile.

"Sorry for you, and.. sorry for before." He said, and put a hand on his shoulder. "I respect you, Chanyeol."