New Friend

Noticed

YOUR POV:

I woke up and hit the shower. I get ready for today. I’m searching for my sports attire. I’d decided to wear blue with white stripe as my tee and black shorts as my shorts obviously.

I head downstairs and ate 2 piece of bread with a glass of milk. And somebody rang the doorbell. I grabbed my bag and opened the door. I’m in absolute shocked. A guy with a fit body standing in front of me, it was Yong Guk, smiling.

“Good morning ______!” he sounds excitedly.

I’m still in shocked and make me hard to talk.

“I take that as yes.” He smiled with his charm overflowed.

I just stare in his brown eyes. He grabbed my wrist and get out from the house.

“Wait!” I stopped him. He looked back at me in confusion.

“I need to lock the house and i'm gonna take my bag.” He nodded. I locked and make sure everything is locked and not leaving anything behind.

I followed Yong Guk from his back as he led me to the park instead of school.

“Why are we here?” I asked him out of the blue.

“We’re using the shortcut. Do you remember? The shortcuts that I told you yesterday.” He asked back.

I thought back and searching for my memory history about yesterday. And, I remembered. I nodded at him.

 

YONG GUK’S POV:

 

Is she having amnesia? I hope so not. I asked myself waiting for her to answer me back. When she nodded that she remember, I was relief.

“Gajja!” I walked with her to school.

I looked at my watch and it’s 7.50am, well school starts at 9am. It’s still early. ‘Oh, I could eat breakfast with _____ and Himchan’s probably there’, I talked to myself.

“Yong Guk-ah? Are you alright?” she asked. My face expression turn back as normal. Maybe she saw I was smiling and talking to myself all the way to school.

“Yes. I’m fine.” I smiled at her.

“Yong Guk-ah, can I ask something?”

My heart was almost stop beating. I looked at her and try to control my expression from making it obvious.

“Yeah, sure. What is it?”

“Why did you came to my house this morning? I just need to know why.” She speaks in deep mood.

“I was thinking this morning that you might forget the shortcuts that I’d told you yesterday. So, that’s why I came to you house this morning so I could company you to school.” I tried my best to answer. I sound like answering my exam tests.

She was like ‘Ooh’ and I’m like ‘Yeah, you know that.’ I read from her face. Even though she doesn’t speak much, but I can tell she felt and what she thought from her face. She’s telling everything on her face, it’s like full of ‘P/S’ words for me to read.

We were early this morning. I looked and it looks like only the students that having ‘important roles’ have arrived at this hour. Its 8.10 am. No wonder the school’s is quiet. We head to the canteen. Thank god, the cafeteria isn’t full.

“____, can you ordered for me too? I have to go and set something. I’ll meet you in 5 minutes later?”\

Yeah, I just remembered that I have to help Mr. Kim at the basketball arena. Aigoo, why I have to do that stuff?! I’m not even involved in that sport.

She nodded and flash her morning smile.

 

YOUR POV:

The queue wasn’t long. I look at the menus and today’s special. Suddenly, I have a hallucination. I saw one of the kitchen lady look like mom. I closed my eyes and shake my head and try to focus.

“Hey, are you okay?” a girl tapped on my shoulder asked in worried.

“Nae. Gwenchana.” I nodded and answered back.

I picked up two tray and queue. I ordered two pieces of wholemeal bread with blueberry jam for myself. And when the kitchen lady asked what I want for the other tray, I went speechless. Yong Guk didn’t tell me what he wants. I can’t simply order, I might chose the wrong food. Until, a guy ordered up for me…

“Give her a set of chicken sandwiches.”

I looked back and he smiled at me and he winked! I’m like, what?! I just bowed and smiled back and looked away preventing from any eye contact. I didn’t catch his name if I did, he’s gonna be dead meat for being !

I paid and walk to the open section of the canteen. It looks calm with nobody. I sat there and when for Yong Guk. It’s still early, the clock just strikes 8.20am and Yong Guk should be here.

 

YONG GUK’S POV:

“Mr. Bang, thank you for your help.” Mr. Kim pleased.

“Sure.” I forced myself to smile at him.

I walk back to the cafeteria and look for _____. I focus carefully at the students, ‘Oh, there she is.’ I mumbled. Before I could take another step, someone grab my arm. I looked back and it was Himchan. I almost creep out!

“Oh, Himchan, you’re here? I thought you’ll be coming at 9?” I asked him while in the middle of the way.

“I had to leave early because nobody’s home. Noona is staying at her friend’s and parents are out to Canada for their business trip. I’m alone at home, that’s why.” He explained.

“Ahh, geuricho? Before I forgot, I want to introduce you to somebody.” I pointed at ____ where she was reading book under the table while munching her apple. Himchan focused his eyes and he got blurred. I lead him to table.

“____, this is Himchan. Himchan this is _____” she lifted her head up and she looked at Himchan. Her eyes widened.

“YOU?!” her expression in shocked somehow looks like seeing ghost stood in front of her.

“Oh? You too do know each other?” I asked her in confusion.

She shook her head as no. I’m getting confused. I sat in front of her with Himchan.

“Well, I was ordering for your food and this guy suddenly ordered it. I looked back and he winked at me.” She explained in full focus. I just look in her eyes.

“Himchan here, is always like that. He always winked at beautiful girls especially someone like you~” I turn it into melody, and it sounds too weird with my deep voice.

