The Instant Noodles

Noticed

YONG GUK’S POV:

It already been 3 days she absent. I wonder when she’ll be coming. Damn man, I’m worried on her. This matter had me lose my thought of tracks and I kept thinking about her. Every second, every minute and hour thinking since her absence. I really have feelings toward her, even though I just answering back her questions.

 

“Yah! What were you thinking?” Himchan snapped me from continuing daydreaming.

 

“N... Nothing . I’m just thinking about the umm…. The mathematics formulas. It made me think about it over and over again.” I tried my best to answer back.

 

“You’re one weird guy Bang Yong Guk. You know that?!” Himchan smirked. I just look at him and look away to the window.

 

How are you today, _____?

 

YOUR POV:

Yes! Today’s the last day I’m staying home. Finally, I’m going to school tomorrow. I’m too excited for this. And my mind kept on thinking who my saviour is, really I need to thank him.

 

I’m too bored, staying at home. Nobody’s at home, mom gone for work and I’m the only child. Ergh, I need someone to company me. Maybe I should call Yong Guk to come over, but I don’t have his number or anybody’s. I looked back at the wall it’s nearly 3pm, and I’m hungry. I went to the fridge and nothing was there, empty.

 

I planned to go out to the nearby store to buy something for my stomach. I put on my grey California hoodie which given by dad for my birthday and black training pants.

 

I wrote on few sticky notes in case mom coming early and I’m not home. I don’t want her to think that her daughter went out without any notes or she might think I got kidnapped! Well, her favourite series was The Criminal Minds, so she had a wide imagination on everything. That’s my mom!

 

To: Mom

 

I’m going out to buy some titbits at store nearby. I promise be back before 9pm and don’t worry I’ll take care by myself. I’ll call you if I need anything.

 

Love, _____ xoxo

 

I stick it on the chair she used to sit, the fridge door, her bedroom door and at the switches. Hehe, I’m good in this.

 

The streets are less with people, I’m a bit worried. I just keep walking with my iPod on. Now playing Britney Spears’, Circus. I’m a bit pumped by this song. I almost dancing while walking to the store, but I don’t it’ll only cause humiliation.

 

The rain started to pour. Thank god I was wearing hoodie. Before the rain went heavier, I managed to run and I found the store.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo!” the salesgirl greeted and bowed. I bowed back.

 

I went to the instant noodles section at the left side of the store. There were too many flavours to satisfy my taste buds. There chicken, spicy, super spicy, tom yam, curry and others. I felt like buy all different kind of flavours, throw in a super big bowl and eat all of it.

 

I think I’m gonna go with chicken flavour since I can’t ate super spicy foods. It will harm my stomach. My stomach keeps on growls, annoying. But sometimes I ate it if I desperately want it. I saw the last cup, I was about to take it, and another guy reached it for the same time.

 

“It’s yours.” Said the guy. I looked back at him, it was Yong Guk. I hugged him for a sudden. When I realized I that I was doing something stupid, I let go of him and looked away with shame.

 

“I’m ….. sorry.” I whispered.

 

“It’s okay. _____, are you okay? How are your leg and your head? Is it still in pain?” he asked my condition. OMG, I’m into him now.

 

“I’m fine. I can walk now and my head is fine.” I smiled at him. He looks blushing. Yong Guk-ah do you always like this?

 

Yong Guk took the other flavour and I took the chicken. He treated me for the noodles, he’s so cute. Both of us walk to this couple table that available in the store. We enjoyed our instant noodles.

 

I looked outside and I have to wait for the rain stop pouring, and then I could back home. I looked at Yong Guk and he’s still enjoying his noodles. He looks flawless.

 

He then start taking.

 

“____-ah, where do you live?”

 

I’m quite shocked when he asked. But that feeling simply fades and I answered back. And the rains start to stop.

 

“Oh, just nearby.” I looked at the watch, it’s just 5pm.

 

I’m bored and sleepy.

 

YONG GUK’S POV:

“Hey, you’d said that you just moved here, right?!”

 

“Yeah. Why?” she asked back.

 

“I want to take you around the blocks. You know, getting this place familiar so you won’t be lost. Wanna tour?” I asked. Hoping she agreed.

