Summer Holiday

Noticed

YOUR POV:

I guess I should visiting dad by now. Summer holidays is coming. Yay! Summer holiday for a month, such a long period, I think I know what to do during this holiday.

To: Dad

From: ____

Dad! I MISS YOU!!! And summer holiday is here! I can’t wait for long for this. Can I come back and stay with you for this holiday? It’ll be for a while.

 

Dad was excited receiving my text. Well, I didn’t text him like for over 6 months? I missed him, badly.

 

To: My Daughter

From: Dad

I miss you too!! Oh, really? Well, Malaysia is all year of summer. Sure, I’m glad you’ll be coming back. Hey, did you tell mom yet about this? *wink-wink*

 

I have thought about it. I’m surely crossed my fingers that mom would agree.

 

To: Dad

From: ____

She didn’t know yet. But I hope she would agree.

 

To: My Daughter

From: Dad

I hope so. I’ll be waiting for your reply on mom’s answer. Good luck. Love you darling xD

 

Dinner is coming. I should be ready downstairs.

“____-ah, dinner’s ready are you coming?” he knocked the door.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m coming!” I answered him back.

I head downstairs to the dining room and sat in front of mom. Everything was quiet; nobody spoke or

Made any sounds. Should I ask her now? Yes, I should.

“Omma …” I looked at her while played with my food, literally when I asked.

“Yes?” she answered. “Stop playing with your food.” She continued.

Daehyun stop eating and looked to both of us.

“You have anything to ask?” she asked. Seriously, it became more awkward.

“Summer holiday had arrived and …”

She interjects, “you planned to stay with dad?” Okay, she read my mind too well.

“Ye-es. C-can i?” I asked her back with full anticipation.

“Of course you can.” She answered back.

I was in total joy. I stood on the chair and screamed, “Dad, finally I can meet you!!” I regained my senses in another few seconds and looked down. I find that mom and Daehyun looked at me in total confusion why did I act like that.

I stepped down from the chair and continued my eating my food. “We’ll discuss this matter afterwards.” We all took the last sip of our drink and clean up the table.

Everything’s done! We sat at the living hall and begin our discussion.

“Have you packed your bag?” mom asked while sipping her drink. I nodded and looked back to Daehyun, he pouts and seemed sulking. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Please don’t go…”And he lays his face on my shoulder and begins crying. I soot him, “Now-now, I’ll be going for a while. It won’t take too much time, alright?” It’s like I’m making a ‘desperate’ oath to soot this guy. Hmm, this is why I like you, Jung Daehyun!

He heads up, “P-promise m-m-me tha-t-t you w-will text m-m-me ev-everyda-ay.” Save your soap drama. Please wipe your tears Daehyun. I couldn’t see you like this. I nodded, “I will.”

“Have you booked your flight?” mom asked. “Nae. My flight is tomorrow night at 11.45pm. Well, I’m not taking a day flight since it’s a 8hrs duration.” I crossed my arms.

Mom just smiled. “Well, it’s already 10.30p.m, I think it’s the best for both of you to sleep now. And you, young lady. Get a full rest.” Mom gave her command. Both of us salute, “Yes sir!”

I took my time thinking, I think I missed out something, that’s very important and I just remembered on Yong Guk. I should tell him,

 

To: Jagiya

From: ____

Jagi! Summer holiday is here and I missed appa! I’m planning to visit him.

 

To: Jagiya

From: Yong Guk

Jagiya~ Oh, Jijja?

 

A-ha! Seemed that he didn’t know I went alone.

 

To: Jagiya

From: ____

I’ll be alone for the visit. Mom and Daehyun are staying. Oh, and I’m going like for 2 weeks, since summer holidays are a month!

 

To: Jagiya

From: Yong Guk

BO?! Alone? Seriously? Can you? Aww~ that’s too long. I’ll be missing you :’(

 

To: Jagiya

From: ____

Kekeke~ Of course I can. Aww, I’ll miss you too.