 

YOUR POV:

I looked at Yong Guk, he smile. I looked at Himchan, he winked at me. I just at him with straight face and nothing changes. Yong Guk looked at Himchan when he winked at me, he gave his death stare.

“Yah! Don’t you have any manners toward a girl?!” he hit Himchan’s head. Himchan pouted and looked like he’ll be crying.

I giggled.

“Both of you are so cute together.” I burst into laughing .

“Hyung, we’re in secretly dating right?” Himchan teased Yong Guk with his y voice. My eyes widened. Are they, gay?

“Are umm … gay?! I whispered to them.

Himchan smiled like he’s about to say “Yeah. We’ve been together for 3 years” and Yong Guk eyes widened in shock, apparently.

“Aniyo. I’m no gay! Both of us aren’t. This jerk, are only fooling around with his words.” He likes to talk this way so that people leave a misconception.

And Himchan gets his nerves back.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Kim Himchan. I’m best friend of Yong Guk.” He greeted, politely. Now, I now who’s Himchan, Kim Himchan.

“We better go  and get ready now.” Said Yong Guk

 

-SCHOOL ENDS –

 

“Yong Guk, can we walk home together? I asked him. I’m surely out of my mind, asking him this.

“Yeah. Sure.”

Both of walk, silence covered our surrounding. Neither I nor Yong Guk has any idea to talk about something. I’m out of idea.  Luckily, he starts to talk.

“_____, what’s your parents’ do?” he ask, to get to know me better, I guess.

“She works as an engineer. My dad is a doctor.” I told him.

“Engineer? Doctor? They must’ve been great person.” He praised.

I continued.

“My parents divorce 5 years ago. My mom comes back to Korea and my dad stay at Malaysia. And now, I stay with my mom, only both of us.”

“I’m sorry, about that.” He looked at me in sad.

 

YONG GUK’S POV:

She must be rich and I better not to tell mom about this. She must displease. She’s quite uneasy for me having somehow ‘wealthy’ friends. She thought that they will look us down and hate us. But, I don’t think that way. ____ seems different. She is different from other girls I knew.

“No, no it’s fine. So, how about your parent? What did they do?” she asked back.

“Well, how can I tell you. It’s a long story though.” I smirked at her.

She looked at me and was about to do her aegyo. I pat my head and looked away.

“Oppa! Please~ Pleaseee~ *bbuing bbuing*” She called me oppa? We’re same age, why would she do that? Hence, she’s so cute.

I only looked straight in front while telling her my story.

“My dad was died on the day ZELO was born. My mom said it’s like a national secret so she won’t tell me why. I got curious but I simply let it go. I don’t want to cause any trouble. My mom is a housewife. Since my dad passed away, my mom started a small business and it went well. And that’s my story.” I looked back at her.

Her eyes were watery. She was about to cry. She looked down. I stopped at lifted her head and meet her eyes.

“Gwenchana?”

“Nae. I’m fine.” She wiped her tears.

“If you’re fine, why are you crying?” I asked her back.

“I’m touched. It must be hard for you, living without a father.” She speaks in sobbing. She hugged me. I’m just in shocked. Aish, this girl always do something that make me gone insane!

I smiled at her. We walked and we arrived, in front of her house.

“You want to come in?” she asked.

“N-no, it’s fine.”

She went to her door house and before she holds the door knob the door opens itself. It was ____’s mom. Thank god! I thought her house were creepy, as it’s a big house. Her mom was just about to hug her. She had her eyesight to meet me.

“Are you ____’s boyfriend?” she asked in curiosity.

“Nae? No. I’m not. I’m just her friend…” I was explaining and ____’s mom interjects again.

“Ahh, boyfriend , is it?Aigoo, just admit it! You'll make a perfect couple” I’m totally blushed.

“Omma! He’s my friend. Wae? Why are you like? Are you sick?” _____ put her hand on her mom’s to test the temperature. I smiled when I watched this mother and daughter having little fight in front of their house.

“You look familiar to me.” Her mom looks back at me.

I just look a _____’s mom.

“Yes. I met you at the hospital. You’re the one that save ____ from the incident. Am I right?” Her mother gained her lost memory I guessed.

“Yes, I did.” ____ Look back at me and her eyes widened. I tapped her head softly.

“Mr?” her mom asks.

“Yong Guk, Bang Yong Guk.” I smiled.

“Yes. Mr. Bang, would you like to join us for tea inside?” she asked me.

____ and her mom are quite similar from their appearance and attitude. _____’s friendly and open minded so as her mom. Like mother, like daughter.

“No, its fine. I have to go back home now. My mom will worried about me if I come back late.” I hope her mom understands.

“Well, I was just planning having you for the dinner and get to know you. Since you’re ____’s first friend, here.” ____ widened her eyes at her mom. So cute!

I just smile and stood still.

“I should go now, Mrs Lee. Goodbye!” I bowed.

“Take care. And sent my regards to your family.”

I waved at her and walked back home. I was just about o tell ____ that I save her from the chandelier incident, but Mrs. Lee had told her. Aigoo! It was nice to see her mom. I thought her mom was a strict person, well we can never expect how her parents would be.

But I would like to thank Mrs. Lee for reminding herself and me that I saved _____ from the incident and _____’s there.

 

Now she knows, that I’m her little Warrior.