 

“Umm … sure, why not.” She answered back.

 

I almost screamed when she agreed. We walked out from the store and looking for directions. Somehow, we looked like tourists. So fun!

 

I remembered the path that I used to take to go to the park. Immediately, I grabbed her wrist and ran to the park.

 

“Yah! Yong Guk-ah! Slow down a bit. You ran to fast!” she pending for me to slow down. And I did, she looked tired from running. Maybe, I’m a guy so that’s one of the reason she couldn’t catch-up. I pity her when I ran that ‘fast’ as she said.

 

“Sorry. Okay, I tell you all directions. It’s really easy. It’s all started at this playground.”

 

“What you mean? Start from this playground?” she smirked. Aigoo, she looks cute.

 

“Yes, if you walk 3 blocks away from here are the store that we’re from, if you walk 4 blocks and turn right it’s your house, if you walk 3 blocks away and turn right at 1st block and turn left at 3rd block it’s my house and if you take 5 blocks away, turn left at the 2nd and 4th blocks you’ll find our school.” I told her with all my hand gestures. These are my shortcuts to go anywhere, you know that ____?

 

“Hey, do you know that?” she asked back in wondering.

 

“I lived in this neighbourhood since I was small. My brain is like the GPS for this area.”

 

“Oh. And how you make sure that it’s safe to walk through ‘you way’?” she teased.

 

“I test it by walk using those ways after school and weekend.” Confidently I answered back.

 

The playground is empty, not even a single kid was there. ____ grabbed my hand and make me play with her. I resist it, but she keeps on forcing me to do so. So, I company her playing the slide, pushed her on the swing and while swinging on the monkey bar. We had so much fun!

 

I looked up, the sky suddenly turn dark again. The lightnings were chasing each other. I’m getting worried, for ____ since she’s alone.

 

I looked for a store nearby, and its close. Damn it! The rains start to pour back. I grabbed her wrist and took a shade under a tree. The rains getting heavier and heavier. I barely could see the surrounding, it’s too foggy.

 

____ held my hand tightly as the lightning ‘BANG’. Her hands were cold. I gave her my jacket and hugged her tightly. Her body was shivering. I turned her, facing me. Her eyes were completely shut and I hugged her even tightly than before. I hope I could warm her.

 

“Yong Guk-ah, it’s …. it’s c…. cold.” She whispers.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” I rub her hands and cupped her face.

 

I looked at my watch it’s nearly 9.30pm and the rain starts to stops. _____ seems too weak to walk. I piggyback her and brought back to her home. I entered and nobody’s there. I saw some sticky notes, so I went nearer it was a message for her mom. Well, I guessed her mom gonna be back late tonight. Oh, god!

 

I brought her upstairs and I came closer to this light pink door and laid her on the queen size bed. I pulled the blanket and covered her cold body and arranged some of her pillows on her head and beside her. She has a large room for herself! I look around her ‘big room’. I think her room is bigger than our classroom. I searched and took a small piece of paper and wrote a message.

 

Hey,

I brought you back since it’s getting late and your mom’s not home as I arrived. Take care, and eat some medicines if you feel sick. Call me, if you need anything.

From, Yong Guk

 

I left my number at the bottom of the message. I fold it into a bird origami and put on her study desk. I was about to make my steps going out from her room, I looked at her back. She looks pretty while sleeping. I went nearer to her and held her hands. I kneeled beside her bed.

 

“I was the one who saved you from the chandelier accident. I was worried about you when you’re absent from school. I want to pay you a visit, but I don’t know where you lived, and I do know. I feel funny telling you this when you’re sleeping.” I chuckles.

 

I stood up and kissed on her forehead as a goodnight wish.

 

Goodnight, _____. Take care.

 

YOUR POV:

I have someone’s chuckles stuck in my head. I waked myself to prevent from any nightmares and I’m in my room. ‘Ah! Yong Guk walked with me. Geuricho!’ I thought my self. I looked in my blanket and I’m wearing someone’s jacket. It’s Bang Yong Guk’s. ‘Oh yes, the rain, he borrowed me his jacket. I shall give him tomorrow then.

