Ch. 19

Melted Ice.

-No one's POV-

Luhan stared at his mother and Sehun's eyes blankly, like if he was tired, or like if he was blind. Silence filled the room, all three of them didn't dare to say any words. Luhan was circled with machines, his body was covered with complicated tubes and every single moves were controled and assured by the machines. It was very scary to see for his mother and Sehun, but they had to go with it, they had to adapt little by little how hard it'll be later. 

Luhan then took his favourite notepad and his pencil and wrote something which seemed to be pretty long. His mother and Sehun looked at each other's eyes and smiled, kind of a sign of reassuring. They both had to endure the same pain, and they both trusted each other. When Luhan finally finished, he handed his notepad to his mother, wanting his mother to read first. 

"Umma.." she started to read the message out loud. "What was the purpose of living if it was to be hated ? No matter how hard I tried, I've never found a purpose of becoming a human. I thought now would be the moment I would be anticipating the most, but.." Luhan's mother stopped reading and took a look at the rest of the text, and decided to give it to Sehun, thinking it would be more appropriate if he was the one reading. 

"I finally found a purpose of living in this cruel world." Sehun started with a dry voice. "Sehun is the purpose of my life. He was the one giving me a reason to live." It was obvious that Sehun wanted to cry so bad at this moment. He had never felt that fragile before, he was surprised by himself as well. "But this didn't prevent my transformation from coming. Sometime I tell myself that I should have never met Sehun, because it's because of him that I'm suffering and that I don't want to go as a fox again." He paused, put back the notepad on his lap and wiped his tears.

"Life has never turned out as I wanted."

Luhan, as he heard Sehun's voice pronouncing his words, smiled. He found that cute, although deep in his heart he felt bad for writing that, but he really had to. He thought that he may have made Sehun feel guilty, but he just had to tell that. Luhan stayed silent, but a tear flowed out of his eyes as well. Then, he saw his mother hugging Sehun, and he told himself that it was still as strange as before to see both of them seeming so close.

Luhan took his hand out of his bedcovers and put two fingers on his lips, and slowly moved them on Sehun's, making an indirect kiss. Sehun couldn't help but feeling touched by thoses moves. A last tear left his eyes as he took Luhan's hand in his. They were cold and dry. They weren't a hand for an alive human being. They were dead-like, and it broke Sehun's heart.

"Visit hours are finished !" The nurse nicely told Luhan's parent and his boyfriend. They smiled at her and slowly left.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Luhan !" Sehun shouted quietly, like if it was completely sure that the next he'd be able to see him. But it wasn't right for him. It wasn't right that one day, Luhan won't be here anymore. And that that day could be the next day. It wasn't right.

No, it wasn't right.

 

5

Sehun entered in the classroom, getting Taeyeon and the Chinese band's attention. His hair were uncombed and nothing was done properly. His uniform was worn in a crooked way and he had big dark rings under his eyes. Something was definitely wrong with him. Taeyeon was the first one to run towards him, flooding him with questions. Sehun just ignored her, his eyebrows frowning. Taeyeon immediately stopped all her moves, letting Sehun pass and sit in his seat. This wasn't usual, and everyone noticed it.

"Why is it so strange?" Tao asked, and Kris stared at him at the corner of his eyes. "Do you think someone know here?" Kris asked, sighing. He had always thought Tao was cute and good-looking, but he didn't really liked how he was always acting stupid, when he could be elegant and handsome. He had told himself once that he'd change it, but he laughed right after.

"I'm scared, guys.." Taeyeon said with a weak voice, like if she wanted to cry. She had always been fragile and cried easily, at least since Sehun came into her life. Kris and Tao then hugged her, telling her not to cry, because they thought Sehun had always been a strange person, so no need to worry. They laughed, making fun of Sehun, but Taeyeon just ignored them. At that moment, she heard Chanyeol and Baekhyun whispering things, about Sehun too, and Baekhyun was saying strange things, like "He's always like this" or "Before, he was like that too" and Chanyeol seemed to understand, but Taeyeon found this strange. She slightly frowned her eyebrows, but sighed and forgot it.

"That should be about Luhan." Kris said and Tao immediately looked at him with an expression like "No , really ?" which made Taeyeon laugh, because Tao really was able to do funny faces. "You're not more intelligent than Tao." She said while laughing, which made Kris feeling very ofenced. He then hit Taeyeon friendly on her shoulder. "We should visit him once together, too..." Taeyeon said with a husky voice, and Tao and Kris nodded in agreement. It was right, Luhan was still part of the Chinese band, and it has been so much time the band had not seen him. 

4

Driiiing.