 

He took his own time replying my last text. It seemed he’ll be missing me too much. Ergh, greasy!

 

To: Jagiya

From: Yong Guk

Hmm~ I think I couldn’t stop you from visit appa. Hey! Be safe alright! Take care~ Saranghae :**

 

Well, I don’t know what to say. Is he acted cheesy because he misses me or he’s guessing my looks right now?

 

To: Jagiya

From: ____

Arasso! I will Jagiya!

 

To: Jagiya

From: Yong Guk

Jagi, I can’t send you to the airport. My training schedule is packed.

 

To: Jagiya

From: _____

Gwenchana~ Saranghae oppa!

 

To: Jagiya

From: Yong Guk

Aww~ neomu neomu Saranghae!

 

Night falls and I can’t wait for tomorrow. Ah! I’ve missed dad so much. I wonder how he would look right now.

 

~~~~~

 

“Come on ____! You’ll be late.” Mom yelled from downstairs.

We arrived at the departure gate. I looked back at mom and Daehyun. “Well, I should be going now.” I open my arms as goodbye. I hugged mom, “Are you sure you don’t want any company with you?” mom asked. I nodded.

I hugged Daehyun and he spurns me around, “Peoples are looking! Jung Daehyun!” he placed me down. “Promise me alright?!” he hand out his pinky. I knot my pinky with his, and met our thumb, “Arasso.”

“Take care, alright? Call me as you arrived.” Mom last word before I took another step to the departure gate. “You’ve made your promise” Daehyun yelled.

I waved to them and board the plane. “Miss, what’s your seat number?” asked by a steward. She’s really beautiful, how do say it’s like an alive mannequin. “Oh, my seat is 12A.” I answered back. You see, I love sitting right next to window, I don’t care if it’s a day or night plane.

The steward shows me the seat, “Thank you.” I said. The steward bow and curve her magnificent smile at me, how beautiful!

 

To: Appa

From: ____

Appa! The flight is almost departing. I see you tomorrow, okay? I’ll arrive around 7am.

 

To: My daughter

From: Appa

Okay. I’ll wait for you. Call me when you had arrived.

 

The seat beside me was occupied with a guy. He looks somehow like a Korean and a foreigner. “Are you travelling alone?” he asked. Well, I’m not travelling; I’m just visiting my dad. Wait, isn’t that both of it consist of same meaning? “Y-yeah.” I nodded.

 “You must be brave travelling alone especially for a young girl like you.” He praised. I’m just blushed a while. “Pardon for being rude, my name is Taehwan, Park Taehwan.” [A/N: I didn’t meant the Korean national swimmer but if you guys thought that way, I don’t mind.]

“I’m ____, ____ Lee.” I smiled at him.

“Ladies and gentlemen thank you for choosing Korean Air as your flight. This is the flight from South Korea to Malaysia and duration of this flight is 7hrs 50minutes in total. I’m your captain for today’s flight, Kim JongHun with my second pilot Park TaeKyung and my assistant Park DongHae.” The captain spoke.

“For your safety please pay attention at the stewardess showing emergency evacuation process in front.” He continued. Literally, I can’t see what’s happening in front.

“____-sshi, how old are you actually? And why you travelling alone?” Taehwan asked. “I’m 18 and I’m actually visiting my dad. He stayed in Malaysia.” I answered him. “Oh, your seatbelt.” He continued. Heh? What’s the relation of my story and the seatbelt?

He leaned forward and buckled my seatbelt, “I mean you forgot to buckle your seatbelt.” He continued.

The flight is now on air. I plugged in my iPod and fall asleep. Goodnight~

 

~~~~~~

 

“____-sshi, we’re here.” Taehwan called my name. I slowly open my eyes. And the flight already landed. Some people already left their seats. I rubbed my eyes to get a better vision. I unbuckled my seatbelt and followed behind Taehwan to the immigration post.

