Explanation of the Past [Part 1]

Noticed

YOUR POV:

Wednesday is here! And I have a vocal class date with Youngjae. Haha, date? I bet, he must be excited. I head home after a short day at school. Daehyun is busy, sleeping. Nah, he’s just like that.

*BEEP-BEEP* Unknown called ID.

YJ: Noona~

 

I could guess from the voice, its definitely Youngjae.

 

__: Yeobosaeyo?

YJ: Is this ____ noona?

__: ….

YJ: Yeobosaeyo? Yeobosaeyo?

__: Youngjae-ah~

YJ: NOONA! Wae? Wae?

__: Chill. I’m just testing.

YJ: Noona~ You remember what day is today?

__: Yah! Of course I remember! I have date with you, right?
YJ: … umm …

__: Vocal class right?

YJ: N-nae. Noona, actually, I’m actually in front of your house now.

 

Wait, what?! In front of my house? I peeked to the window, and he’s downstairs.

 

__: Come in. I didn’t lock the door.

 

Soon, I hanged up the call.

I head downstairs and saw him in his black hoodie and light blue skinny pants. He looks too handsome to be my dongsaeng.

“Noona, you should lock the door.” He said.

I looked down and kept myself silent; well it’s a safe neighbourhood. So, I won’t mind if I didn’t locked the door.

“I know it’s a safe neighbourhood, but still for your own safety.” He holds my shoulder, which make me startled a bit.

“Where’s Daehyun?” he asked out of the blue.

“Upstairs. Sleeping.” I answered back. I looked at the grandfather clock across the living room, its 3.05p.m. “When will the class start?” I didn’t know what time and he didn’t say.

“It’s at 3.30p.m. but don’t worry. The place is not far from here.” He continued.

We walked and I sat myself next to Youngjae during the class. “Songsaengnim, I’ll bring a company today.” Youngjae said to his vocal teacher. His teacher nodded.

Well, it looks like only both of the student of the day, “Where’s the others?” I asked Youngjae. He looked back at me, “… umm ….” Well, I’m waiting for an answer. “I’ll just go get the music sheets.” He escorts himself out, and left myself with the teacher.

“Actually, there was no class for today.” The teacher faces me while adjusting the keyboard. “He ‘accidently’ booked the studio or you.” She continues.

“And why is that?” I asked.

“I don’t really get him. But surely, you must be important to him.” She continues. Actually, I’ve already taken.

“I’m back. Did I miss anything?” Youngjae asked as he gets back into the studio. I shook my head as no.

Youngjae passed the music sheets and the keyboard keys hit by the teacher. I couldn’t recognise what song he will sing. Until, the keys hit the intro.

 

There are no words, to paint a picture of you girl
Your eyes, those curves, it's like you're from some other world
You walk my way, oh God it's so frustrating.

So why do I disappear when you come near,
It makes me feel so small,
Why do I blow my lines, most every time,
It's like I got no chance at all,

 

If I could be your superman,
I'd fly you to the stars and back again.
Cuz everytime you touched my hand,
You feel my powers runnin through your veins.
But I can only write this song,
And tell you that I'm not that strong.
Cuz I'm no superman, I hope you like me as I am.

I’m quite surprised he sang this song. The meaning of this song is quite deep, and I think he’s trying to convince to somebody but who will it be? And his teacher thought it was me. Haha, funny!

His vocal hit the notes perfectly. He ends it well. “What would you like to sing?” the teacher asked and Youngjae focuses at me. Hey, it’s just a song decision.

“Your vocal hit is getting better and your English is good.” The teacher praised. I showed him two thumbs up.

“Can I play?” I asked the teacher. She nodded.

I choose Auburn, perfect two. It’s a gift for Youngjae and his secret admirer. Well, who could it be?

 

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly
You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly
You can be the captain
And I can be your first mate
You can be the chills that I feel on our first date

You can be the hero
And I can be your sidekick
You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split
You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'
Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

 

I played the song in piano version instead of guitar. Thank god I took the piano class back then when I’m at Malaysia. I just focused at the keys that I hit even though I already memorize the notes.

The last key hit, “I didn’t know you can play?!” Youngjae asked as the song finished.  “Well, you didn’t ask.” I smirked at him.

We giggle. “You have talent.” She praised and I have never been credit for this, never.

“Thank you.” I answered back.

“Are you looking forward to debut as an idol?” I’m quite surprise.