Lunch time arrived quicker than Taeyeon excepted. During the whole lesson, she only focused on how she could convince Sehun to tell her what was wrong. She didn't listen to the lesson at all, and she was lucky the teacher didn't notice anything. Sehun wanted to leave, but when he passed behind Taeyeon's seat, she grabbed his wrist, not letting him go. Sehun looked at her, staring darkly and in a scary way. "What are you doing." He said, and Taeyeon wanted to cry at that moment. It has been so long since he had seen Sehun like that. It has been since before they met. He was completely different.

Taeyeon thought that the cold Sehun had melt, that he was becoming happy and more friendly with everyone and he had finally good grades and lot of hours to sleep, finding happiness again, but she was wrong. Sehun, in one day froze again, and he found again his cold side. It was so sudden, Taeyeon understood nothing, Sehun talked less and less to her. 

"Wha-What's wrong, Sehunnie..." She said with an afraid look, not daring to make an eye contact with Sehun. Even his wrist was cold, everything was cold, his heart was cold. "Is it .. Is it Luhan..." Sehun, on the other hand, couldn't say anything. He was too traumatised by all the events that was happening, too much shock was invading him. Nothing was right, Luhan's mother told him so many things, and he decided to be strong until now, but it was too difficult, to smile all the time, when it wasn't honest. He thought that it was better if he was just honest with everyone and showed his true feelings. 

Sehun couldn't tell Taeyeon what was happening like that. He sometimes reminded himself that she was in love with him, but he just couldn't do anything. HIs pain, and shock, and everything that was happening to him couldn't be expressed with words. He knew that Taeyeon loved him, but he love Luhan. He knew it was selfish to think only about his feelings and happiness, but he couldn't do anything. Taeyeon should understand, too, right? He told himself often.

Sehun couldn't explain. He didn't know what to do, so he just managed to nod, before insisting once again on his wrist wanting Taeyeon to let go. "I'm your friend, your bestfriend Sehunnie." She said with a trembling voice, like if she was about to cry, which made Sehun's heart melt. He didn't want to see Taeyeon like that, even less if it was because of him. He still liked Taeyeon a lot, but Luhan.. Luhan..

"You can tell me everything." She continued, to seeming to understand the current situation. Sehun didn't know what to say, he was thinking about a way to tell her, but it was difficult. He kept reminding himself that he had nothing to be afraid of, Taeyeon would understand everything, and plus, she was the one who made his heart melt, she was the one who let him get out of his misery

"I don't know.. there's too much.. I..." Even though he tried very hard to let a meaningful word out of mouth, he didn't succeed. And this is how he made Taeyeon understand. This girl was funny, she didn't need words to understand, she needed feelings. She smiled and dropped Sehun's wrist, letting him go.

"Oh, where are you going, by the way?" She asked, a bit before Sehun started to go. He looked down, and everywhere, trying to find an answer and Taeyeon laughed. "You can go, it's okay." She said jokingly, and Sehun laughed a bit as well, not knowing very much how to react, and left. When he left, Taeyeon leaned her head on the table and a tear left her eye. 

3

Sehun felt better that day. He told himself that he was a to stop talking to Taeyeon only because of Luhan. Luhan sure was his boyfriend, but it was absurd to leave his friends only for him. He was in a critical situation, but he still had friends that he couldn't lose and they weren't valuable to his heart. He liked all of them and all of them liked him. He couldn't stop smiling when he was with them, what else did he need ? This was surely the most perfect life he could have asked for.

Sehun told himself that it was maybe okay, and he didn't have to  worry much about Luhan, because the doctor told him there was a lot of chance that he transforms in two or three years, so he didn't have to worry much. Sehun just found his happy life again, in a second, and it was all thanks to Taeyeon. This girl is magic. Sehun just needed confidence in himself, he just needed that someone reassured him and Taeyeon knew that. She could do everything, she was great. Sometimes Sehun told himself that it was too bad that he didn't fall in love with her.

"I love that smile, Sehunnie." Sehun jumped in surprise when he heard this voice, and he turned to see Taeyeon smiling at him. "I'm so glad you're smiling again." Sehun smiled once again. He was happy that a person like Taeyeon loved him. Plus, he was so mean towards her, because she was loving him so deeply, and he was dating another person. Sehun couldn't imagine if this was happening to him, if Luhan was dating another person. He was admiring Taeyeon, but he was afraid of loving two people at the same time. 

"Thank you so much Taeyeon." Sehun answered her, not knowing how to thank her, after everything she had done for him. "I'm your bestfriend after all, uh?" Taeyeon answered, still with her big smile attached on her face. Sometimes, Sehun wondered if this smile was real. Taeyeon was doing so much for him, and he was doing nothing for her. 