I took my luggage. “____-sshi, take care.” I nodded, “You too.” It was nice meeting him. I’m surely like travelling alone and get to know strangers.

I waited at the arrival lounge and called dad.

 

____: Dad! I’ve arrived. I’m at the arrival lounge. Where are you?

Appa: I’m at the arrival gate.

____: Oh okay.

 

I pulled my luggage and went to arrival gate. “DAD!” I yelled as I saw him. He looked behind. Both of us were excited meeting each other. We hugged and people seriously looking at us, like we lost contact for 25 years!

“Aww~ my daughter had grown!” he spoke. I giggled, “I just left for 10 months, not even a year!” I answered. “But still I missed you.” He hugged me and planted a kiss on my head.

 

DAD’S POV:

I missed my daughter so much. Living alone in the big house, making me feel lonelier. “Have you ate?” I asked.

She shook her head. “What do you want for your breakfast?” I asked again. “Anything.” She answered.

I bought her the local food, nasi lemak. Is a rice that cooked with pandan leaves, ate with sambal, anchovies, nuts and egg. As we finished, we get to the car. Oh, my daughter just love sitting next to the driver seat.

“You bought a new car?!” she asked. I looked at her, “Yeah. Why?” I asked her back. “Wow! You have taste of cars. Buying hybrid car and all.” “Wait until you see at home.” I smirked. She looked at me in confuse. I start the engine and begin driving.

She tapped her phone and placed on her ears. She’s calling her mom, I think.

 

____: Omma! I’ve arrived.

Mom: Jijja! Aigoo! Take care, uh?

____: Nae. Omma, its 8am there right? Are you the only one that already awakes?

Mom: Hmm. Daehyun’s here. *you’ve made your promise!*

____: *giggled* Nae~ I’ll call soon. Bye!

Mom: Bye!

 

If you wondered how I heard, she actually put on a speaker as my ex-wife picked up. “Who just yelled in the phone just now?” I asked her in curious. She begin to laugh, “T-that’s Daehyun.” She answered.

Then I remembered about Daehyun. It was my nephew, my long lost nephew. He went to States when he was small.

“Finally, we’re here.” I made my words. “OMG!” She spoke. I looked back at her, “What?” I asked. “You bought a Ducati!” she sounds pretty excited. “Surely, my dad’s rich now!” she praised and I bowed.

“Go upstairs and rest. I’ll take your luggage to your room.” I open the car’s bonnet and took her luggage, that big luggage. I locked the car and went inside. I placed her luggage upstairs in her room.

She hugged me, “Thank you for everything” “I’m your dad. Sure thing I must know the best for my only daughter.” I answered her.

 

~~~~

 

Dinner’s ready. I cooked Korean food for dinner some kimchi, ddukbogi and ramyun. Oh yeah, it look delicious. “____! Dinner’s up!” I yelled from downstairs. She ran downstairs and sat in front of me, sniffling the food. “It looks good. I bet it taste well!” she praised.

We ate without any sounds coming from one of us until we were finished. We sat together in the living room. “What are your planning?” I asked her.

“Hmm~ what to do?” she tapped her chin. “Playing?” I suggested a bad idea. He looked at me, in seriously-dad-i-don’t-think-so face. “What?” I asked her.

“Ah! I called my best friends and sleepover here. Then we’ll go shopping and went to theme parks.” She said. “That’s good. Even Malaysian students are having their mid holiday for 2 weeks! And I’ll sponsored the green notes.” I said. She hugged me tightly as if I almost die, “Thank you dad! You’re the best!”

“Well, you better get some sleep now. I’m sure you’re gonna start your ‘summer-list-activities’ tomorrow.” I said. “Nae~ Goodnight!” I planted goodnight kiss on her forehead and she went off to her room.


Hii guyss!!

Sorry for the late update.

Comment & subscribe :)

Please comment, I'll be happy reading your comments :D