“N-no. I’m not.” Stutter moment.

And awkward moment happens.

Youngjae’s teacher keeps away the music sheets and plugs off the instrument. “That’s all for today. I see you on your next class Yoo Youngjae.” The teacher made his reminder.

We bowed as thank. “Kamsahamnida, songsaengnim.” I greet the teacher before I take another step out with Youngjae. “No mention.”

“Oh and you’re pretty lucky to have him. Take care of him.” She whispered. I nodded. Wait! WHAT?! Oh, I will take care of him.

 

YOUNGJAE’S POV:

“Ka-ja!” I took noona’s wrist and walked out from the studio.

The sky is darkening and rain starts to pour.

It’s open! I brought her to my favourite café on the street. We headed to the second floor since the first floor is occupied. We sat on a table that just for a couple. Since, that’s the only table available. The table was next to the window, kindly remind me of the term of relax.

“Noona~ what would you like?” I asked her.

She tapped her chin and going into her deep thinking, “Hhhmmm  ... I’ll just have a hot chocolate …” the way she answered bothers me. “Wae-yo? Is there anything wrong? You don’t like here?” I asked her.

“Ani.” She answered shortly.

Ah, it must be about the pay, “Don’t worry. I’ll treat you. It’s okay.” She seemed relief.

“Nae.” She smiled. Aigoo! She has a beautiful smile, it’s her absolute charm. No wonder, Yong Guk hyung gets her first.

The waitress came to our table to take our order, “One hot chocolate, one hot mocha and two slice of blueberry cheesecake.” I guess noona is fascinating the view. Since it’s raining outside.

The waitress took the order and spoke back. “You guys are cutest couple I’ve ever seen.” She smiled. Noona wasn’t mine; she was Yongguk hyung’s. We were blushed.

“So …” both of us spoke in the same time. JINX!

“Ladies first.” I said to her.

“I sense you like somebody.” Omo! How could she know about it?!

“A-ani-yo.” I declined.

“Aish! You don’t have to deny. Whom did you like? Is she prettier than me?” she chuckles.

“Noona~ how did you find out about this?” I whispered.

She hit forehead with her palm, technically it’s Facepalm. “Hey, I’m know what I feels.” She said back in high tone

I kept myself shut. Well, I don’t want anybody to know this. Even Daehyun doesn’t know about her. I looked down prevent from looking at noona.

“Who is she? Did I know her? Does Daehyun know about this?” she attacked me with her powerful question.

“No-nobody knows about this.” I answered her. She leaned herself forward, “Just tell me who.” She whispered.

“It’s Ch-Chorong. Park Chorong.” I answered her. I looked back at her, her face looks like dead shocking.

“That’s your crush?!” she raised her voice a bit. The waitress came back with our drinks and cakes. Noona’s eyes get distracted with the cakes.

“Enjoy.” The waitress bowed and walks away.

“Who ordered the cake?” noona asked as the waitress left.

I nodded, “Well, who’s gonna finish it?” she asked back.

I nodded again.

“Youngjae-ah~”

“Nae?”

“You should not eat too much. I’m afraid that your baby fat will come back.” She pinched my cheek.

I crossed my arms and pouted. “Noona!”

“Arasso! Arasso! I’m just kidding. Just eat.” She hit my arm lightly.

I continue munching and eating the cake. I could feel my weight just increase about 10 pounds! Omo!

Noona seems quiet. Is something bothering her. It’s already 15 minutes for her staring outside. The rain was drizzling. It’s kinda cold, but our hands hug the hot mug which had warms us.

“Noona? Is … something bothering you? Why are you quiet?” I asked her as concern.

She made her look towards me. She pastured her small smile, “It’s nothing Youngjae.” She answered back in low voice.

I held her hands, “Tell me noona. Is something wrong? Is Yong Guk mad at you?”

She sighed. “Actually, there’s something wandering in my head for these few days.” She starts to speak.

“I want to know … who is … HaeRin?” Ho-how did she know about this?! OMG! Someone leaked this. No! NO YOUNGJAE! YOU SHOULDN’T TELL HER!

“Noona. It’s getting late. I should get you home now.” I refuse to answer her question, it’s hard to explain.

“Youngjae! ANSWER. MY. QUESTION.” Okay, noona is scary right now. I couldn’t help it. I should tell her then.