"Taeyeon was really worried for you, you know !" The Chinese band walked towards Sehun and they hit his shoulder. They were all playful, like little children. At that time, Sehun forgot every problems he had, he forgot how bad his situation was. He had fought with his parents, he had bad grades, and he was never paying attention to anything. He felt horrible, but he had wonderful friends so for him, everything was okay.

Everything.

2

Taeyeon took Sehun's hand in hers, and smiled at him. Their hands were warm and everything felt so nice to Sehun. They seemed like a couple. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were always teased because everyone thought they were in a special relationship. Baekhyun once admitted to Kris that he had already done "this" with Chanyeol, and everyone laughed. Baekhyun seemed so innocent, Sehun couldn't believe Baekhyun had done  "this" earlier than him.

"You wanna hang out  with me now ?" Taeyeon secretly asked Sehun while the rest of the band kept teasing the Baekyeol couple. Sehun looked at the band and looked back at Taeyeon and nodded. While everyone had their attention on something else, Sehun and Taeyeon secretly left and they hid in a café. They started to walk away, talking, laughing, joking, pinching, Sehun was happy. He wondered how it was even possible to feel extremly sad and extremly happy in an one and only day. This was maybe what friends were for.

30 minutes had passed, and Sehun was satisfed that time was passing pretty slowly. He had known how to enjoy time, how to benefit every single second which were passing. Time has no value, once you lose it, you can't find it again.

"We should maybe join the other again ? They may be worried now." Taeyeon said, taking Sehun's hand tighted. It was so nice, feeling his warm hand in hers. She liked it so much. Sehun looked at her, then at his watch and nodded. They walked back at where they were previously with the band, and fortunately, they were still here. They were all sat, either looking at their phones, or still teasing each other, or laughing. 

"Oh ! They're here !" Tao shouted, pointing at Sehun and Taeyeon. They all looked at them then and started to shout everywhere, like pure crazy people. Sehun felt like they were so different from last time. It was maybe because it has been so much time since they last talked. He felt sorry, and wanted to apologize to them, but he felt like it wasn't so necessary. They seemed so happy and they seemed to forget everything, forgiving Sehun for everything he did.

1

Night had arrived, the sky was completely dark now. The chinese band had to leave and Taeyeon too, she had work to do. She kissed Sehun on the cheek before leaving and Sehun became red after this, but happily it was all dark so she didn't see anything. Sehun sighed, being alone in the street, not minding if his parents would worry for him or not. He told himself that he could visit Luhan once again. Maybe he would feel strange, because Sehun didn't visit him earlier, like he used to. 

At first, Sehun hesitated, because he was afraid that his condition would have got worse, and his hope would get down when he finally gained confidence in himself and finally got better. But he had to see him though. He was indispensable for his life, he was the "something" he had to have each day. So he started to walk, and he was pretty near the hospital, so he walked and didn't take money. (he had to save some money too)

He entered the hospital, and since it was pretty late in the night, there were not a lot of people in there, only the few ladies at the reception to welcome him with a big smile. He smiled back and walked towards the elevator. This day seemed colder than usual, but it was maybe only because he came later than usual. He arrived at the second floor, still looking for the room 269. It was strange because at first he didn't find it, but when he did, he saw that the door was already opened.

He ran towards it and entered it, he first saw Luhan's mother, on her knees, taking the bed tightly with her hands. Next to her, there were lot of doctors, but no one moved, they all looked towards the bed, which was hidden by the wall. He didn't react at first, and he noticed a nurse looked at him with regret, and looked back at the ground.

Haha.

Sehun ran towards the bed, to see what was happening and nobody was on the bed. There wasn't that handsome man laying on the bed. There wasn't that handsome man to smile at him when he was always entering like that, there wasn't that handsome man to write and draw cute and cheesy things on his notepad which will made him me smile or cry. There wasn't that handsome man, which was the definition of perfection.

There wasn't. 

Sehun fell on the ground, his eyes started to hurt. He heard Luhan's mother whinning, and started to cry a river as well, not minding all the doctors and nurses who were here. He didn't realize Luhan wasn't here anymore, he didn't realize he won't ever see Luhan's face again. It  was too quick to be real, uh? The doctor told him he may transform in two or three years, so why now ? Why Luhan? Sehun continued to cry, and the room was horriblely filled with silent. Sehun wanted to scream and shout the loudest, but he couldn't. Sehun continued to think in his head that Luhan was still here to tell him nice and kind things. He was talking to him, with this angelic voice of his.

0

Goodbye.