 

I looked at my digital clock next to my bed, it’s 12.30am. Why am I waking up at this hour? I walked out from my room.

 

“Mom?”  And nobody answered. I thought mom was sleeping. So I went to her room, I turned the doorknob slowly and turn on the light. She wasn’t there. I went back to my room to find my phone.

 

I got a text. It was 2 hours ago. I sat at my study table while read the text.

 

To: _____

From: Mom

Hey princess! Sorry, I couldn’t back home tonight. There are a lot of works to be done. Don’t worry; I’ll come back tomorrow afternoon as every work is finished. This is safe neighbourhood, and hope nothing will happen. I left some money in my drawer in case. Take care!

Love, Mommy

 

“Hmm, guess I’m alone now.” I mumbled myself.

 

I looked away to the window, its too dark for any scenery. I looked back on my study table.

 

“Who made this?! Origami?” I wondered. I flipped the origami, and saw few sentences in it. I open. It’s from Yong Guk. And out of a sudden I sang Message from MYNAME. Back to reality, he mentioned if I need anything I just need to call him.

 

I tapped his number on my screen and pressed the call button. It’s ringing. My brain warned me that I’m doing something stupid by calling Yong Guk at this late night. Before I could end call, someone picked up.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?” a husky voice asked.

 

“May … may I speak to Yong Guk?” I asked in fear.

 

“Yes. Oh, ____-ah! Why are you awake at this hour? Aren’t you suppose be resting?” he asked with full confidence.

 

“Nae. Ah, I suddenly awake because of my cat jumped on my bed. Sorry if I disturbs. Yong Guk-ah, why are you awake at this hour?” Oh great, I lied. And since when I have a pet cat? I’m allergic to it.

 

“No, no it’s okay. I’m watching Casino Royale.” He explained. He’s really weird watching action movie at late night. Dude, does your neighbours ever complained of the noise?

 

I heard a young boy shouting to Yong Guk.

 

“Hyung! Where’s my headphone?! Did you give it to Youngjae hyung?!” he asked Yong Guk. And guessed what, Yong Guk shout back with my ear is sticking on the phone listening to them, shouting.

 

“NO! I didn’t I put it back at your shelf at the second row.” Yong Guk seemed doesn’t realised I’m still on the phone with him.

 

“Who’s that Yong Guk?” I asked out of a sudden.

 

“Nae? That’s Junhoong my brother. I called him ZELO instead of Junhoong.” He told me.

 

“Oh.” I answered back short.

 

“Who are you talking with hyung? Is it Himchan hyung?” I can hear ZELO asking Yong Guk. I think ZELO is just beside Yong Guk and I hope he doesn’t hear what both of us converse.

 

“A friend of mine and it’s not Himchan! Now, go to sleep! It’s getting late.” He instructs ZELO.

 

“Nae.” ZELO speaks in disappointment.

 

“Yah, you’re a bit harsh on your brother. He was just asking who you are talking with. Pity him.” I’m getting weirder and weirder asking him questions at this late night.

 

“He’s a bit annoying and sometimes a busybody.” He sighed.

 

“By the way, who’s Himchan? Your friend?” I wondered.

 

“Nae, he’s my friend. I want to introduce you to him tomorrow. Oh, and tomorrow we have Sports carnival. You just need to wear your sports attire.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Is your mom home?” he asked out of the blue. How did he know about mom? How did he know my mom? Is mom keeping secrets from me?

 

“She’s not coming back till’ tomorrow.” I told him. I just remembered those sticky notes I paste almost all over the house.

 

Silence moment appear between both of us. Both of us had nothing to say anymore. I looked back at my digital clock it’s nearly 1.15am.

 

“Yong Guk-ah, I need to sleep now. It’s almost 1.15am. We have school tomorrow right?” I yawned after that. I couldn’t hold it anymore.

 

“Yeah, we should get to sleep now. Goodnight and I see you tomorrow…”

 

“Goodnight.” I answered back in sleepy tone before I hang up. I dragged my body to my bed. I pulled my blanket over my body and shut my eyes and head back to my fantasy.

 

Goodnight world!