“She’s  ... Yong Guk’s … ex.” I convinced.

“Just her ex?” she asked back.

I kept myself shut. I’m not that brave to tell her forward. “Then, why were you refused to answer my question at the first place? There’s something fishy about her.” I looked down, I don’t care if noona’s mad at me but I won’t tell.

Everything gets in silent, the café start to empty. Until, only both of us just there on the second floor.

She held my hands, “Youngjae. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t raise my voice to you. It’s fine if you refuse to tell.” And I felt wrong.

Noona stood up and before she takes another move leaving, I held her wrist. “I’ll tell you.”

 

[FLASHBACK]

Having their first proper date after 2 years of dating, can’t be more perfect for both of them. Yong Guk lately busy with his trainee schedule. It took him another few months before debut into a group of 6. Yong Guk sometimes would take his own risk just to met HaeRin. He cared her like she was her mother for him.

“HaeRin-ah, how do you like it?” Yong Guk asked while on their way home.

“It’s fine.” She answered back shortly. Yong Guk raised his eyebrow, like there’s something going on, “Just fine?” he asked back. They’d stopped their steps and stare at each other.

HaeRin chuckles. She peeped toed herself, “I like it.” She ran. Yong Guk yelled, “Ka-ji-ma!” HaeRin looked behind and did mehrong to Yong Guk.

They both ran and realised that they’ve already arrived at HaeRin’s. “Well, it’s a great day. I hope we could go again.” HaeRin told Yong Guk.

Yong Guk held her hands and leaned forward. His lips met HaeRin’s, “I would spend my time even for a few minutes just for my jagiya.” Yong Guk mumbled.

They hugged each other and leave to their respective own way home. Both of their parents had given their blessing for Yong Guk and HaeRin’s relationship. They would do everything together, even sometimes during the family gathering, they won’t split up.

 

~~~~~~

 

It was the d-day when both sides met at Bang’s house. They came to visit by, but actually they had a big wish to fulfil.

“I think we should take it to the next level.” Said Mrs.Choi.

“And what was that?” Mrs. Bang asked back.

“We should get both of them married.” Mr. Choi added. Mrs. Bang kept herself in silence. Thing get pretty hard for her. She lost her husband 6 years ago and she still can’t bear with it.

“But they’re just 15!” Mrs. Bang spoke back. She actually agrees with them. But then, her past memories flashes in front of her like a playing cinema.

Mrs. Choi comforts Mrs. Bang, “I know it’s been hard. But, we’ll get them together by each of them getting their degrees.”

“And I suppose, we’ll be waiting for Yong Guk debut soon!” Mr. Choi teased.

Lately, things were fine as planned. But, there must be something gets into the way. HaeRin’s father’s company, were bankrupt due to unstable economy chart that year.  And both of HaeRin parent suddenly, fought of disagree of each other.

Mr. & Mrs. Choi took their decision to get back to Busan, where their first business starts. HaeRin moved too, but she quit schooling for while to prevent burning another hole in her father’s pocket.

If Yong Guk has a day off, he would book a flight ticket to Busan to visit them and returned back on the same day. He would do anything for her future fiancée, future wife and future family in law.

“Ahjusshi, this is from us. I hope this would help.” Yong Guk handed Mr. Choi a white envelop. The envelop consist of few 5 thousand won in cash and 15, 000 won on a cheque.

“I can’t.” Mr. Choi refused to accept. “No. My family and I are sincere about this. Just take it as a return of any of my or family depts.” Yong Guk explained back. Mr. Choi accepted those money and used half of it as HaeRin’s study and the other half for the household and business.

“I don’t care if this business will never work. But I make sure that HaeRin get’s all she need for her future.” Mr. Choi spoke to Mrs. Choi.  Mrs. Choi agreed on what his husband decision on that.

Sooner, their business gets back on track. HaeRin gets to her proper education. And the Choi family had their normal live as usual.

 

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

 

I realised, noona is crying. “Noona? Gwenchana?” I asked her

Her sobbing made me hard to understand, “N-nae. Gwenchana.”


Hey guyss!

I've made the update! I'm now continueing with the part two.

Oh, and did you guys excited about MAMA this year!!!

VOTE ON YOUR FAVOURITE IDOL AND HOPE THEY'LL WIN!!

JJANG :)

Do comment [ecspecially those silent readers. If not, I'll kill you! JK, LOL] and subscribe!!!